When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po 45mm/22mm

r11co

Regulars will be aware of my search for an accurate black bezel/rubber strap 45mm Planet Ocean (ever since I broke the news to this and other forums that it was going to be one of the watches worn by Daniel Craig in the up-and-coming new Bond flick).

Anyhoo - I see one of our most favoured dealers is now carrying a properly dimensioned 45mm with 22mm lugs....

108237-24588.jpg

Link.

Looks the same as trusty's but for $90 less!!

Starting with the positives - correct bezel scallopping (the first 45 to have this!!), case dimensions look spot on (so hopefully the gen rubber strap will now fit unlike before), He valve correctly placed.

Downs - hands and markers too small, datewheel font wrong, Omega logo on crown too small and crown itself oversized. Caseback is WAY TOO FAT, presumably to accomodate the poor and unecessary choice of 2836 movement (the thickest of the 28xx range).

Shame shame shame :cryss: Even with the correct case dimensions this it too far away from accurate to even act as a starting point for a modding project. One wonders why when the 45mm job with the wrong lug spacing manages to have correct date font/markers/crown/caseback depth.

(Hmmm, thinks Frankenrep.....)

Edited by r11co