When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Bloody 42mm Omega Franken finishes !

zorg2000k

Having owned a 42mm 4th Gen Omega for a few years I was devasted to find out that I had come home "drunk" :drinks: one night from the boozer to wake up the following morning and realise I had lost my beloved 4th gen PO :shock: :shock:

As us Rep boys and gals know it is very hard to buy one of these new from a dealer nowadays :angry: so when I managed to buy from a member on Repgeek I was over the moon :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have always wondered why people would franken there watches but a met a bloke through my work and he had gen dial and hands modded to his UPO. Looked great I thought. Why don't I do that with my 4th Gen.

I have no skills in this area so I managed to find a great member from this forum based in the UK and was willing to help (well pay) to get my 4th gen Modded. If any in the UK needs some help try Wayward, top bloke.

So heres the story :

I bought the dial and hands to start off with and I also sent a Ebay after market bezel off to be added. Pics below

1. Hands and Dial fitted.

handsdial.jpg

2. Original After Market Bezel

bezelbefore.jpg

As everybody knows the pearl can be a dead giveaway for a Rep, so Wayward removed the pearl and modded it for me, without me asking as well :thumbsupsmileyanim:

3. Modded Pearl

bezelafter.jpg

4. Now with Dial , Hands and Bezel replacement

dialandbezel.jpg

5. I then decided to buy a gen bezel (black for a change)

bezelfitted2.jpg

bezelfitted.jpg

Looking great now. Then I thought what the hell I may as well got the whole hog. So I bought gen Crystal , HV Valve kit and Crown / Tube.

6. Tube fitted

tubefitted.jpg

7. HV Valve fitted and Sealed as I want it waterproof and Crystal fitted.

hvsealed.jpg

hvagain.jpg

8. Pic of rep and gen Crown. A new stem was required for the gen Crown to fit.

crowndiff.jpg

Here are some pics of the finished Franken, Have got a gen rubber bracelet, looking for a gen SS Bracelet if anyboys knows someone, which will finish this keeper off.

Big thanks to Wayward :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc0001do.jpg

dsc0004ni.jpg

dsc0008od.jpg

dsc0009gu.jpg

dsc0012ij.jpg

dsc0014ll.jpg

dsc0018dg.jpg

dsc0019yb.jpg

dsc0020xf.jpg

lumeo.jpg

lume.jpg

Heres a list of the parts I bought from Ofrei :

OME-2500-DIAL#2 : Omega Dial For Model 2209.50.00 Caliber 2500

HAN-4151 : Genuine Omega Cal 2500 Second Hand Silver Arrow Luminous With Red Tip

HAN-4150 : Genuine Omega Cal 2500 Hour & Minute Hands Silver Arrow With Luminous

286 ST 0005 : HE Valve Head

069 ST 42184 : Omega Stainless Steel Crown

090 ST 1232 : Omega Case Tube

082SU1702 : Omega Black Bezel

062SB3065 : Omega Sapphire Crystal

• 3 months later...

I tried selling my highly modded upo and to be honest, I got sick of people trying to knock me down, its a lot of money for a rep, considering low prices on used gens these days.

I say keep it, sell the gen and be quids in, buy an alternative seamaster or another brand. Thats what id do if I won a gen PO right now.

I'd put the gen bracelet on the franken PO, and sell the Gen PO with the Gen Rubber bracelet and make some money off of it. Keep the franken. You invested a lot of time and money into it and some of the community helped put it together. I'd say that makes it worth more than the gen, IMO. :D

• 10 months later...