When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Strap options

Hagbard

I've recently acquired a lovely IWC 3717 but only have the rather less than lovely 'leather' rep strap. I'm currently rather enamoured with the kevlar style straps which come standard on the Top Gun reps, but can't find anywhere online (in the UK/Europe) that sells such a thing. Does anyone have one of the Top Gun straps going spare, or know of a source for these?

Alternatively what other strap choices are there out there? I did seriously consider one of these but I'm not sure how it would look - does anyone have any experience of this strap, especially on a 3717?

I agree; the genuine kevlar is awesome....and no doubt awesomely expensive to match!

Has anyone found something similar to the genuine kevlar without the cost? I found some Maratac straps which look fairly close, but can't find anywhere in Europe with any stock.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Hagbard

Always thought the Di-Modell Chronissimo was a good look too.

I really like that strap. It looks as though the strap is a bit wider than the lug width. COuld you guestimate how much wider the strap part is vs. the lug width?

Looks like it might be 1-2mm per side??

I really like that strap. It looks as though the strap is a bit wider than the lug width. COuld you guestimate how much wider the strap part is vs. the lug width?

Looks like it might be 1-2mm per side??

The Di-Modell comes in a 22mm strap size. They are easy to fit on the 21mm 3717 by just a little squeeze at the lugs. My Tourby strap is also 22mm FYI.

Edited by tomhorn

On the chronisimmo strap, I was wondering if anyone knew what the approximate measurement of the areas that stick out past the lug width are. See my picture below I am talking about the area between the two red lines. Looks like if the strap is for 22mm lugs the strap may acctually be 24mm in the widened area?

Clipboard03.jpg

On the chronisimmo strap, I was wondering if anyone knew what the approximate measurement of the areas that stick out past the lug width are. See my picture below I am talking about the area between the two red lines. Looks like if the strap is for 22mm lugs the strap may acctually be 24mm in the widened area?

Clipboard03.jpg

Mine seems to be just under 25mm (24.83 according to my caliper) at the wide bit. Hope this helps. Nice diagram by the way!