When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What shoudl I do?

slied013

I am planning to buy another Rolex. I want the Euromariner LV from Eurotimez or the SSD, and want the best quality movement. Should I buy the clone ETA or the gen ETA? Or should I buy a SWISS ETA on the Bay and build that in the watch? Or is the gen ETA from Eurotimez the same as a SWISS ETA?

Hi Slied

The "GEN ETA" option is a genuine swiss ETA movement. When you order the watch with this movement we take it to our watchmaker who opens it up to verify that it really comes with the ETA before we ship it off to you! This is a part of our extensive QC service

Well the Gen / Copy depends on your budget, the copy nowadays aren't that bad but then again they don't have a track record as the ETA version. Also important to note is that the ETA are increasing in value as they get more scarcer (harder to get), in the future you may not have GEN ETA left anymore in the replica's (gens, of course, will have them and so will watch smiths). ETA has an excellent track record and almost any watch smith can repair or order parts if needed. It's really a personal matter, COPY ETA is reported to be quite well lately and it's also repairable. Both *should (although we can't foresee the future) last a life-time with proper care and service. Well the ETA has been proven to last a life-time, the COPY ETA has been new on the market for about a year so it's not 100% sure yet but theoretically speaking with good maintenance it could last a life-time.

Contact me on my mail below or Neo on eurotimezneo@gmail.com if you have more questions!

I know I've harped on this before but IMO it is relevant..

You cannot refer to a ETA movement as "Swiss eta" unless it comes in the silver and black factory sealed package.. like the one you would get from Ofrei..

by Swiss federation law the ETA movement would have to be fully serviced by a Swiss certified Technician .. the brand companies acquired the eta movements and serviced them in house before installing them..

ETA movements are plentiful from a lot of watch parts vendors on the net. yet they are not "swiss eta's" they are still great movements as I have bought many ETA movements for my reps.. they are not "cloned"..ther is a huge price difference from an eta to a "swiss eta" .. no dealer can call their's a "Swiss eta" unless it comes from the factory sealed package.. look on Ofrei and you will see what it looks like...the eta's sold by watch parts vendors go for about half the price or less.

it is important because although the ETA's are great .. they may still need servicing.. the "Swiss ETA" .. from ofrei is good to go outta the package as they have already been serviced at the factory,,.. our rep eta's have not been serviced by the Swiss Techs.. believe me it makes a big difference,...so don't expect an eta as those found in brand names..performance wise they still need servicing..

AC

Lani