When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EuroTimez DSSD V5

panerai153

As there have been no updates to orders recently.

And the next batch is now on view (well once they sort out their web page)

It will be interesting to see other peoples latest DSSD orders for consistency and quality and the positioning of the watches for pics, in comparison to your own order, especially picking up other members comments on Dial markings and dial scriptions etc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@thogaa - No I can't either and I just got the email to approve pics of order - I thought it was a Vista issue until I saw your post. Guess we'll have to wait a while.....

Beano

Somehow I logged in to your account and it showed this :whistling:

loading2.jpg

I just looked at my DSSD on Eurotimez website.

I must say thanks to Techlogik, he was right.

My dial looks prety bad - the Rolex crown is off centre, the words are off centre and drop off the horizontal, the words over the six marker are also off the horizontal lifting left to right. The lume pearl is off centre in the triangle marker.

I have looked at the pictures head on, side on. Laptop on its side etc. And I know its not the photo angles. I also compared mine to other pics in the order list and theirs dont do this, well not as badly.

I have let Neo know and hopefully this will get sorted.

At last ET's website is working and I've got to see my order. It's quite sad that a man of my age gets so excited by ordering items from the internet... :rolleyes:

@PeteM - thanks for the things to look out for... mine looks ok. None of the issues you mentioned. Good luck getting yours sorted.

@thogaa - Now that watch has some serious 'vintagising' (I think I've just created a new word). That's probably too extreme even for @Nanuq :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now to hit the 'approved' button and wait for the shipping to the EU.......

Beano.

P.S. I popped in to an AD today that had a DSSD in the window. First time I've got to see one in the flesh. :o I liked what I saw, which is good considering I've just paid out for a quality rep.

Yup. Confirming ET website now works (slow though)

I feel sad for whomever has order 915 :black_eye:

DSSD. Or is it just me? :unsure:

You want to see mine!!! #892

Beano looking at the pics again and again it does look to me that the print on the dial insn't good. But I'm no expert. :unsure:

What do you guys think about it? :g:

seadwellereurotimesedited2.jpg

seadwellereurotimesedited3.jpg

|I think you have point - The '6' stick marker looks off as well......

I would welcome thoughts of the wider board to chime in here please :clapping:

P.S. How do I get a copy of the photo out of ET's flash window... I'm using Safari and it doesn't have a copy option - or am I just being thick!

The "Flash" anim photos they use now are so grainy .. I don't know how you can accurately judge dial print. The image itself is horrible.

Certainly in my case the grain of the photo isnt the imperative guide. Its the level of the horizontal line of the dial print itself and the significant variation from centre line vertical.

I think thats also true on Beano's but IMO his isnt as flawed as mine especially in terms of the CL vertical

Having looked at the other DSSD orders in the batch, some look worse than others...

For mine, I have asked Chris (ET) to take another close-up of the watch face to help confirm if this is just an issue with the angle/picture quality or whether there is an actual alignment issue with the dial printing.

I await the photo and will post an update later..

Beano

I had an email from Neo proposing to replace or fix my watch. Hopefully it will be sorted I would rather wait longer and get it right.

Just saw Helina's post on price rise for DSSD. Not sure what that implies for current orders>

XML module on EuroTimez site is still not working.

It must of gone down again. It was fine last few days. Just try again later.

I think it might shut down when they upload new pics etc onto it anyway try later. (make sure you log in and give it some time it can be slow)

The "Flash" anim photos they use now are so grainy .. I don't know how you can accurately judge dial print. The image itself is horrible.

I agree, In fact the way they present the QC pics is practically useless. I work with graphics so its possible for me, but for most they can't save for closer inspection or zoom the images. The flash downsamples them regardless so zooming really is ineffective.

I'm concerned that my pearl is off centre, but they claim this is part of the QC process so it shouldn't be a problem. I can also see a steel dag on one of my end links, but have OK'd the pics hoping that it can be successlfully filed.

I agree, In fact the way they present the QC pics is practically useless. I work with graphics so its possible for me, but for most they can't save for closer inspection or zoom the images. The flash downsamples them regardless so zooming really is ineffective.

I'm concerned that my pearl is off centre, but they claim this is part of the QC process so it shouldn't be a problem. I can also see a steel dag on one of my end links, but have OK'd the pics hoping that it can be successlfully filed.

1:1 exact perfect super final ultimate edition just ad angle grinder :unsure:

Any news? :g:

On my one, they are replacing it - though quite what that means I am not sure IE dial or watch? Or how long but thats a small price to pay

I know one other guy has accepted his on the back of more pics being sent out to him.

Sounds like ETZ are really doing something about it - That's great news for those of us who ordered the new V5 - I've got a final version on the way from Andrew as well so it'll be interesting to do a side by side review on the two ;)

I wonder if there's any truth to the >30m waterproof in the description @etz? :g:

Sounds like ETZ are really doing something about it - That's great news for those of us who ordered the new V5 - I've got a final version on the way from Andrew as well so it'll be interesting to do a side by side review on the two ;)

I wonder if there's any truth to the >30m waterproof in the description @etz? :g:

Without an independent check I personaly wouldnt chance it even if other members said theirs was OK at 30m or any depth, just wouldnt be confident on the consistency of quality etc.

Hey, theres a review for you there! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@thogaa

I would never trust the water resistance of a rep based on what someone else's watch registers. you could probably pick ten reps at random from the same batch, and every one of them would have a diferent depth rating. As was stated before here on many occasions, Reps are not QC'ed like Genuines. First of all the manufacturers are well insulated from the customer. If your genuine watch floods while swimming, It goes back to the manufacturer for a replacement or repair. With reps, the dealer has to eat the repair or replacement. We, the customer don't have a clue as to who built the watch initially, so there is no recourse to them.I'm sure some of the dealers do inspect the watches for obvious flaws, but do they pressure test every watch, I doubt it. Perhaps some of the high end reps are tested, but what do they do if the watch fails or it begins to show failure at say 5 meters? Do they make a notation to the buyer that your watch is only water resistant for showering and possibly swimming in a pool? No. Do they tear the watch down to see why it's failing? No. It gets shipped to you, and it's up to you to verify the depth rating. I have always pressure tested my reps, some have been pretty good, suitable for swimming, snorkeling, but I have never had one that I was comfortable with doing a 30 meter dive. Of course those were reps purchased several years back, so possibly the newer high end models are better. I still plan to have the DSSD pressure tested. It's inexpensive and it gives you the parameters of your watch.

Arthur