When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 Franken; Round 3

Well, what is it they always say? Third time's the charm?

That may very well be the case...

Initially my 3717 started off as an unmodified EL 100, procurred in a trade with fellow member and all around good guy Tutima. Great watch in it's own right, but as per usual, I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I just had to swap in some ETA day/date wheels into my new watch, which was the catalyst for some additional unplanned work.

After drawing from some misfortune and lack of success with installing my Swiss DD wheels, my watch took a rather sudden and unexpected turn for even more mods. During this down time, a new Swiss movement was kindly and generously gifted to me by kruzer, along with a new crystal that had been treated by chieftang; also gifted to me by Lanikai. The afore mentioned DD wheels accompanied this package and went up North to the very capable hands of The Zigmeister to work his magic. During this time, the dial and hands were relumed, and were modified to fit the Swiss 7750; crystal swapped and new movement fitted.

At this point, the watch returned home for a few months, where I enjoyed the new motor swap and aesthetic changes. However, it wasn't long before the watch was due to have it's caseback popped open yet a third time; Concepta offered up a paired set of genuine dial and hands that would take this watch to the next level for me.

Of course, I had to jump on this opportunity. I also wanted something just a tiny bit different; a slight and subtle change, but one that I find myself enjoying every day when I look down at my watch. Just a small touch of Deutch, which gives my new 3717 a fun bit of character smile.gif

And here we are today... My reborn 3717, back on the granite and on the wrist. It's nice to have it back happy.gif

18677648185_9112dcd604_c.jpg

18677648195_233f943a19_c.jpg

18677648235_1a0b9c2c61_c.jpg

18677648245_77ff40bcff_c.jpg

18677648275_04d1b20f12_c.jpg

18677648295_7ab22d7793_c.jpg

18489930418_fd3d01c7a6_c.jpg

18489930498_b8eaa613ca_c.jpg

18489930508_d78091972e_c.jpg

If you guys need to find me, I'll be over on cloud 9 for a while wink.gif

Thanks for looking!

//ubi

Thank god it's out of the shop...I am so sick of seeing this watch I couldn't wait to get it out the door... :p

It looks good on the granite and where it should be, glad I could help with the project, another great teamwork RWG job with amazing results.

Enjoy and make sure that visitor from the big city today doesn't try and bring it home...he's a shady character... :)

ROFL!

Yeah, I know... This thing has been back and forth from your door to mine so many times these past few months... I can't blame you, Zig! It's logged more air travel in the last 120 days than I've had in 6 years :) But don't worry... I don't think it has to come back any time soon!

As for today's visitor; I don't think I have to worry too much about this one, as I think he has one of his own due sometime soon also :) But he has been asking me about my Snowflake lately :g:

:lol:

looks fantastic ubi :victory:

quick question -- one of the things that jumped out at me (aside from that gorgeous dial) was the correct (silver) colored pins attaching the subdial hands to the movement -- here's a noobtastic question for you -- are those part of the gen hands or the swiss 7750 movement?

wear it well ;)

deltatahoe

quick question -- one of the things that jumped out at me (aside from that gorgeous dial) was the correct (silver) colored pins attaching the subdial hands to the movement -- here's a noobtastic question for you -- are those part of the gen hands or the swiss 7750 movement?

Hey deltatahoe! The silver colored pinions are part of the gen subdial hands..

looks fantastic ubi :victory:

wear it well ;)

deltatahoe

The hands are correctly made, unlike the rep ones. The tubes are riveted and the top is rolled over and riveted flush with the hand. It not only looks good, it prevents the tube from slipping on the hand...

So what you are seeing, is the top of the rolled and riveted tubes on the hands.