When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging Interest: Custom Made Yacht-master Dials (16622)

ubiquitous

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... I hate to bear bad news, but......

The dial has been delayed a bit. Looks like it might be into October before I see a prototype. I ended up exchanging emails with my dial guy last night, and apparently, the manufacturer is working very slowly. I can only hope that the delay is because they are either very busy at the moment, or because they are ensuring that the dial printing is as close to 100% correct as possible (hey, it could happen).

Hope to have some news for all soon....

Okay... I hate to bear bad news, but......

The dial has been delayed a bit. Looks like it might be into October before I see a prototype. I ended up exchanging emails with my dial guy last night, and apparently, the manufacturer is working very slowly. I can only hope that the delay is because they are either very busy at the moment, or because they are ensuring that the dial printing is as close to 100% correct as possible (hey, it could happen).

Hope to have some news for all soon....

Keep us posted Ubi.

We are all waiting with abated breath!!!!!!

If the dial is truly the "ultimate" dial, I'd be happily willing to pay 50 or 80. And I'd take 3! And I'd be happy to pay Western Union as long as you vouch for this guy, ubi. And I think we'd all be willing to pay a little extra to have superlumed markers as long as it's flat and even like the gen. Funny.. I just superlumed my EL YM last weekend. I wish I'd caught this thread earlier. I've been hanging around the other RWG.

Edited by bkdc

It looks to me Wo-mart's, http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?ma...products_id=525, and Josh's, http://perfect-clones.com/rlyms10001-roles...712-p-1899.html, (can't find a pic for PT's) have the date window too far right. Eddielee's, http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1871, and Trusty's http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3104, look correct. Do you think so, Ubi?

Eddielee's font seems too bold. I will go for Trusty's as the base (assuming you count me in, Ubi). Ubi, you think Trusty's is OK for the custom dial (no need to mod the date wheel and cyclop)? Thanks.

Edited by bklm1234

Why didn't I see this post sooner?

I have a trusty YMR, and a hand puller. I am IN for 1. ( If it isn't too late ).

Crap, I only have 6 posts over here. I have plenty on the other r-w-g however,

and have been a member for a year and a half.

Edited by RedHerring

Guys, why doesn't everyone just RELAX and quit bumping the thread unnecessarily. <_< (yes I know I'm also doing it by writing this :p)

Randy hasn't even received the prototype yet, never mind placed an order and everyone's getting a wee bit overexcited descending from nowhere like Harpies. We're not talking crowns these are custom dials which will take a lot longer to produce. When the time comes, no doubt he'll put together fair order and waiting lists.

Sorry if I sound grumpy but these endless 'me too!' posts are just grating a little.

:D Yeah me too again if I'm not too late in replying to your reply about my original reply to all these bloody newbies posting and posting as if the rep world is going to end tomorrow :rolleyes:

Do you really believe making 4xx stupid postings is making you an experienced poster ?

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by wildcard