When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

worried regards to a trade

marinamm20

hi

i going around being abit worried regards to a trade i have made with a fellow member here.

bought and paid (300$) for a Rolex DSSD mid october, member stats that the watch was shipped out 26 October.

now almost 4 weeks later - no watch (shipped from sweden to Denmark no customs issues)

have not received any reply from member since 29 October on my PM's on the issue - he have not been online since.

i am not trying to put this member in a bad light, so no names stated.

could be that the package just disappered in the postal shipping....

But is there any chance in hell to make a backtrack on where the package is ?, i never received a tracking number :-(

BR from a frustrated member

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if it was sent via regular mail from sweden to denmark, it should not take more than a week.

Shipping via regular is the same as express almost.

Have you asked the guy who sold it to you to get the tracking #?

That should be the only way to sort it out.

Regards

Mike

Well if he sends it insured or express he gets a tracking # thats for sure,

the price difference isnt that much (something like 5 USD more to send it trackable) so I

really see no reason to send it without....especially if you are sendining a watch you sold for 300 USD!

Im from sweden, PM the guys name and lets see if I know him. And lets see if we can sort something out.

// Mike

Okay, I'm not afraid to name this guy. Its xslyyx who sold you the watch. Checking his posts, he does have the habit of disappearing for months at a time, so his lack of communication could be coincidental. However, when you have a deal in progress, he should be responsible enough to stay in touch until the transaction is complete. Whether he has scammed you or not, he has certainly been a bad seller.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with the buyer here......Whenever I ship I get tracking and insurance. Otherwise there is no evidence of compliance at either end of the deal...No way to do business....even between friends!!

If the seller cannot prove he shipped, he owes the seller a full refund....Finis !!

And....By neglecting to get delivery confirmation, the seller has no defense against an untruthful buyer....

The few extra dollars involved should be considered the cost of doing business...If you skip this expense, you alone are responsible... :bangin: :bangin:

Guest techlogik

xslyyx was logged on at a Swedish forum 2009-11-17 18:41, and I sent him a PM about this thread.

Nice detective work....google is your friend.

I hunted down a guy I bought a watch from, ended up finding his fiancee' on facebook to send a message.

Got the watch....

Hope this gets sorted, hate hearing stuff like this..makes me wanna go postal. :bicycle:

thanks guys for your support, i was in doubt if it was me that was off the ramp.

But if i made a deal where the watch was a no show, i would refund the money in a flash.

i would rather have paid the seller for the shipping to get it insured and get tracking.

it really sucks to lose 300$, that is also some kind of money...

But is guess it is the name of the game - looking back i should have offered to pay shipping.

Internet bans would be funny. Unable to use the internet anymore without doing dial-up from a spliced payphone in some nordic country, spoofing IP addresses behind $10k worth of firewalls and proxys in a clean room wearing a radar deflective jumpsuit.

Would basically brick that new Windows7 Laptop eh xslyyx.

Internet bans would be funny. Unable to use the internet anymore without doing dial-up from a spliced payphone in some nordic country, spoofing IP addresses behind $10k worth of firewalls and proxys in a clean room wearing a radar deflective jumpsuit.

Would basically brick that new Windows7 Laptop eh xslyyx.

uhh ?

:drinks::victory:

Even without a tracking number, he should have a receipt number for the regular mail. Ask him for that so that you can check with the Post Office.

I'm not sure that's the way Swedish postal service works though.

If I'd ship a watch uninsured all I have to do is to put the stamps on the package and hand it over to the girl behind the counter.

No receipts what so ever.

• 1 month later...

I just read in todays paper about a Swede who bought 6 pairs of Nike shoes on his vaccation, all fake.

While entering the country the customs stopped him, and informed Nike about this.

Now this incident has gone to court, and probably the guy will pay for all expenses on both parties.

Also mentioned in the article is that Denmark has zero tollerence in replicated gods.

So if the Danish customs decided to check your package , maybe they confiscated it.

Cut from the article:

These rules apply:

As a traveler, you will enter the counterfeit goods in Sweden that you:

* paid a total maximum of 4300 SEK, if you traveled by charter flight or boat.

* total payed maximum SEK 3,000, if you traveled in any other way. Keep the receipts!

* not purchased for commercial purposes, ie for resale. This is assessed by customs personnel.

Exceptions:

* If Customs believes that there is a commercial goods can be stopped even if they cost less than the permitted amount.

* Beware of where you travel between the lands of other countries. In some EU countries are much stricter rules than in Sweden.

In Denmark there is a zero toll era of piracy, as officer of the watch on the Customs Service. Number, purpose and value of your inshoppade copies does not matter.

Edited by henrik_6

nope never recieved the watch - but it puzzles me if the swedish or danish customs should open a package that goes between sweden and denmark as they both are in the EU.

I have never had any issues with watches shipped from for instance Germany, UK, Turkey, Italy.

i have only had problems with shipment from US, but the last watch i got from US came through withour any issues.

Even a Boasnake strap from southamerica came without any problems

but a watch from sweden - busted, or never sent i dont know,,,,,