When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

worried regards to a trade

marinamm20

Hopefully Admin might step in.

Afterall the guy must have some proof of posting even if its without tracking. If he cant produce it he should be sending you the money back.

Have you contacted admin?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any word on the shipping?? 2 more members are having issues with this seller and it's been 9 day's sinc ethe watches were supposedly shipped out and they have not received a tracking number.. no replies to emails or pm's..

same seller I believe

Any word on the shipping?? 2 more members are having issues with this seller and it's been 9 day's sinc ethe watches were supposedly shipped out and they have not received a tracking number.. no replies to emails or pm's..

same seller I believe

If it is then you think he would of at least started using tracking and if not that can only lead to one logical conclusion on motive given J's issue on this thread and the comments made.

I hope not for everyones sake and that this is a diferent guy and all will get sorted in the right way ;)

I admit I do sometimes send a watch with no tracking or insurance but also know this is my risk and if the person doesn't get it I'm stuck giving a refund. However, I have known times when a watch will turn up after 6 or 7 weeks (there is a story in Dr.Petes Doxa book about a watch that turned up months (maybe it was even a year) later. I would suggest a refund with an agreement that if it shows up payment should be made. Getting the watch there in working order (IMO) should be the sellers responsiblity.

I admit I do sometimes send a watch with no tracking or insurance but also know this is my risk and if the person doesn't get it I'm stuck giving a refund. However, I have known times when a watch will turn up after 6 or 7 weeks (there is a story in Dr.Petes Doxa book about a watch that turned up months (maybe it was even a year) later. I would suggest a refund with an agreement that if it shows up payment should be made. Getting the watch there in working order (IMO) should be the sellers responsiblity.

Dont agree with that last statement. The idea that the seller can be solely responsible for it arriving and in full working order is not reasonable. The seller and the buyer both accept a risk in agreeing to sell and buy. As long as the seller has done all thats reasonable and given disclosure of the item then any event that might take place during its journey is not the sellers sole responsibility, it cant be. Otherwise the seller is equally if not probably more open to scamming than the buyer is.

Admittedly most defects identified upon reciept can be usually identified as a defect in transit or prior to shipping, yes there are grey areas but on the whole it can be identified. Any problems should be discussed between both people and a reasonable agreement reached, if it cant be then the mods can help in bringing the issue to a satisfactory conclusion for both guys. Most of the time we can do that ourselves in the spirit of this forum. In turn you then have the risk of the buyer saying it hasnt arrived especially if you have sent the watch by a method that cant prove it but if you have done so then it could still be a case of 'well I didnt receive it'!

But I dont think its right to accept responsibility as a seller for the watch arriving in full working order or indeed arriving at all, as long as, as I have said the seller has fulfilled or honored his description of the item and packaged and sent it in the most reasonable way or as agreed/requested. I think there is a balance to this not a sole responsibility.

I do however agree with the sentiment just not the practicality of it.

Regardless of a tracking number or not... if the watch does not get to the destination then.. it falls on the seller.. ergo, most say "buyer assumes risk or responsibility".. it's a no win situation for the seller.. if in fact the seller is truthful about shipping.. ergo, tracking is nice to have..but cost more than 30 usd from the USA to EU.. and if you send out priority with tracking it's almost the same price..

One of the big reasons I don't often sell my reps, anything can happen.. the buyer if not honest can always say the watch was DOA and claim a "partial" refund.. movements can stop for no good reason.. too many issues can happen and does... and if I do send a watch from a raffle etc. I will always keep the number even if I don't opt for tracking.. the Post office can track it internally with the number.. and can prove that it was in fact shipped.. but again it falls on the trustworthiness of the seller..

Too many of these posts as of late..

Hats off to the members that spell out every nick and scratch..

and more... how do you prove the movement was actually serviced ?? because a lot of the watches claim to be serviced..demanding a higher price..

So "buyer" beware of member trades..

if I sound negative.... it's this approach that you should check out ..check the seller with other members ..

Take caution boy's and girls.. :victory:

No i have not involved Admin in this, as i cant see want he could do - i dont think he can force seller to refund :black_eye: .

the best i think i could do is to post this treadas a warning.

I really hope that he will come through with the 2-3 deals he have pending - if not it really pisses me off and we should team up towards Admin and get some resolvement on this......

Hopefully Admin might step in.

Afterall the guy must have some proof of posting even if its without tracking. If he cant produce it he should be sending you the money back.

Have you contacted admin?

so true so true - after the failed deal with this seller, i have been VERY picky with whom i deal with.

last two deals (with Hackr and PeteM) was done after looking at post after post they had made.

And they are two top notch guys to deal with, and to mail with....

but i will never JUST buy from a member without investigating on earlier deals made with the seller.

so to bad if there is a good deal from a member, but no feedback or indication on how the person is or if he is trustworthy ther eis NO DEAL

So "buyer" beware of member trades..

if I sound negative.... it's this approach that you should check out ..check the seller with other members ..

Take caution boy's and girls.. :victory:

Still no word from xslyyx i'm afraid....

I bought and payed for the SA and Skyland on the 26th of jan.

After that complete silence...

I specificly asked for shipping with tracking, dammit!

280euro's is a lot of money to me...

Also i see that he had removed his facebook page..... No good signs

that sucks wimpie007 :wounded1:

i really hope that my loss was a one time hickup, so i hope and pray for you and Suchecracks will get your watches

otherwise we have lost 646€ between us 3 - that is alot of money in my book...

but lets see wimpie007 - i really really hope that you both will get the watches you have paid for....

OP first posted this in November 09 .. and I'm assuming has heard nothing from the seller.. and then 2 more members followed suit..

PP dispute may seem like the only option .. listing "watch parts" as the item..

the seller cannot be off line this long now??

OP first posted this in November 09 .. and I'm assuming has heard nothing from the seller.. and then 2 more members followed suit..

PP dispute may seem like the only option .. listing "watch parts" as the item..

the seller cannot be off line this long now??

have there been more than wimpie007, Suchecracks and me that havent recieved what they paid for ?

have there been more than wimpie007, Suchecracks and me that havent recieved what they paid for ?

dunno about a 4th as it seems there were 4 watches involved ??

but one is enough imo.. that is a lot of money .. and with Wimpie and Sc .. you would hope that it is in the mail, but if you have not received the watch and no communication from the seller fo so long .. it doesn't look good.. and if he has removed his facebook ..

you may want to consider a PP dispute with "watch parts" as the item.. no one likes to do this extreme measure.. but if all 3 do it .. Wow..

just do not mention RWG.. (naturally)

Turned this thread over to the powers that be.. just as a "heads up" to what may have to happen regarding xslyyx.. I know it's sort of policy that the Admin team not get involved with member sales.. but this is a lot of money... heck even one sale is a lot of money for any of us..

So maybe we should stand by and see what they think of a pp dispute..

Hi,

I also bought a watch from him, he sent me a tracking ID and I received the watch 4 days later. Conversation without problems and the watch was as described.

Hopes this helps...

In another case I was less lucky, look here http://www.rwgforum....-pam-127-fiddy/

When was that mate?

I dont think anyone wants to hang this guy but unless you hear from someone when an issue arises its not surprising people think the worst, its human nature.

But there could be all sorts of reasons why he hasnt so its hard to judge in a lot of cases when they arise.

I can honestly say i am gutted for you all.

Especially you wimpie,if i had of been 5 minutes faster it would be me waiting for that SA.

This is happening way too much lately,across all the boards.

Just by staying silent this sylxx is HANGING HIMSELF Pete.

If i see a watch i like for sale i dont want to have to do a big detective job to see if the seller is cosher but its going that way.

I really hope it gets sorted.This place has too many good people to be dragged down by a few slinks.

Btw, I know for a fact that xslyyx has had internet-access for quite some time as I see him posting in different forums, latest activity being today at 3pm. No reason for him to avoid RWG unless he'd done something bad.

I can honestly say i am gutted for you all.

Especially you wimpie,if i had of been 5 minutes faster it would be me waiting for that SA.

This is happening way too much lately,across all the boards.

Just by staying silent this sylxx is HANGING HIMSELF Pete.

If i see a watch i like for sale i dont want to have to do a big detective job to see if the seller is cosher but its going that way.

I really hope it gets sorted.This place has too many good people to be dragged down by a few slinks.

Thanks for the kind words Andy, im gutted too ;-(

I have had a mail from him today where he states the watches are sent but without tracking.

Before i paid both me and Suchecracks insisted on him sending with tracking so all parties know where the package is at.

Now i asked for a refund and that i would pay him if the package ever arrived (which i doubt) it's been exacly 2 weeks after he said:

Watch is sent, will be back with trackID, that implied that he got one and that I’d get it from him! After that, 1,5 week without word.

I got a reply back that he will not refund because he sent them but no proof of that, also there are 2 more members with problems and his profile says Croatia and he says the watches are sent from Croatia but all his e-mails are from Sweden (IP proof for that)

I've been playing detective too and have al lot of personal info that i shall not post here so i wont let this slide, any members near Boras Sweden by any chance?

I agree with Aneki above he has been active on REPGEEK and RWI and more swedish forums but avoiding RWG.

Also he said that how he should know that i did'nt receive the watches and that i got the watches already where i promply replied that he should have sent with tracking so we both knew where the package was. Damn im [censored].

Dammit! I've had various dealings here and on the Geek and never a problem and then this guy comes along.......