When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

General Discussion/Off Topic postings...

hackR

have you noticed that some items launched in the "General Discussion" forum are being moved to the "Off Topic" forum?...

ok, i totally respect the admins/moderators for doing so...but i'm wondering if the "Off Topic" forum should be listed underneath the "General Discussion" forum and not allllllll the way on the bottom of the page - requiring scrolling...not all 4 "Off Topic" category forums, just the general one...

many of us hone into the "General Discussion" forum to see what's happening with wrist checks, etc...having the "Off Topic" forum underneath would really help - and probably assist the admins/moderators in keeping stuff sorted where they want it to be...

my 2 cented suggestion...thoughts/comments?!...

R-

(ooops...is this a "General Discussion" post or a "Off Topic" post?... :pardon: )

hit your end buton to take you all that long way... :lol:

have we become so sedentary in front of the computer screen so our fingers feel like they are walking miles..actually I'm

asking myself that as I find it a long way to.. so this has got me thinking ..

we are as a society getting way to lazy.. all I do is hit the "end" button and I'm there in hyper warp.. hit the home key and I sprint to the top of the page again..

But when we start referring to a web page as a long way down... (this includes myself as much as everyone else).. it's time to rethink ... :(

we need to do some finger sprints.. intervals or something :thumbsupsmileyanim: our fingers have gotten fat and lazy.. not to mention our mind sets... :wounded1:

AC

Lani B)

I just use the "View New Posts" button every single minute of the day. Of course, when I go to bed and then return to the forum in the morning, I hit that button and lord knows how many new posts I have missed. I have noticed several times that my own posts aren't in the new posts lists, but when I click on "My Topics" button there are replies from during the night. So, if there is a reply, why isn't that considered a new post since I logged off the night before???

I can see it's time for the leadership of this site to take proactive steps to ensure the health and well-being of our esteemed members.

In light of that decision, I present Phase One of the Exclusive RWG Exercise Program!

Ready? Begin.

1) Press (and hold) the "down arrow" key.

--- keep going ---

--- keep going ---

--- you can do it! ---

--- almost there! ---

--- come on, keep those elbows up ---

--- almost there! ---

YOU MADE IT! Congratulations. :clapping:

This concludes Phase One of the Exclusive RWG Exercise Program. Be sure to get plenty of rest tonight, in preparation for Phase Two tomorrow! :tu:

we would not even make it outta the house yet alone Eagle Scout...

:lol:

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if they have Eagle Scout 4.0 out for Vista yet. :g:

<edit> hackR makes a good point, but I always thought it considerate toward the membership to have "Off Topic" tucked away in the basement. This site's genre really is the watches, I don't deem them 'most important', but some do. Often people will comment to that fact especially when tempers fly. Then others will chime; "It's 'Off Topic', what did you expect? Go back to 'General Discussion' and ignore this subforum." Fair but not easy when some poster starts an inane topic; YEAH! right in your face.

OK I have to go back and redo Bob's calisthenic. I cheated. I clicked the mouse wheel and put it on auto scroll. I also ride my kids' Razor scooter on the tread mill. Who am I kidding? Honestly.

I agree, I post here in the general discussion all the time because, besides brand specific subforums it's the only one with any action/ where you can get a response.

I've been a mod over at a very popular forum (421,000 members) for many years and we are RUTHLESS with thread positioning and offtopic.

It works. It keep things neat and all thread areas working.