When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

202A PVD Light absorption.. incredible!

lanikai

When I first viewed my 202A that returned from up North I was literally blown away by the looks and texture of the pvd coat.. wearing it today proved it to be more than just good looks..

Military watches depend on stealth in their pvd coat.. obviously any refection of light waves at night would not be good..

unlike lesser pvd coats that reflect their coating just as much as ss but in black .. my 202A absorbs light waves as Chiefs AR coating absorbs light waves.. this pvd coat is the mirror to his AR but in metal..

I took these pics in extreme indirect lighting and glare, with more lens exposure to illustrate the function of the pvd..

the Ultimate PVD with it's light absorbing capabilities :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The reflection of the crystal illustrates the lighting..

no AR in the genuine crystal of this model either... notice how the PVD just gets dull and looks dead.. compared to the areas not directly in the light.

pam202a090.jpg

Closer to normal exposure

pam202a089.jpg

from the pics I've seen of the genuine the bezel, this piece looks very much like the genuine

pam202a087.jpg

pam202a088.jpg

pam202a085.jpg

The cg is absorbing all the light thrown it's way~

pam202a080.jpg

pam202a078.jpg

notice the areas not in direct light.. showing the absorption of the pvd

pam202a074.jpg

normal image without full direct light

pam202a056.jpg

pam202a055.jpg

Wristi.. the strap.. V's about 3 years old, never worn... very well made !

pam202a071.jpg

thanks for viewing.. I may add.. that the look of the pvd does not look as dead in extreme lighting but I wanted to let in as much light as possible.. no slight of hand here nor photo shopping.

pam202a066.jpg

AC

Lani

That PVD just soaks in the light like a sponge!

Gorgeous contrast with that strap, BTW!

:wub:

Thanks R !!

yup... look at the difference in pvd quality.. this is from a dealer with pretty good pvd.. but with macros a noticeable difference .. and this buckle has hardly been worn..

pam202a058.jpg

pam202a057.jpg

AC

L

If that thing has been relumed by Ziggy then you'll be visible for 20 miles in the dark LOL.

Actually, no..

Not only is this lume patina-ed and the texture somewhat fluffy.. and,... being that back in the day there was no C1-3 or SL,.. it reacts like it is very old lume.. just like my genuine Speedy Moon watch does.. Zig.. left no stone unturned with the 202A..

Lani, which case did u use for this project? is this old Helenrou's case?

this one was gifted to me..

I'm working on some cases .. sample should arrive in a week or two.. in time for Ziggy's January run.. I'll let you know by pm mil,..... hopefully all you would need would be a DSN case back.. and a FGD dial.. the eta's are available through Ofrei or other internet vendors..

the crystal can be ordered from DSN also..

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.. been going nutz this week.. :rolleyes:

AC/L

Beautiful watch Randy as I said in my PM as well.. my new PAV 99 strap with the pvd logo buckle will be a great combo...

btw you know you are wearing that strap inside/out? ;)

The tongue part should be reversed... check the ending on the top left of your tongeu side.. this should be on the inside :)

but then that's what happens when you make a perfect strap like mine both in the inside and outside :p

Beautiful watch Randy as I said in my PM as well.. my new PAV 99 strap with the pvd logo buckle will be a great combo...

btw you know you are wearing that strap inside/out? ;)

The tongue part should be reversed... check the ending on the top left of your tongeu side.. this should be on the inside :)

but then that's what happens when you make a perfect strap like mine both in the inside and outside :p

:lol:

only you would notice your work.. actually there is not a grain of difference from either side cept the stiching, and that makes it look more hand made.. :lol: \

I'll be sending out the buckle this week :good:

AC/L