When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first UPO!

Mubeen

Hello folks,

This is my second watch bought on this forum, first being a PAM i bought form a fellow member. This is my first ever Omega, and the choice was easy, Planet Ocean 45mm (UPO) :)

I love the simplicity and beauty of this watch. Looks and feels well built and high quality. This one has Swiss ETA self winding movement and seems to be keeping accurate time. It has single AR, which works well in normal lighting condition. Only slight problem is the lume, which is nothing to write home about. It lasts few minutes after normal charge. Comparatively, my Seiko 5 Sports glows almost all night long!

Overall, happy with this UPO. In fact i have been wearing this since i got it. My other two watches are not getting any time at all. I would like to get it double AR coated at some point and also re-lumed.

Could you experienced guys suggest my best source for AR and general service in UK? I am new to forums and pretty much a noob when it comes to watch technology, so would appreciate any suggestions and tips :)

And finally, a thumbs up for Prowatch Polo :good: Top dealer. Excellent service.

Here are some pics i took over weekend. Havent got a proper macro lens at present, so no closeups this time.

4133778009_de39f9f569_b.jpg

4134541522_0fe58856b3_b.jpg

4133780085_03c989a90f_b.jpg

4133781155_0e24f2d2f7_b.jpg

4134544888_6a7b4ebeed_b.jpg

Cheers :victory:

Can't fault the choice of watch and your pictures are great. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's what I can tell you with regards to servicing and I'm sure some more members will chime in too.

I think Tom Highway is our resident UK watchmaker and Briciola is based is Germany. I haven't any experience in dealing with Tom, but last month Briciola serviced my Swiss powered UPO and did a great job, he can also get German, non-tinted AR done as well but I can't vouch for the quality.

You won't get AR done in the UK. Chieftang is our resident AR god and is U.S. based. He will post sign up threads throughout the year when a coating run is imminent and we all try to get in on the limited places.

Thanks guys.

Sounds like Tom Highay is the man for any service in UK. I will take note of that.

For AR, i have read Chieftangs posts and reports, but as i understand, i would need to remove the crystal to send it to him. Being a total novice, i obviously cant do it, so would need help from serviceman to do the job.

Hey, thanks for the nice comments guys :) I tried to do justice to this beautiful watch in my pics. It really is abeautiful design, isnt it? I wasnt expecting that i would wear it all the time as i also have a PAM. But i havent worn my PAM since this UPO arrived. I wish Omega had as many models in PO range as PAM, but most of their watches look alike anyway.

icqmtl,

I bought it from Prowatch Polo, a collector on this site. You can contact him through PM or email.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey astrograph, whats up with those Indian hotties in your signature and pic ;) Are you from India or just a Bollywood fan?

my parents are from india!

i'm from NY ;) and i like indian hotties biggrin.gif

regarding your UPO, you should get the gen crown/tube put in as soon as possible.. do it when you send your watch in for AR coating and lume....so you don't have to send it back for just that job. also if you are going to go crazy franken, you can get a Gen Dial ($200~), Gen crystal ($200~) and you might even be able to get a gen bezel.. but i am not sure if the 42mm or the 45mm can take the gen bezel. Lani or Ubiq can probably answer that.

anybody knows wich UPO this is? look at the dial, normaly the writing of chronommeter and 600/2000 feet should be the same size, but look at the space 600/2000 is shorter.

the big marks on the bezel are to short, swiss made is to thick, and the complete writing is too deep, the numbers are diferent too. this is a complete differnt dial,

the pics are great no way, but the watch is totaly different to the so calld upo.