When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones

Wow!! I placed mine Feb. 4 and it shipped on the 5th, hoping against hope that it shows up here in the US by the end of the week. Enjoy it.

One other question - how's the lume? I saw another member on here who received one of these commented that it wasn't "true blue", whatever that means. A good lume shot would be appreciated.

how blue can you get :lol:

dssdreview003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing post/pics/review, Lani. Thanks.

After a few months of mulling it over, I ordered my DSSD Ult V w/bezel mod from Joshua today. Cant wait!

this is one that will not disappoint :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the bracelet will balance the height and weight of the DSSD very nicely..

AC/Lani

Yeah thanks Lani for this thread. I dont post alot anymore, mainly like to read and learn. Its amazing how I keep coming back to RWG for the final say.

RDubya, please do pics when you get yours. This is a must on my list.

I'll post pics for sure! Cant wait..

the correct 10 spaced insert is >Here

Something interesting happened with this version just this week. A buddy of mine managed to drop his watch on a tile floor and he wrecked the "Correct 10" bezel that it came with (as he had purchased the "Ultimate" DSSD with the "Correct 10"). Well, since he didn't know what to do with it, I took the watch and told him that as soon as he ordered a "Correct 10" bezel insert, that I'd replace it for him (based on what I've learned from you guys).

Anyway, I removed the broken "Correct 10" bezel from the watch and discovered that the modification that is done so that the bezel fits properly is NOT done to the ceramic bezel insert, but to the bezel ring itself. Essentially, the bezel ring is apparently put on a lathe and it is grooved a bit deeper where the "Correct 10" bezel protrudes. Thus, they don't have to grind the bezel insert down, as we would. Instead, they work the bezel ring so that the bezel insert simply fits.

This made matters a bit easier for me as all I have to do now is wait for his replacement bezel, swap out the pearls, and voila!

Something interesting happened with this version just this week. A buddy of mine managed to drop his watch on a tile floor and he wrecked the "Correct 10" bezel that it came with (as he had purchased the "Ultimate" DSSD with the "Correct 10"). Well, since he didn't know what to do with it, I took the watch and told him that as soon as he ordered a "Correct 10" bezel insert, that I'd replace it for him (based on what I've learned from you guys).

Anyway, I removed the broken "Correct 10" bezel from the watch and discovered that the modification that is done so that the bezel fits properly is NOT done to the ceramic bezel insert, but to the bezel ring itself. Essentially, the bezel ring is apparently put on a lathe and it is grooved a bit deeper where the "Correct 10" bezel protrudes. Thus, they don't have to grind the bezel insert down, as we would. Instead, they work the bezel ring so that the bezel insert simply fits.

This made matters a bit easier for me as all I have to do now is wait for his replacement bezel, swap out the pearls, and voila!

Makes sense to me.. since even for a factory.. it's MUCH easier to lathe metal than to sand ceramic. especially since they have all the appropriate equipment to do so.....

Damn! But one'd still need a bloody lathe. :p

Good post, there! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason why the ETA is $369.00 versus $389.00 for the Asia 3135 movement?

I would think it would be the opposite.

without being an expert on movements.. from the standpoint of a customer.. my 3135 rotor is deathly quiet.. and the time it has been keeping is spot on to my genuine Rolex'.. I'm really happy with my Asian Rolex clone.. though some may say to b assured longevity go eta.. it's up to you ..

AC/Lani

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everybody!

I'm new in this forum. I have been reading mostly the reviews for almost 2 months now. Thanks to Lani and ByTor I converted from a gen collector to a rep one. I already bought 2 reps thanks to this well made reviews. Keep the good work!

Cheers!

Hi everybody!

I'm new in this forum. I have been reading mostly the reviews for almost 2 months now. Thanks to Lani and ByTor I converted from a gen collector to a rep one. I already bought 2 reps thanks to this well made reviews. Keep the good work!

Cheers!

:1a:

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Lani, Again I am blown away by your amazing review. Your photos and words are excellent, Mahalo's for your

valuable contributions to our forum,