When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones

Hi

That watch is fantastic, a brilliant review. Can you point a noob in the right direction!! I am trying to find dealers in UK or EU that offer good quality reps. I have looked on the dealer section but it is difficult to find UK websites! I may be daft but give us a hand.

Thanks

Snap

Stay with the dealers here do not venture into the internet.. too may scams.. and high inflated prices..

there are a couple of dealers located in your part of the World.. try picking a timepiece.. and introduce your self in the intro section and after you've decided on a watch we can help you find a dealer that suits your needs B)

Cheers

Lani

Hi Lani,

Some variations of these had pretty serious quality gotchas... anything like that with this one? I don't mind intrinsic detail flaws nearly as much as having to repair a 'new' watch.

This one is gorgeous. How long does the lume hang on? The color sure looks great!

J

Edited by Jack1024

thanks for posting lani. mine is arriving tomorrow along with one of the 45mm nardins ... can't wait.

Your going to love the 316f wheat !!!.. it's what was always the big.. "why can't they" posts..this one is as brilliant in color and shine as my gens... finely brushed satin finish adds to the steel too.. enjoy and congrats !!

Jack1024

Posted Today, 04:26 PM

Hi Lani,

Some variations of these had pretty serious quality gotchas... anything like that with this one? I don't mind intrinsic detail flaws nearly as much as having to repair a 'new' watch.

This one is gorgeous. How long does the lume hang on? The color sure looks great!

J

It can get frustrating at times.. no matter how good the QC is.. remember these are reps.. and it's good to have a dealer that can replace the defects.. a watchsmith that can do minor repairs (ones that are rep friendly) .. and a little knowledge (which you can learn here) ie. loose hands.. regulating... tools are now available at "Watch Bitz" here in the dealers section for very good prices.

these Asian Rolex clones have been keeping great time for me and feel great through the crown.. just setting the time and date etc. .. not like the cheaper Asian movements .. and sweep hand is really smooth..

At times it comes down to the luck of the draw.. we have all been there.. at one time or another.. but these reps just keep getting better..

you cannot get a 80 usd rep and expect it to last long..

just make sure your dealer can cover defects.. answers your emails in a timely manner.. and your gtg.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

Thank you so much for doing this review! I've been thinking that the only way I was going to get a decent version of this watch was to combine the skeleton of my V3 with the dial and bezel from a V5. I see now that I am wasting my time. My V3 is now worthless. :( Having a steel that is brighter was the one thing that I thought I'd just have to live without. Having spent as much time as I have obsessing over finding a "perfect" version of this watch has finally come to an end. I haven't checked the price yet, but there's no doubt that I'll have to suck it up and pay what they're asking. I've got a bezel ordered that will fix the bezel issue on this version which will give me a DSSD that I can wear with confidence and pride- FINALLY! :clapping:

Stay with the dealers here do not venture into the internet.. too may scams.. and high inflated prices..

there are a couple of dealers located in your part of the World.. try picking a timepiece.. and introduce your self in the intro section and after you've decided on a watch we can help you find a dealer that suits your needs B)

Cheers

Lani

[/quote

Thanks Lani,

Will do

Snap

Yno matter how good the QC is.. remember these are reps.. and it's good to have a dealer that can replace the defects.. a watchsmith that can do minor repairs (ones that are rep friendly) .. and a little knowledge (which you can learn here) ie. loose hands.. regulating... tools are now available at "Watch Bitz" here in the dealers section for very good prices.

these Asian Rolex clones have been keeping great time for me and feel great through the crown.. just setting the time and date etc. .. not like the cheaper Asian movements .. and sweep hand is really smooth..

At times it comes down to the luck of the draw.. we have all been there.. at one time or another.. but these reps just keep getting better..

you cannot get a 80 usd rep and expect it to last long..

I totally understand that this is a rep... I just want one that works without 3 round trip tickets back to the dealer. I really enjoy doing fixups and mods, but I can't stand stuff that is just flat broken.

This model isn't $80 but closer to $400. I'm on my 3rd DSSD (of various flavors) and they all have had pretty major issues that really aren't fixable without new (rep) parts. My DSSD now is a franken of the 3 different ones. The clasp from the first, (the second and third ones either had bad welds or mis-drilled clasps) and the bezel from the 3rd, because it was the only one that lined up even close. I've even figured out a way to epoxy the HE valve from the outside, because all of them had that issue.

Interestingly all of them run just fine (a 21j and two ETA clones) and are within 10 seconds a day accurate, so it isn't the movements that are the problem.

I've actually had my best luck with the $80 reps. Not sure why that is... but as daily beaters they have been awesome. I have a 4 year old 21j exp2 (FREE - sent to me along with a trade as a perk) that I just can't kill. It is starting to look like one of those 'vintagized' classics... :rofl:

J

Yeah J.. I've had my "runs" also with streaks of issues.. knock on wood.. I won't comment on the current state.. my dealer is the best (for me) when it comes to issues, and Qc's the movement 2 to 3 day's before shipping it out.. so I'm very happy with these reps, and my dealers tenacity although it is dropped shipped .. his man in GZ does a good job of it... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

Guest techlogik

Well give us your source?!?! Because I can't believe that was drop shipped from Josh directly. My last two from him, although arrived quickly, had minor QC stuff that just sends me over the edge..for $800 worth of watches, I would expect better.

You have a video camera to setup and do some video of the watch working day and dusk?!?! That would be cool.

Thanks

Well give us your source?!?! Because I can't believe that was drop shipped from Josh directly. My last two from him, although arrived quickly, had minor QC stuff that just sends me over the edge..for $800 worth of watches, I would expect better.

You have a video camera to setup and do some video of the watch working day and dusk?!?! That would be cool.

Thanks

you don't have to believe me.. :lol: I'm not trying to "sell" this, as I have no vested interest in the watches.. just mine.. set up a "what". :brow:

fly to Hawaii and see for yourself B).. looks good in the Hawaiian sun.. :lol:

just this beast of a review took over a day to produce.. I'm not in the biz of doing this.. on an amateur level I do ..OK..but a video.. :rolleyes:

the gen goes for around 5k ..and has no QC issues.. :D

AC/L

@Jack,

There's a gen on WatchU Seek for 7200.00 USD. Guy has been trying to sell it for several weeks now. Say's it's brand new with all the boxes, papers warranty card, etc. I agree, haven't seen any for 5k.May be able to get a"Hot" :ph34r: one for that

@Lani,

That was a great review, and very appreciated. I think ,like tech said, put a Eurotimez bezel insert on your baby, and it would be the "bomb" =@

@tech

I believe the problem with rep QC is, "there ain't no stinking QC!" Look at the problems Eurotimez is having with some of the DSSD "ultimates' that are just now hitting members hands. He makes a lot about QC, but the bad ones keep slipping through the cracks. I'm sure the "front office" folks mean well, but the problem isn't there, it's with the inexperienced, untrained workers who probably get a quick rush through and sit at a bench and look over a watch and possibly compare it to photos of what it's supposed to look like. I don't have a clue as to what their QC is really like , so I'm just speculating it is pretty rudimentary. Also I wonder sometimes if members who write reviews and have a lot of credibility get "hand picked" models wheras the rank and file get whatever comes off the assembly line next.Nothing wrong with that , lots of industries do the same thing.

Cheers

Arthur

Brilliant review Lani, your photography gets better and better, as if thats even possible.

Am I the only one though, thats noticed the missing paint in the gas ring letters?

Thanks P4..

what appears to be missing paint is an illusion..the lighting and angle.. it's there to the naked eye.

AC/L

If you know where to find a gen for $5k of this one, let me know, I'll be right over!

(The last one I looked at was priced at $9250, although they were willing to 'talk' about it)

Ben Bridge Time Werks had them on sale for between 5 and 6k.. claimed they move fast with the "kids" from Japan.. play money for most of them on vacation.. they sold 5 in a few hours and had one left with more ordered.. I thought that was a good deal but close to 10k.. fogetaboutit.. :nea:

Time Werks and Macy's here have great sales on selected items at times.. since they do so well with their other high end pieces .. like a tourist spending 70k in less time than it takes me to change a bracelet.. they just walk in and point.. :lol:

Ben Bridge Time Werks had them on sale for between 5 and 6k.. claimed they move fast with the "kids" from Japan.. play money for most of them on vacation.. they sold 5 in a few hours and had one left with more ordered.. I thought that was a good deal but close to 10k.. fogetaboutit.. :nea:

Time Werks and Macy's here have great sales on selected items at times.. since they do so well with their other high end pieces .. like a tourist spending 70k in less time than it takes me to change a bracelet.. they just walk in and point.. :lol:

For the countless zillion times.. I do not dropshipped.

All the watches are paid and brought into my stocks to have the limited exclusivity.

They are checked before delivery .. Things does happens during its trip to reach you .

I have done my best to minimise them by secure and the best protection packaging...

Back to the watch.. What more can I say .. ? Its selling fast.

Kept one for myself..

Just like the PO , steelfish.. this is a must get.

Joshua

Guest techlogik

For the countless zillion times.. I do not dropshipped.

All the watches are paid and brought into my stocks to have the limited exclusivity.

They are checked before delivery .. Things does happens during its trip to reach you .

I have done my best to minimise them by secure and the best protection packaging...

Back to the watch.. What more can I say .. ? Its selling fast.

Kept one for myself..

Just like the PO , steelfish.. this is a must get.

Joshua

Really?!?! Then my cousteau shouldn't have had crooked markers at 3-6-9....albeit slight, a lume job hides it mostly...but still, should be dead straight.

Do you offer photos upon request of an order?!?!

Might reconsider using you again if that is the case.

Thx

Well, I wanted...really wanted to wait for the next version because of the 10 spacing on the bezel, though after reading this review, oh...about 10 times now, could help but pull the trigger and grabbed one off Andrew.

Man, I can't wait to get this thing on my wrist! Thanks again Lani, awesome review. I really appreciate the work you put into it. :)

Well, I wanted...really wanted to wait for the next version because of the 10 spacing on the bezel, though after reading this review, oh...about 10 times now, could help but pull the trigger and grabbed one off Andrew.

Man, I can't wait to get this thing on my wrist! Thanks again Lani, awesome review. I really appreciate the work you put into it. :)

Thank you Mac. ... it is rewarding when the review is appreciated.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the Bezel insert can be replaced..as others have commented about on this thread.. I am totally happy with mine after 2 other versions didn't cut the mustard..

and Josh and andrew are great with after purchase service.. I guess it depends on how you come across to others ..

I've had issues with all other dealers concerning QC.. all others.. and Joshua and Andrew (and a couple of others) are dealers who come through "always" with defects or parts if I need them.

Looking forward to your pics..

AC/Lani