When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones

thank you Nanuq...

to All: RESPECT to others is the key we should focus on .. especially in this Holiday Season,... member to member... dealer to member.. "Lokahi".. unity with harmony..

I'm sure the posts were not done maliciously.. so we move on as a community B)

Wow, you are a celebrity of some sort. I just got an e-mail from Josh about the "Best Deepsea to Date" and he actually links to this thread! Josh better start hooking you up if he hasn't already done so ;)

Joshua asked if he could use the review.. I do not review on "hype' or marketing by the makers.. my reviews will bring out negative as well as positive.. all members reviews are for the "community" are not the reviews that you will find on rep. magazines.

I do comment,from my perspective, if a flaw is acceptable to "me" and not you :)

As far as "hooking me up" .. these reviews are done unconditionally and do not reflect RWG's nor my like or dislike with any one dealer... I buy most of my reps from Perfect clones.. the reason why ?? it's not for the reviews.. it is for the service I receive after purchase, parts are a huge factor in my dealer of choice.. and have nothing to do with the reviews.. they are a totally separate entity.

I have been holding off on anymore DSSD's, until this one, I have been simply waiting for the correct date window.. and this project took close to a year to get done.. I had mentioned it several times.. some members chose to ignore it..but I cannot and will not deter members from loyalty to their dealers.. nor will Perfect Clones.. as a professional that is the way business should be conducted.. we review... advise.. and let the membership speak with their wallets..

We have been through all the harmful threads of "paid reviews".. so we need not revisit this topic again..

dealers are competing against one another.. but still have time to take tea together.. this is business.. we should not turn it into a "who to buy from war" out of any personality differences.. nor dislikes or prejudices at any dealer.

I suggest in the future to respect others reviews .. time spent, and act accordingly when posting pics of other dealers watches on review threads.. it only causes internal conflict on the board,.. which as a community we do not need nor want

and finally .. Some dealers do show their appreciation to the community and that is why I,.. and other members do these reviews.. it's about the community and not any one person.. :1a:

ASCIWhite

Posted Today, 08:36 AM

My only annoyance with DSSD and this is directed at Rolex and not the rep..... I Wish they would have used a 22mm bracelet instead of a 20mm. The watch would have looked SOOO much better! IMHO

And maybe some hard core rivets in the bracelet :) Yum yum. If they are to go big, they should go BIG on all the aspects.

''

as a tech "opinion" on the size on the gen. and then the rep. ... it is for ..imo functional "balance", I covered this in a past review.. the V1.... look at the clasp and notice how long it is across your wrist.. imo.. this and the width of the bracelet is for balancing the large case set.(height especially)... the clasp is the base so the bracelet need not be too wide

I believe without these measurements the piece may not balance as well on the wrist .. it is great on a Zulu Strap though.

hope that answers the Q AC...

AC

Lani

Escellent Review R (as usual)

I just can not understand how the Cartel

can't get the 10 correct on the dial. How

many versions do they want to make before

they fix the "10".

Come on Josh and Trusty...

Get your insert correct alteast!

MM

it's the case where the parts are made in 1000 units at a time me thinks.. someday the corrected version will appear..

my main concern was with the date window.. now we can concentrate on the insert :lol:

thanks for the kind words M..

AC/Lani

Lani is correct, the title states "New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones" and not let's compare all the versions. Let's respect the intent of the reviewer.

On the other hand, I think it would be really neat to have a post by someone that could pictorially present the evolution of the rep DSSD from V1-V5/Ultimate (or whatever) so we can all see how far things have came during it's lifetime. I personally have not been around the rep world long enough to remember the original versions of this watch and would find it very interesting.

I could do a comparison with the 3 versions I have J.. but I would keep them to the same maker and dealer.. I don't feel comfortable using pics from another dealer's version..

it would be the

V1

V3

and now "Ultimate"

AC/Lani

It would be interesting if someone could "fill in the gaps" with pics of the dealer specific ones you don't have and a collaborative post be done. The same would go for the ones other dealers carry. Would make for an interesting history of this much hyped beast!

Hi Lani,

Great review! Your link of Joshua's site doesn't work, the page is not loading. Do you have another link of Joshua or Andrew. I want to place some orders before christmas as gift to my wife and myself :D

thx,

Ali

Ali,

try again.. may have been Joshua's site was down.. it's working now.. :)

milesd

Posted Today, 06:45 AM

I want to clarify when I said "hooking you up". I merely meant that because you were allowing him to use this review in his e-mail, not as a payment for doing the review. I'm sorry if that came across, I was just trying to make a joke.

No worries.. :)

It did actually come across as a joke but some are always looking to troll... and take advantage whenever they can..'

"No big".. :lol:

I have merged all the separate reviews of this watch onto this thread .. long read for anyone that hasn't gotten to it yet..

AC/Lani

i was wondering if there was an option with the swiss movt? cause the watch is perfect but the movt is far from perfect!!! looking to pick this watch up...rather pay alittle extra to get if perfect!

it depends on what your goal is.... if your goal is for the movement to keep good time .. it has for me, for over a week now.. no adjustment has been necessary.. it keeps time with all my genuine.. and my eta's that have been serviced up North..

If your goal is to have a perfect movement .. I dunno if the genuine movement would fit, or if you could source one for that matter.

If you are referring to an eta movement .. I'm sure a dealer could accommodate your request..

I don't know if the other models are using the 316f steel which makes this one the best out .. IMHO....

if you want to buy it and source an eta movement to swap.. I'm sure you can do that..

This is the crux of our hobby.. B)

AC/Lani

i was wondering if there was an option with the swiss movt? cause the watch is perfect but the movt is far from perfect!!! looking to pick this watch up...rather pay alittle extra to get if perfect!

:unsure:

http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=5590

Ali,

try again.. may have been Joshua's site was down.. it's working now.. :)

Thanks Lani it's working now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No worries.. :)

It did actually come across as a joke but some are always looking to troll... and take advantage whenever they can..'

"No big".. :lol:

I have merged all the separate reviews of this watch onto this thread .. long read for anyone that hasn't gotten to it yet..

AC/Lani

I think that this 316F steel is more marketing. This look is probably achieved by different finish...

Nope. :rolleyes: I've got two GMTs - The one in 316F is different in every way Lani describes. Much much brighter when compared and closer if not spot on the real thing. :good:

I haven't got the photo skills or equipment to show but there is a remarkable difference in appearance.

I just pulled the trigger on another DSSD because of this brilliant review. :p