When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black & White.. 233 & 188..

elisiX

Hey all...

Well finally got this 188 finished and I took a couple quick pictures this afternoon. Similar in spec to my old 188 which I sold some time back (which was subsequently stolen!). It took forever to get everything together for this in the past few months but I was lucky enough to have a 2nd Lello DW from when I bought my first 188 and an OEM crown. Old case, old dial and no AR on the crystal - this is a very rare and special 188 breathing via an ETA7753.

Anyway - enjoy.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Yeah you got me there. It's the movement that has me interested - but then I should go for a Big Ingeniur so I can really appreciate it.

Actually it looks like the 233 is being traded against a 2 month old 312 with heaps of cash difference.

Then the 312 is going to another friend in Feb who is saving the cash to buy it (so I will be minding it).

Ill then have all my money back and will decide what to do next. In the meantime, the Vac BP which is so accurate will keep me happy.

I say keep the 233K if you dont need the cash. We wont know what's truly favored until the L series comes out with the am/pm indicator. I remember when you received the 233 earlier this year....... I am still envious. Then again, the 312 will hold you over for a bit ;)

Well the thing is mate that I bought the watch when the AUD was 70c to the USD. Its now up around 92c and the offer I have will get me 95% of my money back which wont come along again until the AUD drops significantly against the USD. Economists are predicting that the AUD may exceed the USD in 2010 for a small period of time. I'm basically getting out while I can and going to put the money into something more productive (property). Ill pick up another Gen though - dont worry about that. lol. Ill have the 312 for a few months in between while I decide before passing that on to another friend.

I'm basically getting out while I can and going to put the money into something more productive (property).

Do I hear wedding bells soon :whistling: :whistling:

I'd fly down with Mrs. CC if I get an invite ;) How's J?

Btw, I read this earlier this morning.

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/108274/study-australians-have-the-worlds-biggest-homes