When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bk/WM9 LV arrived - with pics

eagle_lex

I posted this on RG yesterday and thought you all might be interested in seeing it as well. Enjoy!

ok first and foremost im no review expert. this is rough and quick and i had to take the pics inside as its 33 and rainy out. but i think most of you will appreciate. i am going to be brutely honest (pluses and minues) so hope that doesnt offend.

these are only initial thoughts as i have only had this for less than an hour.

process: while long... BK has been great with information as he gets it. i felt comfort in knowing he would be hand assembling my watch and IF i had any issues i know he will address them in a timely fashion.

shipping: Bk shipped the package priority mail in an envelope, a cardboard envelope, then bubble wrapped, and finally coverd in plastic wrap. the watch was in perfect condition upon arrival. Bk pmed me with a tracking number.

first feel/thoughts:

Dial: very sharp and very accurate. Z serial number so no rolex rehaut. maxi dial super lumed and torch like. date function clicks with authority and the numbers are all centered nicely. big plus here!

Crystal: is ALMOST seated perfect maybe off a mm low as compared to the 10 year old no date (bare in mind maybe the newer subs sit lower than my 10 year old model). the cyclops is perfect and super clear. i almost wonder if it has AR. probably not but its that clear. EDIT- Bk comments on this below. apparently the newer subs sit at this height. so it is perfect just different than my older sub.

Crown: about 90 percent. a little "gritty" towards the end of screw down but most importantly its not wobbly and its centered true to gen unlike the noobs.

Bezel: probaby my favorite next to the dial in accuracy. its super stiff at first just like my gens were and the clicks are tight and firm. very gen like. i will give this a 98 percent at least. color seems to be very accurate. but as you know you can look at 10 gen LVs and see 10 different colors depending on light reflection.

Bracelet: one word... STIFF. the color is better than a noob and only slightly off that of my gen no date. finish of the sides of the links is alot more rough than gen not a big fan of that. the bracelet had to be sized down one link and that was no problem. the screw came out easily and everything tightened back down fine. i know some have commented negatively in reference to the endlink fitment. mine is dead on to my eyes and i have no complaints about the endlinks.

Buckle: while stiff it looks great to me. polished nicely on the ends and brushed nicely on the top. the diver's extension actually works gen like and latches back nicely with no issues of coming undone.

so far im pleased however i feel the braclet feel is the only drawback. its stiff and binds on occasson but it might loosen up. i have it sitting on paper towels right now as i sprayed it down with teflon lubricant. lets see if that and some wear will loosen it up. it just doesnt have the "silky" gen feel. if you had or have a gen you will know what i mean by silky.

so remembering this is a 500 dollar rep lets reflect.

the watch dial and bezel is the best you will find on a sub rep IMO. especially the bezel and its action. the crown is where its supposed to be which is what i hated about my noob. well that and the crappy bezel action. so all pluses so far. of course Bk is a dream to work with so no issues there. the draw back to this is the bracelet in my opinion. but remeber IF you can find a gen bracelet it will be almost triple what we payed for these complete watches.

i will attach these pics. they suck but at least i tried my best in a timely fashion. pm me or post if you have any questions or comments. in closing i want to say THANK YOU to Bk for all his assistance during this process. I am very happy with the watch!

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

Edited by eagle_lex

The bezel is not the problem, the crown guard recess is a little to deep and causes the crown to screw up too close to the bezel. It is slightly better on the Black V2 Sub case but not quite 100%. This is the only flaw in my opinion now but not a big issue for me on mine.

The bezel is not the problem, the crown guard recess is a little to deep and causes the crown to screw up too close to the bezel. It is slightly better on the Black V2 Sub case but not quite 100%. This is the only flaw in my opinion now but not a big issue for me on mine.

i agree with you on this.

and thanks for all the positive feedback! i truely appreciate it. im not here much usually on RG for some reason....

but i wanted to share this with you guys as its an unbiased review. i dont mind flipping if im not happy. probably keeping this one at least till my SD arrives...

bezel it seems in the a bit big diameter and it strongly considerably and is evident, the crown touches bazel....... These small lacks strongly spoil a fine thing...... <_<:nea::(

No it's not big. First gen insert just snaps in. Second I just measured the outside diameter to be 39.90mm.

Is gen supposed to be exactly 40mm or it's 39.something?

-bk

BK, Mates!

excuse me, my question is a little of topic:

your watches are highly recommended by the board members. As my interests are going into the Rlx/Sub direction and as i am located in the EU, i would like to purchase your LV or the classic Submariner - but unfortunatly there is the f***ing customs issue...

Ideas for us guys (and girls) in the EU how to own such a beauty without the risk of loss?

You can't buy this BK/WM9 stuff here in the EU

Any Forwarders here?

Sorry for being OT!

Best, J

BK, Mates!

excuse me, my question is a little of topic:

your watches are highly recommended by the board members. As my interests are going into the Rlx/Sub direction and as i am located in the EU, i would like to purchase your LV or the classic Submariner - but unfortunatly there is the f***ing customs issue...

Ideas for us guys (and girls) in the EU how to own such a beauty without the risk of loss?

You can't buy this BK/WM9 stuff here in the EU

Any Forwarders here?

Sorry for being OT!

Best, J

both BK and WM9 can route over England - don't now if you have to pay a little more -

but your safe ;)

thanks for the positive comments! a little udate for you on some things that i mentioned during the writeup.

Crown "grit" - as i suspected but failed to state... the crown must have had metal shavings on the tube or the inside of the crown from break in. after a simple dry brushing and some canned air to blow it out it is SILKY SMOOTH! almost gen like. excellent for a rep IMO.

Bracelet "stiffness" - after a clean, teflon and WD40 lube(probably both were not needed) and another clean and two days of wear the bracelet is much improved and not stiff like mentioned.

just thought i would be fair on the pluses and minuses like i originally stated.

Edited by eagle_lex

thanks for the positive comments! a little udate for you on some things that i mentioned during the writeup.

Crown "grit" - as i suspected but failed to state... the crown must have had metal shavings on the tube or the inside of the crown from break in. after a simple dry brushing and some canned air to blow it out it is SILKY SMOOTH! almost gen like. excellent for a rep IMO.

Bracelet "stiffness" - after a clean, teflon and WD40 lube(probably both were not needed) and another clean and two days of wear the bracelet is much improved and not stiff like mentioned.

just thought i would be fair on the pluses and minuses like i originally stated.

This is awesome!

Looks great!

Congrats and thanks for the pics!

I can't wait to get mine!

When did you pay for your preorder?

@joerg: I have a nice member friend here at RWG in the UK to do forwarding. So far it works great. You can use that. I want to say upfront I don't assume customs loss. It's your decision to buy or not by weighing the risk. With that said, all my watches once trapped at customs were returned to me, from Finland, Germany, Italy, all came back. I guess they wanted taxes/duties. When the recipients refused delivery, the watches got returned to the sender. Don't think it's the rule. I just provide my experience for your risk assessment. I'm a low volume seller. I can't stand to lose a watch as much as you.

-bk

@cht

im not exactly sure... (forgot) but im thinking it was in feb. i know it was the first day Bk announced it as an offering. i always liked the LV but i originally put a deposit on a SD. if i remember correctly about a month after the SD announcement and my deposit BK announced the LV. so i was screwed or blessed either way as i HAD to order the LV now because i knew BK wouldnt offer anything but the best. man was i correct. this thing is great!

now if i can just hold out for the SD to arrive. if BK and WM9 offer the GMTIIc with a real gmt movement im a sucka for that one too! do you think Bk will offer me a group discount for buying three? ha ha

@cht

im not exactly sure... (forgot) but im thinking it was in feb. i know it was the first day Bk announced it as an offering. i always liked the LV but i originally put a deposit on a SD. if i remember correctly about a month after the SD announcement and my deposit BK announced the LV. so i was screwed or blessed either way as i HAD to order the LV now because i knew BK wouldnt offer anything but the best. man was i correct. this thing is great!

You lucky devil!

I just checked my pm and made payment on January 15th 2009, so I hope I'm soon on the list.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

hey, throw up some wristies when you get a chance!

Edited by cht