When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 177 - this just in!...

hackR

as requested...comments/suggestions welcome...it's not perfect - yet - but it sure looks good to me!... :good:

i know that double AR is not gen-like-stock for PAMs...but i have to tell ya, chief's AR with a LH dial is really a sharp look...this is my second LH dial PAM - the first being the 219 destro from vlydog...that dial definitely had more "sheen" then this one...this one has a really nice texture highlighted by lack of crystal...

@Ronin --> me too...but this is a better work avatar... :whistling:

@D --> went solo, bud!...proud of me?!... ;)

pam177caseback1.jpg

pam177caseback2.jpg

pam177side2.jpg

pam177side1.jpg

pam1775.jpg

You may want to order a proper "H" series display back from DSN, and see if there is anyway of removing the engraved (etched?) numbers on the lug corners, as they are all wrong for a 177.

As mentioned, you could also get the blue "OFFICINE PANERAI" decal from Francisco. Which reminds me, I finally got a clear decal sheet, so I'll probably run one off to see how my laser prints.

Also, I see from one of the profile pics above, that your bezel has a "lip" on it - any idea which case that is?

That LH dial really pops out! :clapping: And the Ti Case and CG is very good to, is this a simple cartel case set? Or an EL or JF, etc?

Very nice watch!!!

Not to thread crap. I think its a good build with some flaws, but how is that CG very good? Maybe I'm just anal about this and I apologise to all.

A 177H should feature the thick styled CGs as per the 111H-K series & Pre-V. So to be accurate, it has to be of the shape of a V, LH or Gen CG, i.e. very much thicker, curved upper portion, and viewed from the front, a sloping downwards angle. There is no single rep Ti CG that has that. Only the currently under production Toro Bravo ones are slated to come closer to that ideal (though still not perfect)

1086972570992_vista_2.jpg

Not to thread crap. I think its a good build with some flaws, but how is that CG very good? Maybe I'm just anal about this and I apologise to all.

A 177H should feature the thick styled CGs as per the 111H-K series & Pre-V. So to be accurate, it has to be of the shape of a V, LH or Gen CG, i.e. very much thicker, curved upper portion, and viewed from the front, a sloping downwards angle. There is no single rep Ti CG that has that. Only the currently under production Toro Bravo ones are slated to come closer to that ideal (though still not perfect)

Guys - i just shared a good LOOKING watch...and never insinuated it was replimaniacal perfect...the ti case/LH dial/vaclume/chief's stealth crystal/gen crown and a pretty nice looking CG (IMO!) makes the look...i don't expect anyone to notice the CG is 1.511mm thinner than the gen... :bangin:

As for the CG, it is not as thick as the gen...however, it does have a "(slightly) curved upper portion, and viewed from the front, a (slightly)sloping downwards angle"...

@drulee -> actually no idea on the origin of the case - perhaps others could weigh in...the lug "markings" are etched, i believe...i'll have to check into that...

to all --> thanks for looking... :drinks:

R-

hackR, agreed, its a lovely piece, I was more directing it at the two posts above Docs, I guess most who know me, know my pursuit of accuracy, so rather than get the wrong impression out, I'd correct it first :)

Again, its a lovely piece and I do think you'll be wearing it well! Apologies again if I stepped on your toes

hackR, agreed, its a lovely piece, I was more directing it at the two posts above Docs, I guess most who know me, know my pursuit of accuracy, so rather than get the wrong impression out, I'd correct it first :)

Again, its a lovely piece and I do think you'll be wearing it well! Apologies again if I stepped on your toes

thanks unreg!...no worries...i just love a chance to use the word "replimaniacal", ya know?!... :drinks:

all's good... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

R-