When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A message from Hawaii

lanikai

Members here have graciously given their support and kind words to myself and Omni..

Here >2009 Hawaiian 'Membrane' of the Year

However......

It did not take much thought ..

the "Mana" we share in the Islands makes us what we are.. Omni..Palani ,.. myself,.. and others who started me here,..and some that log in on occasion.

We are all united and as ONE.. there is no second place nor first .. I look at Omni as my Kupuna "Elder" and Palani as another kindred spirit.

"Mana" .... here is the English definitional of the word.. it holds much more meaning when used in the context of Hawaii (for me)

In Polynesian culture (for example, Hawaiian and Māori), mana is a spiritual quality considered to have supernatural origin

Here is one of my many Faves from Bruddah IZ.. he felt most free in the water where his body was not a burden to him.. we all miss him but his Love lives on through his music....

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Hope you enjoy some of the images of Our `Aina..

Look at the Joy on the Kupuna's faces and it tells of the Love here...this ones for you ma bruddah... Omni..

I need to add one more Song by Bruddah IZ from another dear to our hearts.. the Divine Ms.M

I tear up at times because this is the song that my Brother and I are linked to.. he is younger and always thaought he had to stand up to sports accomplishments as h,is "Older Brother".. and I told him later that he surpassed me in all aspects, and it is I that look up to him..

This is for Kamalani.. my Love to You, my Brother..

Lani, you being born & raised here, it is obvious to all, you personify the Aloha Spirit. I'm lucky to live Hawaii and help you show what the people here are all about. There is no other place like it in the world. Thanks for the shared good thoughts today. :victory:

Sweet words and heart felt.

Your a good guy Lani, thanks for all your hard work and the kindred spirit you try to enstill in us all here.

I wish you well throughout this festive season and the year to come.

All the best

Be lucky mate

Lani, you being born & raised here, it is obvious to all, you personify the Aloha Spirit. I'm lucky to live Hawaii and help you show what the people here are all about. There is no other place like it in the world. Thanks for the shared good thoughts today. :victory:

no matter born in the Hawaiian Islands or not.. Omni you are part:.. Na Kua `Aina.. living the Hawaiian culture.. you are as much apart of the `Aina.. (land) as I or anyone else here..

My prayer to you Omni... Live Strong...... Live Strong

AC/R

Much Mana Loa to you and Omni Lani!!

You know you have been an inspiration to me over the last year when things weren't so good for me and, I'd like to think, the other way around when you had one of your darker times!

I do love talking about and reading about Polynesian culture. Being a huge fan of body art and body modification in general, I have delved into the whats and whys of the culture. Everyone, I feel, should at some point in their life try and look into this and most Aboriginal cultures. They truely know what the wind whispers, what the waves say and wha Mother Earth really meant!!

I wish you, your loved ones and all the best of the Christmas period!

Sixx :bones:

Lani

Your words are truly words to live by. It is so sad and unfortunate that we don't embrace the words and cultures of old, be they Hawaiian, Navaho, early Christian, they are pretty much the same story, respect your fellow man, be honest, be at peace with yourself, and most of all have faith in a higher deity, no matter what you call it/him/her.

You are truly and asset to this community, and I'm sure to your local community as well. I wish you well my brother and may your days be happy and filled with joy during this holiday season and throughout the coming year.

Arthur

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

William Penn

Edit to Add:.. so True Arthur.. no matter who we talk to above.. it all goes tot the same address.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

R,

Happy Holidays and thank you for being the "spirit" of this forum and making the place to gather about watches!

All the best to you and your family!

-S

Thank you S.... "We" are the spirit.. you influenced my vintage collection alot!!

you must be busy with the Holidays S.. you are obviously missed when your not here :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@Waipio.. the golf course in Waipio is alive and well my friend :lol: .. Dang that 9th hole..