When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

See-through casebacks with custom serial?

Whatever123

Hi!

Is anyone out there doing custom see-through casebacks for PAMs? I just bought a highly modded 111h and about the only thing that's nagging me ist the serial on the caseback... why on earth do they all have number "0035/2000"? :bangin: Are there any H-series casebacks with a different serial on the market? Best thing of course would be if someone does custom jobs... I am sure a lot of members are interested.

Cheers

Whatever123

Jakobh on RG is doing custom solid casebacks and only for a limited range of casebacks. Mainly Pre-V 201A/202A/203A etc and some Pre-A, A & B series as well.

As for custom display casebacks, I know of no one doing custom.

The ones that are out there that I know of for Luminor Marina watches;

E series : E0053/3500 (DSN) or E208P/4000 (Angus Ultimate)

F series : F2052/4000 (Cartel)

H series : H0035/2000 (Cartel&DSN)

I series : I2165/2500 (LH)

LH doesn't sell his caseback alone though

Cause everything else on it is damn near perfect ;)

His CG is gorgeous for a A-F series CG. The crown is nice and thick with the right amount of bevel. The dial (well there were two versions), the earlier fatter number version was extremely accurate. And the AR is suprisingly light and close to the gen with a mild purple hue of an F series I saw recently. Plus, the movement is one of the better finished ones I've handled. Mainly though, its the crown and CG that make the Angus Ultimate 111E very much sought after, especially if its lumed and with the correct caseback :)

Saw one on RG sell for $500 without even the correct caseback about a month ago...