When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM ? from Hong Kong

tmfj

hi all,

found this during my trip via Hong Kong.

Perfect quality, automatic, 12 sec/day thrift. That's not that bad for € 85,- :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Asian watches do have very short straps. So I replaced it with a fine BOB strap.

The back has the usual engraving, top down

LAUREUS AWARD OFFICINE PANERAI Firenze 1860 AUTOMATIC OP6561 BB 118970 G 002/500 MAY 2006

What makes me wonder is the position of the seconds handle - it is not at the 9 position (???)

Any comments please?

image.png

post-25402-126252033673_thumb.jpg

Edited by tmfj

Apart from the obvious problem of the sub dial, I understood the Laureus Sports Awards watches to be only Regattas and upto 2004. As it a yachting thing I guess also it changed then to Yacht classic Challenge

Heres a link to the Monte Carlo watches

http://www.clubpanerai.com/index.asp?notizia=1287&codice=1

Hate to rain on your parade but this is a fantasy model.

Use the search button and find a decent rep from the trusted dealers here.

For UDS100 to 150, you'll find better deal like PAM111H (handwind). As for auto pam reps, be prepare to pay more.

Hope this helps

Just when you thought you got a good deal. doh!

I don't mind :whistling:

the watch looks nice, shows the time, I would call it a 'semi-rep' (better than semi-erotic)

and was not expensive at all. Another Panerai (real) rep has been ordered, will see...

You must have looked like a tourist to the seller. :) ...

Oh yes, I was one :rolleyes: accompanied by my wife, who told me, we should 'run away'!

It was the first time that I did buy such things on the street. We discussed on the street and finally

went into a house, up several floors, into a tiny little room with many watches. There we negotiated

for a while and I bought it.

Later on I found this forum, now another PAM from ET is on its way. I consider also to buy an 45mm

Planet Ocean from this or maybe from an other dealer. Will see, how I decide :victory:

Edited by tmfj