When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you have seen this?

Ronin

Red Sea Dweller is just so "over the edge" though... maybe they'll rep the white versions later.

I'm with By-Tor, the DRS is a raaaaaare watch. Not many around, and not the sort of watch anyone would wear on a daily or regular basis. Heck, I would bet 99% of the collectible quality DRSD's never see the light of day, except to come out of the safe or Safety deposit box occasionally to be "Fondled" by their owners.It sure isn't the watch some 30 something guy would wear to the beach or out having a few beers with his friends.in fact this 60 something probably wouldn't wear mine out very much if I was lucky enough to have one. Just too valuable, and on top of that good condition genuine parts are becoming harder and harder to source.

I am curious to here Freddy333 chime in on this as his "Beater" DRSD seems to see a lot of daylight. Wonder what, if any, attention he has ever received while wearing it.

Personally, if I were wealthy and fortunate enough for a DRSD, I would wear it out and about. I probably wouldn't dive with it, but I would definitely wear it out to dinner.

I am curious to here Freddy333 chime in on this as his "Beater" DRSD seems to see a lot of daylight. Wonder what, if any, attention he has ever received while wearing it.

Personally, if I were wealthy and fortunate enough for a DRSD, I would wear it out and about. I probably wouldn't dive with it, but I would definitely wear it out to dinner.

I would sure wear mine out to dinner and to parties, etc. but I sure as heck wouldn't be wearing it out in the yard cutting grass, weed eating or cutting firewood!!

Arthur

I think you would be surprised how many Vintage Rolex collectors wear their Red Subs and Seadwellers . I would like to see a good 1675 , the mid 70`s watch would be the best to make , matt dial . Either that or an early 60`s pointed guards with chapter ring guilt dial and bleached pepsi bezel, now theres a thought...

TomH

I saw a thread at RG that gave a simple way to age the dials. Basically hang the dial upside down (face down) and blow cigar smoke up onto it....showed pics and all...looked great (I will try and find the thread).

I like the look of these but I'm always worried that the dial markings look too new.

Is there an easy way to age them that won't require super-technical skills? lol

Or some way to buy an aged dial version out of the box?

I saw a thread at RG that gave a simple way to age the dials. Basically hang the dial upside down (face down) and blow cigar smoke up onto it....showed pics and all...looked great (I will try and find the thread).

Cool, thank you very much :)