When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1680 just back from the far North

panerai153

I just got my 1680 back from The Zigmeister today. it's and old case MBW (Orig polex 5513) that I bought from another member who had done some mods, but really wasn't finished.

Here's what's been done so far.

Mods done:

1.case refinished for rounder edges, profile and repolished;

2. lug holes drilled; The Zigmeister chamfered outside to match original

3.crown guards filed;

4.genuine older style 7mm crown and tube installed;

5.genuine tropic 127 installed; Has a few scuffs and scratches, but that's what gives a tool watch its character

6.geniuine insert installed, pearl realigned by The Zigmeister

7.aftermarket bracelet stamped 93150, endlinks stamped 455B and aftermarket thick 20mm springbars.

8.ETA 2846 Slow beat movement installed by The Zigmeister

9.Dial and hands relumed to a lovely cream color by The Zigmeister

Next will be a better bracelet, 580 end links and genuine springbars. Eventually maybe a genuine 93150 bracelet

I took a couple of down and dirty photos this afternoon, not too good but you can see the watch.I'll try to take a few more good ones and post later. As ususal The Zigmeister did a wonderful job of modding my watch. I had a MBW White dial several years ago, but sold it. I regretted that sale almost from the day I sold the watch. Finally found another one

IMG_6085a.jpg

IMG_6090a.jpg

IMG_6084a.jpg

Rolex1680c.jpg

Thanks a lot guys i really appreciate your accolades!! Thank The Zigmeister for his beautiful work. eddog for the genuine bezel insert. I am definitely going on Ebay right now to order the 580 end links. I just got a PM from ETZ that said their 93150 bracelet will only accept 1.6mm springbars, but the bracelet ends could be drilled out. I'm probably going to pick up one of those and drill out the ends to 2mm.

Anyone else think of anything else that needs to be done to this old girl?

Thanks

Arthur