When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbranded replicas

qwerty4

This is a great thread for links to unbranded stuff, thank you :)

I'm keen on unbranded stuff too - those not in the know won't bother you about "is that real?" questions on watches that would otherwise have recognisable brand names, whereas those into watches will recognise the design and may be interested in finding out more, or may be puzzled as to whether it is real and you've had it customised, or something else!

• Like 1

+1 on the wouldn't buy an Invicta. I'm not quite sure why but I love these sterile dials. http://www.dajiwatch.com/Product_Show.asp?ArticleID=249 That looks awesome and is roughly half the price for the same watch offered from our dealers. I'm surprised there are as many "homages" available as there is but I just wish the higher dollar reps would follow. The design of watches today is usually so busy that removing a name would hardly be noticeable. Take this watch for example http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=5773 Removing the Breitling and moving the chronometre certifie upwards would be unnoticeable to the majority of people.

I quite agree, that would definitely look much better as a sterilized watch :) I think the thing to remember, is the target market for such watches. It's not necessarily the collectors who appreciate a watch wether it's gen, rep or a franken build, but Joe Sixpacks who just want to wear a 'Rolex' to impress the skanks in the bar... If that's what they want, said watch will probably be sufficient (until they eventually get called out) but, the majority of members here, are genuinely watch enthusiasts, and more knowledgeable of the subject than members of the gen forums, who can be just downright snooty about what their purchases cost them... I'm 31, and a self-employed art consultant. Could I afford to be wearing a 54 year old Submariner? Inherited, but probably not purchased... Could I afford to be wearing a Daytona? Absolutely no way. That said, most of the people I associate with (friends of my wife) don't know the first thing about watches, so don't know the costs, so there's no issue. Last weekend, one friend asked if the Sub I was wearing was the one I'd built myself, and when I confirmed it was, he was suitably impressed with it 'as a watch', not because of what I'd built it to look like :)

If you took any of my reps and removed the "breitling/Omega/etc" name from it, I wouldn't like it as much. I might be a label [censored], but at least i'm honest. If I liked a watch that had a non recognizeable name, I would wear it too though.

If someone asks me about my watch, I tell them its a rep. Still, we are passing them off as gen to every other person that never asked and just saw it in passing. I'm wearing a Casio right now though, so theres no point in trying to make sense of nonsense.

Its a big ole case TJ, if i wasn't already working on a beast then i would be interested in this

It looks like beefy case, I really liked the Tudor 'prototypes' but I think one of the key components/features, was the end link covers which appeared to act as a ratcheting system for the bezel :) If the price on that wasn't so bad, I'd've been tempted to have bought one as a case donor for a partial project, but not at that cost :lol:

Picked this one up long before any rep in my collection. Still in my regular rotation.

I know I have seen this watch somewhere but cant place it??

Was it on another forum?

@Hike - You should sell me that first one mate it looks burnt !!! :whistling: