When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picture Review - TH Grand Carrera Calibre 36

AmStaFF

Hi all,

my Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 arrived me this week, i bought this from PT, and let me say Thanks PT for another great deal :good:

This is the first version of the Calibre36 rep and i am surprised by the quality of the watch, i have a little gen feeling :)

All pushers and crowns working well and the chrono hands reset perfectly to zero.

THE CASE

- the Case is brushed and has polish edges as per the gen

- dimensions are 43,5 x 19,5 (the first and the biggest flaw of the rep is the height the gen is only 14,5)

- Crowns and Pusher looks good and works well

- Case back with solid engravings as per the gen

THE DIAL

- the dial is very detailed and it looks awesome

- only the very deep sunken date windows looks bad

- i think not all dial fonts are 100% right

THE BRACELET

- quality is good but i think the edges are to sharp

- Clasp works perfect

i hope my english is not to bad here are the pics

calibre36_0uwb6.jpg

calibre36_1fjpo.jpg

calibre36_20884.jpg

calibre36_3cvb1.jpg

calibre36_4ak68.jpg

calibre36_6dvcr.jpg

calibre36_5uwlr.jpg

enjoy

• Like 1

I'm also a fan of this watch but i'm not gonna buy it for 2 reasons:

- too busy dial, i have the feeling sometimes it's not that easy to read

- too thick for my wrist, it looks like a tank

Such a pity for me since i love that case and the dial and bracelet look top notch as well

Wear it well!!

Nice watch, I just ordered one a hour ago. But I didn't notice that the thickness is not the same! After a small research I know now that the calibre 36 is based on the El Primero movement, and it has 30000bph. The subdial measures 1/10 sec, I think that would not be possible on the 7750 based movement of the rep... :D

Now I regret my order...but it's still a nice watch!

Nice watch, I just ordered one a hour ago. But I didn't notice that the thickness is not the same! After a small research I know now that the calibre 36 is based on the El Primero movement, and it has 30000bph. The subdial measures 1/10 sec, I think that would not be possible on the 7750 based movement of the rep... :D

Now I regret my order...but it's still a nice watch!

The measures of 1/10 isn't made by any subdial, but by using the scale tool in the main dial controlled by 10 o'clock pusher. Being 28.800vph and no 36.000 like the El primeiro, probably the measurement will not be perfect, but if u really wanna such precision, some citizen and casio will do the job better. B)

BTW, is the power reserve working or is it faux?

the subdial @ 9 o'clock looking like power reserve is the seconds hand. there's no power reserve in this watch.

hope this help :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It is indeed one of the coolest and most fancy looking watch I ever owned but the thickness is really disturbing as it looks bulky and din't really fit well on my wrist.

I really like the reflection on the triangle and the calibrated chronograph scale actually works.

• 10 months later...

Excellent shots! This model is probably the king of all Tags.

Does anyone know if the thickness has been improved to be closer to the gen since the OP posted this thread (almost 2 years ago)?

Also, does the gen also have double-coated AR?

yes, gen. has double ar ,the gen thickness is 15.75 and rep is 16.5 so it's realy not that much thicker