When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Raffle Controversy at RWI?

lanikai

I thought I would ask the powers that be...

We've all heard the tech issues that is plaguing all the fora's servers as of late.. (at least thankfully we "RWG") stay open..

but back on point.. RWI seems to have exploded.. and to the members that have taken shelter here.. you have my empathy, although you are more than welcome to make yourselves at home.. I know there is really no place like Home.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

with that said.. I have heard numerous times through the pineapple wireless that there was a huge controversy over the funds for the raffles being mismanaged .. that really blew me away.. as far as raffles go.. we use 100% of the monies donated to ticket sales for our monthly usage.. which is quite costly given out offshore servers and security measures.. a good example of why we can be here for other fora's to gather in times when there homes are offline.

But I like to always give people the benefit of the doubt.. and these are some serious allegations.. "Money from raffles were being used for someones personal gain".. is the message I got from several sources... who for obvious reasons asked to remain anonymous..

In other words .. to be blunt the money was being pocketed and the forum was "blown up" in a argument over these monies...

and I have no definitive proof myself.. so it would behoove me not to ask the parties involved to at least grace us with an explanation.. since rumors can turn into monsters given time..

I hear accusations leveled mainly at LOS.. can LOS.. explain what if anything happened??

Or can D4 explain.

I am not calling anyone out.. but as the Raffle Meister "here" and one that holds these raffles and the members funds in the highest regards.. I would like to bring it out in the open.. because if there is one thing that I hold sacred, and for lack of a better word "HOLY" are these raffles,and the monies and how they are used in the highest regard.. a lot of times I donate the watches from my own collection.. run Genuine raffles only when they are a win-win for the forum as a whole.. meaning the membership first and foremost... ergo my posting this thread.. not to target anyone..because without these raffles we could not be here for all who need a place to gather not only for our home members .. but for anyone who wishes to..

So if the main players would like to clear this up.. for all the fora's please do so here.. and if we can keep the post civil it would benefit all of us that hold these Fora's so close to our daily lives..

With Respect..

AC/Lani

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lani

Hadnt heard that myself. I have a ticket which I purchased before crimbo for a raffle so I for one would like to hear from LoS the full facts especially if this issue has created a forum implosion.

Hopefully we will see RWI return

I got tons of emails from RWI for raffles.. seems that other fora's have raffles going on 24/7.. we run ours when our server usage is in need of replenishment.. not to stock pile funds.. this has always been my goal and I believe I can say I am on the same page as our Admin. .. so I think it fair to ask for some clarity as more than one source has pm'd me with inquiries to raffle money.. and inquiries to other Fora's which I am not in anyways in a position to answer.

We are as transparent as clean water when it comes to these raffles..

Dont doubt it mate.

But just seems a shame to do that to a decent forum with good members. Not sure what we are talking about here financially but I assume Memberships donation are also under scrutiny or just raffle money?

Of course I assume your comments have more founding than you are willing to commit to in type. I know R you can be one for 'read between the lines' posts!! :p

Thanks Lani for bringing this up.

A lot of members bought tickets in the last raffle which was at RWI. Members buy these tickets to win the watch and support the forum.

Shortly after the raffle started it was asked here on RWG that the watch is only about 4 k USD incl the DLC and people did aks what would

happen to the 2k profit done with this watch. This thread was removed from the admins a few hours later.

Now the raffle is over, LoS left, we do not get any answers on that. There was a post on RG asking the same question, I copied it because

I would like to find out about it too. Now this post got also deleted by the Admins from RG, so what is going on? I am a long term member

on RWI and I personally know some guys from here. So I really appreciate that this is a topic here since RWI is still down. Here is the post

which was deleted in RG

Originally Posted by Legendofspeed

I think you should concentrate more on this one... well.... like 75% here and 25% at RWG.... those guys know their stuff...

Dont doubt it mate.

But just seems a shame to do that to a decent forum with good members. Not sure what we are talking about here financially but I assume Memberships donation are also under scrutiny or just raffle money?

Of course I assume your comments have more founding than you are willing to commit to in type. I know R you can be one for 'read between the lines' posts!! :p

to be fair.. "Benefit of the doubt" is automatic and not just a thought... but if silence is the norm when these things happen then what are we to think or "assume".. since the Admin Team from each fora should be held accountable, we are "Un-sponsored" unlike the gen fora's who have sponsors to keep them going.. and never come under cyber attack, we depend on monies from the membership to keep us online .. this is the price we pay for being here.. and if that trust is broken .... someone needs to be held responsible and step up to the plate not just for one fora but for all..

I have been in a dilemma, since this happened .. trying to justify raising the issue.. and I do this as much for Us as anyone else..

Thanks Lani for bringing this up.

A lot of members bought tickets in the last raffle which was at RWI. Members buy these tickets to win the watch and support the forum.

Shortly after the raffle started it was asked here on RWG that the watch is only about 4 k USD incl the DLC and people did aks what would

happen to the 2k profit done with this watch. This thread was removed from the admins a few hours later.

Now the raffle is over, LoS left, we do not get any answers on that. There was a post on RG asking the same question, I copied it because

I would like to find out about it too. Now this post got also deleted by the Admins from RG, so what is going on? I am a long term member

on RWI and I personally know some guys from here. So I really appreciate that this is a topic here since RWI is still down. Here is the post

which was deleted in RG

I think as always, we need to hear both sides of the story.

Thanks for starting this topic. I would have done it on RWI but it is still down.

What you will find on RWG is the latitude given by the Admin team for members to express their views,.. as long .. IMO .. as it doesn't get nasty you won't find inquiries like this ever being deleted.. I know for a fact that the Admin and the Admin team here never have anything to hide from the membership when it comes to raffles and monies....

I think everything will pan out in the end and RWI will be up and running soon.. I will give my last rep to keep this place afloat..and others feel the same.. so I think it only fair to ask the question.. from all parties..

Naturally I agree with the benefit always being given and until I hear otherwise I assume its just a matter that needs 'nipping in the bud' before the rumours escalate.

So I look forward to being given the current position.

And I totally agree it affects us all directly or indirectly. I understand your dilemma but you can only do want you think is right and if you can hold your hand on your heart and say it was for good reason then who can badly judge you. Your own record and character is unblemished on here and for that reason I do not doubt your motives mate.

So maybe it was with heavy heart but your actions are plaudible and reasonable

Thank you Pete.. but we are all in the same boat so to speak.. and if monies were misused or .. someone was "misunderstood" then we as a community need to clarify what if anything transpired.. these occurrences can happen given Human nature.. but all of us need to know what happened..and not be treated as children.. so no one gets "hurt"..

the membership makes a "community" what it is.. and a lot of members cross over from forum to forum.. so this is something that needs to be brought up.. and in a manner where if it did happen will not affect us as a community..

We need the truth .. no matter if some think that it will hurt the standing of a forum.. if this did take place then being truthful is the only way to heal.. and believe me it has affected all of use.. one way or another..

I don't know the details and don't want to...

But my feeling is that this would be impossible if "transactions" over a certain amount were simply forbidden.

We talk about reps, this is our hobby. 1000 dollars is a lot of money. So 6000, go, figure !

I have and will never support this kind of auction, whereever it is, as noone can really control what happens with these dollars.

I'd be glad to win a 500 bucks rep after I got a 10 dollars ticket... But a 4K one and 60-80 dollars tickets ? Is that reasonable ??

BTW Lani, still waiting some news about my prize... Should it be an award... :g:

Edited by Pix

As far as I'm ever concerned on any forum if there's a raffle or donations, the proceeds should go wherever the admin wants it to go. Time is money imho. Also as long as the raffle's prize winner was legit then all is good and fine. Plus I would imagine that the raffle has to cover the price of the watch plus donate to the board. I haven't seen people complaining about mismanagement of that forum but I have seen other forums go down because someone squaked that an admin used money to fund his personal life. But I mean if you look at it one way, if an admin doesn't have a job and is running a bbs with his time, why shouldn't he be paid to do so? If it is just a hobby I guess that is another thing but there's a grey line between hobby and business when you have to put so much effort into things.

Anyway, just my opinion on how forums work. No need to take any of it as face value or about any forum in particular. The one I mentioned above has nothing to do with replica watches.

Guest techlogik

First, I find it bothersome that a mod/main person of that forum also sells watches for profit like a dealer would. Seems like a conflict of interest to me.

I've had enough PMs from people on that forum, and personal observations to put two and two together that something is amiss and wrong with how it is operated/managed.

I personally don't care one way or the other if that place blows up and never returns.

RWG then RG in that order of perference for me personally. It would be nice if people from RWI would come hang over here and up the traffic, information sharing, join and contribute!

Wishful thinking.

I don't know the details and don't want to...

But my feeling is that this would be impossible if "transactions" over a certain amount were simply forbidden.

We talk about reps, this is our hobby. 1000 dollars is a lot of money. So 6000, go, figure !

I have and will never support this kind of auction, whereever it is, as noone can really control what happens with these dollars.

I'd be glad to win a 500 bucks rep after I got a 10 dollars ticket... But a 4K one and 60-80 dollars tickets ? Is that reasonable ??

BTW Lani, still waiting some news about my prize... Should it be an award... :g:

you disappeared Pix.. the prize you are referring to was for the photo contest I believe and we are still holding the prize.. no monies were taken for that .. I just want to clarify that here.. and you can PM me with your mailing info.. like I said. you just vanished from sight.. no worries.. we did not loose your prize.. but that is for another thread or PM.. your prize is safe Pix.. :)

being that you personally don't want the details.. just abstain from this thread.. seems like a logical answer..

as I said before, we need to hear both sides of the story and not listen to any rumors.

LoS did a great job on RWI but the questions from cach123 are valid, and LoS never

answered these, he ignored them, that smells funny

Not wanting the answer doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on how to avoid this in the future. I don't want to land back on RWI with the idea that a similar story may happen again.

So as you were ready to talk about this subject (fully aware of the comments that will come), I feel I was right to express this opinion.

For my prize, I will PM you but kindly need to remind you (as we're not alone here and your answer might be misread) that I contacted you twice (once before and once after your illness >> thanks God you're safe) :) + 1 time in the thread itself. I'm a member on all boards, so I have never disappeared from the scene. If I do, I'll say goodbye for sure :rolleyes:

That said, my disappointment has vanished (although I stayed ;)) and whatever we discuss in PM, the prize (if hardware) will go for a contest when RWI's back (they'll be back). No offense I trust.

Aloha.

Well personally even if these new rumors I read about in this thread pan out, it doesn't make any difference at all to me. Reason being is that forum welcomed me in a great deal more than RWC did when I started and I'm actually glad that forum has folded. I never liked bricktop, he was an arrogant * and we used to have to weed through posts to figure out anything useful on that board back when I started. I'm glad lexxdiamondz invited me onto RWI and I saw it grow.

RWG is a great forum as well and I believe that RWI is just experiencing migration issues. These things can take more time than anticipated sometimes.

Not wanting the answer doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on how to avoid this in the future. I don't want to land back on RWI with the idea that a similar story may happen again.

So as you were ready to talk about this subject (fully aware of the comments that will come), I feel I was right to express this opinion.

For my prize, I will PM you but kindly need to remind you (as we're not alone here and your answer might be misread) that I contacted you twice (once before and once after your illness >> thanks God you're safe) :) + 1 time in the thread itself. I'm a member on all boards, so I have never disappeared from the scene. If I do, I'll say goodbye for sure :rolleyes:

That said, my disappointment has vanished (although I stayed ;)) and whatever we discuss in PM, the prize (if hardware) will go for a contest when RWI's back (they'll be back). No offense I trust.

Aloha.

No offense taken coming from you Pix.. I expect nothing less.. no excuses on my part.. the prize has been held.. cause I knew you would be around eventually.. everything I do is out in the open .... and you don't need to "remind" me of anything Pix.. as I could take that a different way than I will allow.. :)

As far as I'm ever concerned on any forum if there's a raffle or donations, the proceeds should go wherever the admin wants it to go. Time is money imho. Also as long as the raffle's prize winner was legit then all is good and fine. Plus I would imagine that the raffle has to cover the price of the watch plus donate to the board. I haven't seen people complaining about mismanagement of that forum but I have seen other forums go down because someone squaked that an admin used money to fund his personal life. But I mean if you look at it one way, if an admin doesn't have a job and is running a bbs with his time, why shouldn't he be paid to do so? If it is just a hobby I guess that is another thing but there's a grey line between hobby and business when you have to put so much effort into things.

Anyway, just my opinion on how forums work. No need to take any of it as face value or about any forum in particular. The one I mentioned above has nothing to do with replica watches.

I agree but I think the point is more that this is open and known by the members. An open book approach gives people the ability to make an informed choice

I agree but I think the point is more that this is open and known by the members. An open book approach gives people the ability to make an informed choice

I suppose so but when push goes to shove guess where the donatec money goes.. to the ISP, to Intel/AMD, to Belkin etc... and those people don't do anything for free. I think people get over consumed in free services which virtually do not exist. I have people at work expecting me to work on their computers for free or for a very low amount of money and well I just can't be bothered most of the time. I have some stuff sitting I'm just going to give back.

Edited by amptor

No one alerted me to this thread and I stumbled upon it....

The fact that I can be accused of impropriety after over 3 years as a staff member on an RWI board is precisely one of the reasons I left my position as chief admin of RWI...

Proceeds of the raffles went to RWI...it is odd to me that I held 6-7 of these raffles including one for a 005 that was not mine for about the same cost and there was no issue with that one... it did not become an issue until the watch in question was mine... I take that as a personal attack because I can't see it any other way...

As for my reasoning of leaving, I don't really feel a need to justify it, but I will tell you that it has to do with betrayal by other members of staff...

I know nothing about why RWI is down as they decided to change servers after my resignation... I ceased any relationship with D4M on the day of my resignation and have not talked to him since the morning of it...

I got a call from one of the staffmembers yesterday with regards to this yesterday... and between this and that, I am quite sad... three years of service and this is how I go out...

Just to be clear, the post on RG shown in post number 5 in this thread was NOT deleted and remains there for all to see (on page 5 of the thread). It was at one point, moved to a "parking area", where the admins and mods could discuss it, then put back a few moments later.

While not wanting to contribute to any speculation or rumors, the post seemed to raise some questions and they were asked in a respectful manner. The staff at RG decided to let it stay.

I have people at work expecting me to work on their computers for free or for a very low amount of money and well I just can't be bothered most of the time...

You mean you just ask them to switch it off and on again...!!!! ;):D

I would just like to say that LOS did donate money to RWI after the raffles. I talked with him on the phone as well as Greg. As to the amounts that were given, I won't discuss that. It's RWI business. It's Mike's raffles. He was in charge of them, He donated some of the proceeds toward RWI. If you want to know the amounts, work 80 hours/week on the forum when it's down, put in all your free time on the weekends, try to debug forum software in the middle of the night, take the risk of taxes, charge-backs, and all other hassles with being an admin and I think you will see he has done nothing wrong.

Respectfully,

R2

Edited by r2d4

No one alerted me to this thread and I stumbled upon it....

The fact that I can be accused of impropriety after over 3 years as a staff member on an RWI board is precisely one of the reasons I left my position as chief admin of RWI...

Proceeds of the raffles went to RWI...it is odd to me that I held 6-7 of these raffles including one for a 005 that was not mine for about the same cost and there was no issue with that one... it did not become an issue until the watch in question was mine... I take that as a personal attack because I can't see it any other way...

As for my reasoning of leaving, I don't really feel a need to justify it, but I will tell you that it has to do with betrayal by other members of staff...

I know nothing about why RWI is down as they decided to change servers after my resignation... I ceased any relationship with D4M on the day of my resignation and have not talked to him since the morning of it...

I got a call from one of the staffmembers yesterday with regards to this yesterday... and between this and that, I am quite sad... three years of service and this is how I go out...

LOS.. I did not post this thread to be a Jury in the public eye, but the issues can go through the grapevine and adversely affect those involved..ergo.. it may be good for all members that share fora's to hear the facts from the source and not second hand.

so thank you for posting your thought's..

I hope everything can be ironed out.. for all involved.. years of service cannot be thrown away from misunderstandings such as this one..

I hope this thread serves a purpose, to clean up the innuendos and hearsay..

AC/Lani