When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reps and how long yours have lasted?

Bluray

My sosf asian I had for 2 years and it was still in perfect condition the day i sold it 2 months ago. But then again, I didn't wear the watch aas often as you wore your sub, but I still clean and wipe my watches at least once or twice a week. With good care the watch can last forever. Have you ever had your watch serviced? What movement do you have? If the crystal fell out that sounds kinda strange. Did you simply pop the crystal back in yourself using hands? A crystal press would be needed to seat it perfectly and securely to the case again.

Why wouldn't the ETA-powered reps last? If they get serviced they will last a lifetime.

The new Asian 7750 seems to be a very good and reliable movement as well. My oldest A7750-rep is now 4+ years and working perfectly.

My sosf asian I had for 2 years and it was still in perfect condition the day i sold it 2 months ago. But then again, I didn't wear the watch aas often as you wore your sub, but I still clean and wipe my watches at least once or twice a week. With good care the watch can last forever. Have you ever had your watch serviced? What movement do you have? If the crystal fell out that sounds kinda strange. Did you simply pop the crystal back in yourself using hands? A crystal press would be needed to seat it perfectly and securely to the case again.

Well to be fair no I never had it serviced which is my fault but partly because the few watch shops I did asked refused to work on reps. As for the movement its Swiss Eta 2836-2 and ya the crystal just fell out one day and I got it to sit back in but probably not as secure as it should, also when setting the time the pin came straight out of the body which now takes some fiddling to get it back in to adjust the date and time. All this and not to mention the little triangle point at the 12' Oclock marker fell of as well!!! Anyhow it was the higher end sub from Josh and worked well all until the final days when it was everything just at once. I was just curious if anyone else thinks 2 years or so for a rep worn everyday is a common thing.

The majority of my reps haven't lasted more than a few days... Before being disassembled for parts that is :lol: When I buy a rep, it's typically a specific piece or item that I'm after... Usually a case. The rest is rebuilt accordingly, and usually with most of the remaining rep parts taking new residence in the parts bin :)

By-Tor is correct, however- A properly serviced and maintained ETA based watch should last a life time- A7750's too. Probably a good idea to check replace gaskets every now and then as well. But I've seen quite a few reps reaching or exceeding 10 years of ownership from members here on the forum...

Send it off to VAC or another modder.. nothing that can't be fixed. I know it sounds like your watch is done.. but most of those problems have a simple fix. Your movement probably needs a service first and foremost.. (which will take care of your crown tube issue probably as well). Then you'll need your crystal pressed properly and your gaskets and seals checked. Then it should be good as new. Francisco is doing 3 watches here in spain that i have. He's generally very reasonable and he generally won't charge over 65euros for a full service. .. although it always depends on what you want done and if any replacement is necessary.. If you were in europe i'm sure he could fix it no problem

Hi There Guys!

I have had eta 300$ plus ,reps that have fallen apart and only fit for spares after only a few months use and i have a few cheap none etas that have lasted my son now uses almost everyday my oldest rep cost 15usd over 5 years old still going strong(very well made case) and my friend george loiz as a 5 or 6 year sub rep as long as you service them they will last problems iv found is that some reps are not lubbed properly from the factory plus quality control is a bit, hit and miss

i have seen some cheap sub reps that you can use for swimming and more expensive reps subs that you cant .

on some site cant remember which, an ex comex deepsea diver who had a large and amazing gen sub collection said that he dived with a 20usd sub rep it survived a 100m dive!

My very first rep a Pam 217 lasted 5 years until it stopped.. in need of a service..it was the Russian movement..

but as a start.. I have most of my eta's and A7750's serviced from the get go and expect them to run (which they have) without issues.. without the proper servicing it's hit and miss really..

Serviced properly and they should be gtg for another 5 years.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

like all watches rep or gen 5 years should be the norm "if" serviced properly.

AC/Lani