When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA Blacksteel,gen vs rep comparison.

Dave123

Hello gents,been a while since i owned my last rep but hey,never say never i guess. :p

SA BS rep just arrived,looks great must say,thanks as always to Joshua for shipping out quality. Thought i would toss up a few gen and rep pics for you guys,hope it has not been done already.

Looking it over i'm happy with everything,yet another really good rep,datefont is good,crown stem is thick and solid.

A watch that you would have to have side by side to a gen to get called out on,none are perfect but this one is really good. :cool:

Dial and bezel look good,lume dots are great imo,AR is there with Breitling....

REP

P2110353.jpg

GEN

PB070188.jpg

The only thing i can pick at on the watch is that the bezel is not as tight as the gen,i think some on the forums have a fix for such issue though if it bugs you,do a search.

Crown and pushers look good to me,as does the kinda brushed look to whatever they use to 'Blacksteel' this watch...

REP

P2110359.jpg

GEN (outdoor lighting gives a diff. shade)

PB070196.jpg

Other side of the case,...looks good.

REP

P2110354.jpg

GEN

PB070197.jpg

Breitlings dive strap is not my fave.,thats for sure but quality wise,rep and gen are the same.

Wings logo sticks out more on the gen,only something us geeks would notice though.

REP (blotchy look you get on the gen on certain angles as well)

P2110344.jpg

GEN

PB070180.jpg

The caseback also looks good to me,i dont have a good pic of the gen so what i have will have to do...:rolleyes:

REP

P2110355.jpg

GEN

PB070150.jpg

Tried to copy wristies here...

REP

P2110347.jpg

GEN

PB070152-1.jpg

And along side some bling....:cool:

REP

P2110352.jpg

GEN

PB070155.jpg

Anyway,you guys come to your conclusions. If Blacksteel is your thing,this rep gets my thumbs up. :)

P2110349.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job Dave as always, we do like those big boys. :tu: I was waiting to see how the finish on this piece was, It looks to be very good. I wish they would make a black steel bracelet. I know that the diver and racer straps are of very good quality but I much perfer SS bracelets. This thing would look sick on a big chunky black (pvd coated) bracelet. I guess I could always try to get the standerd bracelet coated :g: