When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 253 Sapphire Crystal

plaifender

Offshore and I are trying to organize a run for sapphire crystals. He has contacts in China that could probably produce the crystals for us. We won't know anything for sure till after Chinese New Year is over. This project could prove very popular especially since the 253 and 212 have ALWAYS needed sapphire to be complete.

Does anyone have an extra mineral crystal they'd be willing to loan so that the company could make us exact copies in Sapphire? The minimum order for sapphire is 20 units... if we can get 20 people interested.. that'd be great. maybe we could also organize something with cheif so that the crystals get shipped directly to him for treatment after their fabrication....? Any thoughts? Obviously interest would depend on price.. but I'm we'll have a ballpark figure soon... hopefully not to expensive.. if it's $100 or less. i'd be very interested personally...

edited:

Dont have a spare but I would be interested in 1 or 2 mate depending on price quality etc.

You could get a mineral from Jacksontse and send it to him if you wanted to stump it up or maybe Rex could help as he's in US

I've got a gen Pam sapphire on my Franken 212, you would not believe the difference it makes.I'll see if I can find the original rep crystal and I will be glad to let it be used in order to make some real sapphire crystal's, as I going to need 1 for my Franken 253 project, which I'm getting ready to start. If someone will send me a pm tommorrow,I'll let you know if I found it,and you can tell me where to send it to.

I've got a gen Pam sapphire on my Franken 212, you would not believe the difference it makes.I'll see if I can find the original rep crystal and I will be glad to let it be used in order to make some real sapphire crystal's, as I going to need 1 for my Franken 253 project, which I'm getting ready to start. If someone will send me a pm tommorrow,I'll let you know if I found it,and you can tell me where to send it to.

franken 253 you say? where will you source those parts!??? a 212 is one thing.. but a limited edition watch... another beast entirely... The hands are possible if you can find some gen 212 hands.. But a dial, movement and blue chrono needle.... good luck!

p.s. how and where'd you source your 212 crystal?

I may have a spare available, once I receive the AR'd version from my dealer... but getting 20 orders may be difficult.. also the gen has a very slight AR tint and a definite blue hue to the AR.. fyi..

I've got 5 or 6 interested on a spanish forum over here. Might get another 5 on Francisco's forum, i'll check it out today. The slight AR might be an issue.. but we can discuss possibly getting these crystals sent directly to Cheif for a possible AR run. I've spoken with Offshore. He's got glass contacts in China... and looking into it. Let's see what kind of estimates Offshore gets and then we'll take it from there. Honestly don't think we'll have a problem with the numbers.. especially seeing as how 2 or 3 people want 2 or more crystals so far. Let's keep this idea alive!

Stay tuned. Offshore won't be in contact with his guy in china till after Chinese New Year.. Until thenn.. we're pending.. but looks like this thing could be a go! Once I hear back from Offshore I'll start a new thread with a running list of seriously interested people. Hopefully we'll have some idea on pricing once CNY is over. laterz

Jacksontse sells Sapphire crystals for this watch? or he sells custom made crystales? I wasn't aware of that. We have no idea on prices yet. When we say ~100usd we mean crystal. The AR would be extra.. but if we're going to ship a lot of crystals out to Chief then he'll probably cut some kind of deal.. stay tuned.

@jcrry2: could you pm me about what info you have on these crystals?

So far we've got 12 people on the spanish forum plus you guys here on rwg. The list of interested folks is as follows so far:

1. Plaifender

2. petem (2)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2)

11. panerisiti(2)

12. jcrry (2 or 3)

13. Pabler

14. Lanikai (2 or more)

We've definitely reached the minimum, with the spanish forum the order is currently at 30 crystals. Remember offshore can't find out pricing and more info till after the Feb 22 but keep the interest coming! :thumbsupsmileyanim: