When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 253 Sapphire Crystal

plaifender

Can't come soon enough. I just put a big scratch across my 253 :(

Thanks for keeping this project alive. Was there any talk of running the crystals by Chief after production? I wonder how the factory AR will turn out. As I recall the gen does have a slight blue hue.

so much for those dealers that try to pass off the "synthetic sapphire"...hopefully soon there will be a remedy for us...and also one that does not explode.

Can't come soon enough. I just put a big scratch across my 253 :(

Thanks for keeping this project alive. Was there any talk of running the crystals by Chief after production? I wonder how the factory AR will turn out. As I recall the gen does have a slight blue hue.

It looks like this thread is still going, I just got my 253 and would like one of these crystals. :)

yousif1980 - Where did you get your Pam253 and what version is it? I've been told that the version 3 is not available at this time. If anyone else has a source, feel free to chime in.

Here are some pics, I apologize for the quality, my camera is not that great!

not sure if it's just the lighting.. but your v3 seems to have a bluish tint to the crystal.. or maybe it's just the reflection from the blue sky.... in any case.. my v3 has no ar... And even if it did.. it probably wouldn't show up blue since the crystal is mineral and not sapphire.. Can you verify that your watches crystal is mineral or sapphire.. the coloring doesn't look like most..

not sure if it's just the lighting.. but your v3 seems to have a bluish tint to the crystal.. or maybe it's just the reflection from the blue sky.... in any case.. my v3 has no ar... And even if it did.. it probably wouldn't show up blue since the crystal is mineral and not sapphire.. Can you verify that your watches crystal is mineral or sapphire.. the coloring doesn't look like most..

Its a " synthetic sapphire" as the seller says, so it is mineral. It also has the 21600 bph A7750 movement, so that makes it a V2 probably except for the corect dial. Weird!

Its a " synthetic sapphire" as the seller says, so it is mineral. It also has the 21600 bph A7750 movement, so that makes it a V2 probably except for the corect dial. Weird!

no it´s a v3. The dial, case and crown gaurd are all v3.. The engine being 21600 7750 just tells us that, this is what the factory had laying around... :pardon:

p.s. get rid of the rep carbon fiber on that thing and you´ll be set to jet! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

edit: on second glance yousif... your cg looks like it could be a V2.. very interesting indeed... Although the movement being a 21600bph is strange since both the V2 and V3 came standard with a 28800bhp 7750... i stand by my statement that it is probably what the factory had lying around.

Edited by plaifender

1. Valerian

2. petem (2)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2)

11. panerisiti(2)

12. jcrry (2 or 3)

13. Pabler

14. Lanikai (2 or more)

15. Sidedish

16. cbd21(2)

17. Slan93

18. Cchrono

19. Deniz21

20. Bynico92

21. Ewing

22. Kioske

23. Jimmynugent

24. Fishgodeep(2)

25. Suzuki

26. Cdigi

27. Mann

28. Colorao

29. Fitipaldi

30. opcrown

31. btocamelo

32. PrDubis

33. Yousif1980

34. Psycho

35. PRB

I thought the ultimate's where out of stock?

I hope not, when I ordered it didn't say they were out of stock. I do have received an airmail freight number, so I think it will be ok.

So the one I have ordered has synthetic sapphire glass. Will this update of real sapphire glass look much better? I have no idea what to expect, it's also my first rep.

I hope not, when I ordered it didn't say they were out of stock. I do have received an airmail freight number, so I think it will be ok.

So the one I have ordered has synthetic sapphire glass. Will this update of real sapphire glass look much better? I have no idea what to expect, it's also my first rep.

That is interesting all the dealers tell me the factory is not making them maybe there finally in stock please post pictures so we all can help you determine if in fact you did receive an ultimate.

The sapphire isnt for looks but for functionality, synthetic sapphire or mineral glass can be scratched and rather easily but sapphire on the other hand is NEARLY unscratchable. Thats why most of 212/253 owners are just so afraid to wear this beautiful watch.

And congrats on your first rep, I'm sure there will be many more to come :)

I'm a bit confused, im assuming here but is the tester saying its a sapphire in the first picture? If so where did you get one!!

Picture 1 shows a watch I've asked my dealer to mod: sapphyre crystal, swiss7750, V3 PAM212 dial, correct rotor and caseback...

Picture 2 shows a V3 PAM212.

Just to say you can find real sapphyre on PAM212/253 but crystal is expensive...

Picture 1 shows a watch I've asked my dealer to mod: sapphyre crystal, swiss7750, V3 PAM212 dial, correct rotor and caseback...

Picture 2 shows a V3 PAM212.

Just to say you can find real sapphyre on PAM212/253 but crystal is expensive...

so the sapphire does exist, so for the sake of this thread and im just putting it out there but could your dealer possibly get enough crystals for everyone on the list :)

btw you have one heck of a 212 now, im very jealous

Edited by jimmynugent

Thanks Jimmynugent! :) You can't imagine how many there are on my wishlist, after this one...

I would like to have (or I am dreaming of :D ):

Rolex SDDS

Rolex SUB

Breitling SOHC

PAM 111

PAM 088

PAM 253

PAM 104

Tag Carrera

and more!

Regarding the 212 I ordered, I looked at Joshua's, Andrew's and Angus' sites. They were all offering, I will honestly tell you, that I did not paid enough attention to the stock situations, but I didn't see anything regarding out of stock. And I sent links to one the established members of another forum and he didn't mention it either.

Hmmmm,

I think the terms sapphire, and synthetic sapphire, are being a bit misinterpreted here.

Mineral glass, is mineral glass, there is no such thing as pure sapphire glass, and what we know as "sapphire" is synthetic sapphire.

This little info sheet from my web site may help-

The first thing we see when we look at our watch is the glasswhich protects the dial and hands, its crystal.

A scratched or marked crystal is visually distressing, anddevalues your treasured timepiece.

Instead of replacing a scratched crystal, which can becomeexpensive, you can look at polishing it, to return it to its former glory.

First, however, you need to know what material your crystal ismade of.

There are basically three materials used to make crystals, Acrylicor plexiglass, Mineral glass, and Synthetic sapphire. It can be sometimesdifficult to know exactly what material yours is.

(There are some other composite crystals which are a mixture ofthose listed above. We will deal with them separately)

Firstly Acrylic. If you tap an acrylic crystal with your fingernail you will hear a