When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 253 Sapphire Crystal

plaifender

hmm.. did you forget me on the list, or didn't you count my "take me in" as an order? :clapping:

Sorry Rytox! I missed you! :bangin:

1. Valerian

2. petem (2)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2)

11. panerisiti(2)

12. jcrry (2 or 3)

13. Pabler

14. Lanikai (2 or more)

15. Sidedish

16. cbd21(2)

17. Slan93

18. Cchrono

19. Deniz21

20. Bynico92

21. Ewing

22. Kioske

23. Jimmynugent

24. Fishgodeep(2)

25. Suzuki

26. Cdigi

27. Mann

28. Colorao

29. Fitipaldi

30. opcrown

31. btocamelo

32. PrDubis

33. Yousif1980

34. Psycho

35. PRB

36. Rytox

+1 to fitipaldi...

But the crystal is gen right??? or it's a rep sapphire?

I got everything from Mrs King...It's a rep sapphyre for sure...I was really suspicious about it, so I asked her to check the crystal with a diamond tester...And here we are.

hmmm... I need to get in contact with her about this group buy!!! Offshore and I have a couple leads.. but if this crystal is already being produced in sapphire we can avoid all of this custom cutting and fabrication and possibly get these crystals directly from the source.. can you pm me about price paid, quality, look etc?

hmmm... I need to get in contact with her about this group buy!!! Offshore and I have a couple leads.. but if this crystal is already being produced in sapphire we can avoid all of this custom cutting and fabrication and possibly get these crystals directly from the source.. can you pm me about price paid, quality, look etc?

sweet I hope the ball starts rolling :)

I got everything from Mrs King...It's a rep sapphyre for sure...I was really suspicious about it, so I asked her to check the crystal with a diamond tester...And here we are.

So is the watch with sapphire crystal modified (crystal installed later) or you bought it like that from Mrs. King? let me know :)

:whistling: sorry for being a skeptic...until someone knowledgeable on this board has one in hand and can test it, and it can be easily sourced for a reasonable price...it still remains...dealers are in business of selling and telling the buyer what they want to hear......from my rookie days, I have a pair of 212's with mineral glass to prove it, although the dealer swore on his mother that it was sapphire.

And what do you think of that:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Forgive me for not directly believing that this is a sapphire crystal. I too own a diamond tester like that and have tested hundreds of watches.

And it is known that when you set the electronic bar at 8, that MOST OF THE TIMES even it will bleep and become red when the crystal is just mineral. So concluding, the setting of the tester seems to be set incorrect and should be set on 6 or seven. When it bleeps then and gets a red sign, then sapphire is confirmed. Because these pictures, to me, confirm NOTHING.

yeah... for real! You can understand our doubts though Jimmy!! NEVER has the 253 or 212 been available in sapphire except 4 years ago when they came out in the V1... And now all of the sudden, the dealers are saying they have "sapphire" but still no one on any forum anywhere has actually touched, seen or examined one of these supposed "sapphire" crystals. It also just so happens that as Offshore and I have been trying to organize a group buy for custom-cut sapphire crystals.. dealers have come out saying that they have sapphire.. which in turn is making some people unsure about whether or not they'd like to stay in on our group buy list. Me and offshore are looking into it right now.. obviously if the factories are fabricating a sapphire crystal we're interested in possibly purchasing some and using those instead of getting another factory to custom-cut crystals for us. There's a lot of confusion lately.. but I trust we'll get it sorted!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

LOL DAMN EVERYONE SUCH A NON-BELIEVER

Whatever. Just first get your basics correct. It is very easy to be deceived when the test settings of the diamond tester are wrong. Simple as that.

Just my 2 cents.

too be honest miss king is reputable dealer on multiple forums I want to believe she wont deceive and defile her name for a couple of sapphire crystals. I have dealed with her in the past and she has on a few occasions got me parts that most dealers will not or cant not source for me and sometimes free of charge for being her customer. I cant vouch for Prdubis but miss king if she can get it she'll tell it to you straight but lets just see how this plays out. Lets just hope for the best my friends

Edited by jimmynugent

yeah let's just see what happens. I don't wanna jump to any conclusions one way or the other. Hooky certainly knows his share on the history of the 253 and Ms. King reputation is quite good around these parts. We certainly can't reach any conclusions until PrDubis posts pictures of his piece once he receives it from China. swiss valjoux and all! :)

Current Interested buyers.

1. Valerian

2. petem (2 crystals)

3. BigE

4. Chudd

5. Paulw

6. Repwatch

7. Bosk

8. Nakortheblue

9. Rickhic

10. Z3k0 (2 crystals)

11. panerisiti(2)