When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Champions League Prize Pool

jonthebhoy

DAMN IT! You mock me, sir!

And with the 1-1 against 'Boro I am in no mood. ;)

..another day of poor finishing, what, 14-2 in finishes on target? Play Julio Baptista I say! He's a marksman.

If and when I put my $20 on the table for Arsenal it's not because I believe they can win the CL this year. It's because of my love for the club and the team..

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@docblackrock, Cheers mate, by the way Baptista is at arsenal, Ronaldo you're right they should probably have sold to AC whilst the had the chance from their offer in the summer, Carlos I think can still do a job as can Beckham, who is loved in Madrid for his work rate. As long as Capello just reminds them that he's the boss, and gets them working as a team they will do fine. Unfortunately about 6 coaches have failed in the last 4 years LOL!!!!

Good luck to everyone who has entered :yeah: , and if you haven't :yu: , shame on you!!!!!!!!!

@docblackrock, Cheers mate, by the way Baptista is at arsenal
:blush: my mistake, a deadline day loan swap with Reyes wasn't it?

Beckham, who is loved in Madrid for his work rate.
Sorry??? Did you use the words 'work rate' and 'Beckham' in the same sentence??? :blink::brow: You jest surely :unsure: frankly I've seen more energy expended by an asthmatic snail :lol: But I guess everything's relative and it IS Spain we're talking about here ;)

Good luck to everyone who has entered :yeah: , and if you haven't :yu: , shame on you!!!!!!!!!
I'll second that, roll up roll up, I can't believe there's no takers yet for either Milan side :thumbdown:

Being an avid MU hater, and also not a fan of England (Football Team), I have no love lost for Davy Becks, but I have to say having watched approx 20-30 games from La Liga and Real in particular over the last 2 seasons, I have to say I find the comments derviding his work rate as completely unfounded.

Without doubt for large chunks of last season was he not only their best player, but was doing more work than the rest of them combined, granted no mean feat but hey.

His work rate is exceptional and has not gone unoticed in spain as they were aware of his Playboy persona when he arrived but he is now adored but the Real faithful for his determination and drive, with which he play most games for them

And this from me, who doesn't even like him that much, I think that he has been way overrated for far too long, however it's funny how fickle football is, as he's playing his best football of his career at RM and is getting pelters for it in england.

I agree Edge.. Having watched quite a lot of Spanish football the last three years, I judge Beckham to be one of the best right siders in the liga.. He is their offensive drive and he works well their own half to. Game after game you see him hold the ball up and get their team out. He's saved Real's defence numerous times with his deep back-runs and well timed tackles. But England is unforgiving, just look at the national team, nothing is good enough (and I suppose that's the way it should be in a major football nation)

BTW: I can't help being annoyed at DBR's "favourites" guide.. Saying Arsenal got VERY lucky last year making it to the CL final is wrong in my somewhat unbiased opinion..

Arsenal played a few GREAT games, that's what made the opposition look bad. Not that they were bad at the time they played them. Dead solid defence and a killer up front. Luck did not enter into it (other than the luck you have in any other match) as far as I am concerned. They lost the final 1-0 to a supposedly better (did you see Tourè tame Ronaldinho?) team due to bad luck and a useless norwegian ref.

Just my opinion and I had to get it off my chest. ;)

-Ape-

Arsenal have been somewhat put down by the pundits, but I think they will be a serious challenge for the title this year.

The only MAJOR problem I have with them is that they have NO brittish player in the squad. NOT 1 british player in the squad for the game today. Sorry but IMHO that's Pathetic.

@Ape - sorry you feel annoyed wasn't intentionally being cheeky (always save that for Man U ;) ) just a considered opinion that even some Gooner mates of mine agreed with. They caught an exceedingly poor Real, an even worse Juve, and were lucky at scraping past Villareal in the SF. Sure they rode their luck well but I fancy they had already started dreaming of lifting the trophy in those last 20 mins, thereby allowing Barca their chance. As for the form guide, well aside from a loyal fan, it would take a very brave man to put money on Arsenal getting anywhere near the Final this year. As I said, I rate Wenger as a manager (even if dislike as a person), his youth policy is commendable, just that I see at least a couple of seasons of development ahead before you start playing anything like you did in 2003.

They lost the final 1-0 to a supposedly better (did you see Tourè tame Ronaldinho?) team due to bad luck and a useless norwegian ref.
I think you'll find the result in Paris was 2-1 to Barca not 1-0 ;) tsk, some fan :lol:

OMG Hehe! I stand OH so corrected! How could I forget? ..beaten in 5 minutes of poor defending..

Having bought a few "seasoned" players this year, we can't really blame the youth policy for a bad start of the season.

As far as CL goes, group G is a not an easy one, but I think Arsenal will make it through.

Arsenal have been somewhat put down by the pundits, but I think they will be a serious challenge for the title this year.

The only MAJOR problem I have with them is that they have NO brittish player in the squad. NOT 1 british player in the squad for the game today. Sorry but IMHO that's Pathetic.

Agree with your views on Beckham and Arsenal. They were the first 'English' team to field a starting 11 consisting of no English nationals which is embarrassing. It isn't xenophobia either, I'm a bit of a mix of nationalities myself, Spanish, French, Welsh, Scottish, English and a bit of Portuguese but if a team is representing a town or location within a certain country to have no home grown players is shocking.

Don't know if you're aware but there are only 3 teams in La Liga in Spain who have never been relegated (I stand to be corrected if this is wrong...). Real Madrid and Barcelona are two of them. The other is Athletic Bilbao from the Basque country. They have always had a policy of recruiting only Basque players. Makes their feat to avoid relegation for all those years all the more incredible taking into account the hugely reduced pool of players available to them. Hats off to them.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't signed up what are you waiting for?? :g:

:1a::1a::1a::1a::2a::2a::2a::2a::2a:

One question for every one WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE USE THE THIRD PLACE TROPHY.

I keep seeing them around, who the hell wants to be third lol. I got congrats in the ageing a dial thread, with a third place cup, this is cool, but Who Finished Second and First, I'll have them taken out lol.

Everyone keeps saying congrats to each other and well gone, and we're gonna win, with 3rd place trophies lol.

I think xxx will win the CL, :3a:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:1a::1a::1a::1a::2a::2a::2a::2a::2a:

One question for every one WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE USE THE THIRD PLACE TROPHY.

I keep seeing them around, who the hell wants to be third lol. I got congrats in the ageing a dial thread, with a third place cup, this is cool, but Who Finished Second and First, I'll have them taken out lol.

Everyone keeps saying congrats to each other and well gone, and we're gonna win, with 3rd place trophies lol.

I think xxx will win the CL, :3a:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

no third place in champions league

that is not world cup

:whistling:

If you check most of my posts, I use the first place trophy :1a:

Go ahead, look in the archives.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Any chance of extending the deadline, I'm screwed for cash lately, and next payday is Friday, but then again I will only get 4 days pay because of the recent bank holiday (I get paid per hour dammit :( )

Oh well, I would have been on for Liverpool anyway and that reduces the pot for a couple of people here.

Kuijt is looking good, I think he'll score a few. :victory:

Any chance of extending the deadline, I'm screwed for cash lately, and next payday is Friday, but then again I will only get 4 days pay because of the recent bank holiday (I get paid per hour dammit :( )

Oh well, I would have been on for Liverpool anyway and that reduces the pot for a couple of people here.

Kuijt is looking good, I think he'll score a few. :victory:

Sorry Chronus, I think extending the deadline is a bit of a no-no since as you know the first group games start tomorrow evening (CET). However if you can manage it, then don't feel inhibited from splitting mine and Admin' stake up into thirds (or quarters if Gran rears his head :unsure::pray:) - a third of the pot is better than the big fat NOTHING the other guys are gonna get ;):lol:

C'mon people - this is your last 24 hours or so - still no sign of AC Milan (six times' winners), Arsenal (Ape is chicken I guess!) or at least 3 other bets on Chelsea to make Edgey feel better about himself ;) (they ARE the richest club in the world with the players to match). Still no Man Utd either :rolleyes::lol: (the New York Yankees of football have had an unbeaten start and are top of the Premiership). Valencia is also a good 'dark horse' punt for those undecided, as is Lyon.

Sorry Chronus, I think extending the deadline is a bit of a no-no since as you know the first group games start tomorrow evening (CET). However if you can manage it, then don't feel inhibited from splitting mine and Admin' stake up into thirds (or quarters if Gran rears his head :unsure::pray:) - a third of the pot is better than the big fat NOTHING the other guys are gonna get ;):lol:

@ docblackrock - I think Chronus should be able to participate as long as he sticks to his original prediction...

Just want to say the Pot currently stands at $160 if perchance I should win I would be happy to take a hundred and donate the other sixty to RWG, should I win in a split I will take $60 and donate $20 to RWG

@ Ken - If you win it will definitely be a split, as you are jumping on my selection!!!

Seems we have found some more participants JTB hasn't included already so the pot is already bigger... Alan is in with Barca too so it seems if the y make it i have to split the pot too :D

Ok then I offer $20 from my half to RWG.....................care to match me :)

Ken

Since you've already taken half my winnings by chosing my team, the remainder will not be enough to buy an asian sub!!! But never mind, I pledge to give $20 to RWG should Real win the competition - please remind me of this - I'm not drunk (it is only 11.40am!!!), but I tend to forget promises of generous gestures!!!

Since you've already taken half my winnings by chosing my team, the remainder will not be enough to buy an asian sub!!! But never mind, I pledge to give $20 to RWG should Real win the competition - please remind me of this - I'm not drunk (it is only 11.40am!!!), but I tend to forget promises of generous gestures!!!

Bravo :clap3:

Ken :victory: