When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experience with these sites

vilan

Many of the old timers may remember me. I was one of the original founders of the forums with Andre. I have been collecting for more than 20 years, and know my way around. Recently, a dealer told me that there are a watches that differ from even the high quality replicas we see on all of the trusted and well respected sites in that they have no flaws in their outward appearance. I found the idea hard to swallow because that implies the "regular" dealers are selling from factories that intentionally are adding flaws (by which I mean a feature that does not match what is on the authentic watch even though the cost to make it identical would be the same as adding the flaw). In any event, I stumbled on 2 web sites owned by the

the same guy: precisionreplicas and oldewatches. The sites have been up for several years according to my research, and there is a real phone number. My questions are: Has anyone here had experience with either of the sites? Are the watches very nice replicas or are they photos of the real watches?

tahnks.

I only bothered to look at Precisionreplicas, and they use both genuine & replica photos to create confusion. Some Rolex pictures come straight from the factory, some pics are of cheap shitty street junk replicas.

That site is like 99,999999% of other replica sites: pure scam.

Use the dealers approved by this forum. That way your money is safe and you'll be sure to get what you pay for. :good:

Not saying everbody else are scammers but why take the chance? :rolleyes:

Of all the watches I've bought, and all the 'off the beaten path' dealers I've used, the only problems I have had with deals, was when I used 'forum trusted' dealer... :bangin:

Well Precision Replicas dates back to, and was part of the whole replicacentre con back then, and doesn't appear to have changed its colors!

Do you think that this website is put up by same Replicaca Center that was involved in the

e scams? Why would anyone pick, intentionally, the name of a shamed company for a website?

I agree that the trusted dealers are a safe bet (usually). But they all sell the same watches, from the same factories.

I am wondering if we are depriving ourselves of a whole new universe of selections.

Just had a look around, most of those reps are bloody awful!!!

To honest my suspicious nature thinks this is a back door punt,

apologies if I am wrong

I only bothered to look at Precisionreplicas, and they use both genuine & replica photos to create confusion. Some Rolex pictures come straight from the factory, some pics are of cheap shitty street junk replicas.

That site is like 99,999999% of other replica sites: pure scam.

Ditto. Absolutely nothing new or newsworthy there. :thumbdown:

I did some research today using two Breguet models offered by Oldewatches and Precisionreplicas: Example #1 and Example #2

Both seem to be pictures of the originals, with none of the usual replica close-ups and varying angle shots. Moreover, I found hundreds of web sites offering these watches with the same pictures. This got me wondering what a buyer would get on delivery? Most of the web sites showing thses watches took credit cards, and some used PayPal-which mmeans the buyer would have some redress if the watches were not sent, or if they were different from what was in the pictures. Obviously, all rep collectors are hoping to find a source that makes 100% accurate copies, and collectors are puzzled at why a factory would get 80% of the hard stuff accurate, and then add 20% of details that cannot be found on the original. Are we missing out on a universe of replica sites that do get it 100% right becasue they do not look like the sites of our "trusted" sellers (who seem to have the same factory sources)?

What do you think?

Many of the old timers may remember me. I was one of the original founders of the forums with Andre. I have been collecting for more than 20 years, and know my way around. Recently, a dealer told me that there are a watches that differ from even the high quality replicas we see on all of the trusted and well respected sites in that they have no flaws in their outward appearance. I found the idea hard to swallow because that implies the "regular" dealers are selling from factories that intentionally are adding flaws (by which I mean a feature that does not match what is on the authentic watch even though the cost to make it identical would be the same as adding the flaw). In any event, I stumbled on 2 web sites owned by the

the same guy: precisionreplicas and oldewatches. The sites have been up for several years according to my research, and there is a real phone number. My questions are: Has anyone here had experience with either of the sites? Are the watches very nice replicas or are they photos of the real watches?

tahnks.

I share your thoughts that the field is pretty narrow with the trusted dealers. In saying that, I am so grateful for that list and the community support, so that we can get what we pay for and with some certainty. I do buy some from other sites though, as part of the fun is the hunt and the punt...

More to the point Vilan, welcome back to the forum! I'm only a new member here, but it's great to know that after so many years someone who was a founding member is back and active in the 'game'. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

mg