When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm no Cartier guy, and not even a dressy watch kind of guy...

ubiquitous

I bought a Pasha Seatimer (all SS, no black rubber and the newer detailed, raised dial) from another member here, and the Mrs was initially not feeling the vibe but now the only time she doesn't wear it is in bed!

She just had to get used to the 40mm size and then it was Love.

1st rep watch I ever purchased was the Cartier American Tank, from Eddie in 2003.

Still wear it on the occasional dress occasion.

Classic dials for sure. The round case of this model doesn't appeal to me very much though.

Still a classic Cartier design that's for sure. It is VERY popular these days.

T'is a very odd and unusual watch; definitely not suited to everyone's taste, but I'm still drawn to it. I recently saw a pic of Cartier's ID One Concept; same case as the Ballon Bleu, but with a one off movement specifically highlighting the following properties:

-No adjustments or regulation required

-An escapement that will maintain an accuracy of 2 seconds per day for the life of the movement, without pallet jewels and with minimal trips to service/overhaul :g:

-No lubrication

021.jpg

ID One aside, seeing the Ballon case on a kevlar strap really appeals to me as it adds a bit of a sport-watch element to this otherwise dressy watch. Someday, I may even give this one a try :)

T'is a very odd and unusual watch; definitely not suited to everyone's taste, but I'm still drawn to it. I recently saw a pic of Cartier's ID One Concept; same case as the Ballon Bleu, but with a one off movement specifically highlighting the following properties:

-No adjustments or regulation required

-An escapement that will maintain an accuracy of 2 seconds per day for the life of the movement, without pallet jewels and with minimal trips to service/overhaul :g:

-No lubrication

021.jpg

ID One aside, seeing the Ballon case on a kevlar strap really appeals to me as it adds a bit of a sport-watch element to this otherwise dressy watch. Someday, I may even give this one a try :)

i hope they make this watch, because i will definitely get that

:g:

Compared to that Panerai, the Ballon does indeed have a significant amount of presence! It's bigger than I thought it would be! Looks like it's 1/3 as thick in profile though...

Might be interesting to try one of these. Maybe I need to visit the Cartier AD to see if they have one in the display...

Yep, I sometimes do, but only when I am drunk and talking about girls :-D :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1 in the pub when the lights are dim and you have had one too many, the girl with the not so pretty face but good body starts looking REALLY good...

so yes i can relate to that feeling you have with the cartier ballon bleu...

I believe there are 3 sizes .. Ladies, Mid, and OMG ITS HUGE ... I think the one in the photo next to the Panerai is a Mid ..

The panerai in the photo is a Pam 104 at 44mm. The ballon bleu in the photo is the large version at 42mm.