When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone raised the DW on their 7750 chrono?

fugjostle

I had no issues with my lello datewheel going into the Panerai dealer but coming out it's started to bother me :bangin:

I've got a PAM250 with A7750 (a 3,6 & 9 configuration). Does anyone know if the sunken DW solution posted last year by Francisco ever became a mod-kit or whether anyone performs that mod?

Also curious if anyone had the minute gears removed to allow the DW to be raised? How did that work out for you?

Any success or failure stories greatly appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks in advance,

f.

not the same... the chronos have the gear placed on top of the date wheel... I could do it but I don't have any chronos... it's not any easy fix... only francisco did it and has pics but you won't find anyone willing to do it for you... no kits ever made... you can have a watchsmith disable the chronos and glue them in place then sandwich another date wheel yourself to make up the difference... but then you'd lose your chronos functionality... I'd rather go that route than have the sunken date.

you can have a watchsmith disable the chronos and glue them in place then sandwich another date wheel yourself to make up the difference... but then you'd lose your chronos functionality... I'd rather go that route than have the sunken date.

From what I've researched, the gears that modify the A7750 to the 3,6,9 configuration can be removed safely. This means the chrono will still work (with the exception of the minute dial) but the date wheel can be raised because no gear gets in the way. Think I might go down this route as it has two benefits: (1) I don't use the chrono so won't miss it, and (2) I can still show people that the chrono works as long as I stop it before 60 seconds :whistling:

Thanks for the info guys - its appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PS: I'l post a pic once its done

Edited by fugjostle

From what I've researched, the gears that modify the A7750 to the 3,6,9 configuration can be removed safely. This means the chrono will still work (with the exception of the minute dial) but the date wheel can be raised because no gear gets in the way. Think I might go down this route as it has two benefits: (1) I don't use the chrono so won't miss it, and (2) I can still show people that the chrono works as long as I stop it before 60 seconds :whistling:

Thanks for the info guys - its appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PS: I'l post a pic once its done

it is possible, but you have to solve some small problems,,,for example...how attaching the small hands...

Awesome work on raising the DW by the way - it was really informative and really helped me understand the various A7750 configurations :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Would I be right in thinking that the removal of the gears only effects the minute hand? My main concern is how to get the minute hand looking functional (i.e. slighty raised from the dial but glued into a pin or something). Any recommendations to solve that problem? I'm worried that if glue is used then any knock will cause my minute had to drop off =@

Don't suppose you fancy working on a PAM250 :whistling:

My next book may be called "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the DW" ;)

Thanks,

f.

Awesome work on raising the DW by the way - it was really informative and really helped me understand the various A7750 configurations :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Would I be right in thinking that the removal of the gears only effects the minute hand? My main concern is how to get the minute hand looking functional (i.e. slighty raised from the dial but glued into a pin or something). Any recommendations to solve that problem? I'm worried that if glue is used then any knock will cause my minute had to drop off =@

Don't suppose you fancy working on a PAM250 :whistling:

My next book may be called "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the DW" ;)

Thanks,

f.

try glueing the gear to the bottom of the dial...

• 2 months later...

Based on Francisco's mod I got it done on my B01:

DSC04017.jpg

And on my PAM250:

DSC09819800x600.jpg

As you can see, the 250 was since sold to someone else.

It's a great mod and a good alternative to doing a 7753 swap or something like that. What you need is a watchmaker who is able and willing to do it though, and that's not easy to find (it's very fiddly and time consuming). My watchmaker has said no more!