When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat B01 out

thogaa

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So which colour is this meant to be? Gray or Carbon black?

The rep is listed as graphite.

http://www.perfect-hour.com/blb0110003-chronomat-ssss-graphite-sticks-a7750-28800bp-pi-8370.html?image=0

Compare it with Breitlings presentaion on the website:

The gen has the black chapter ring BUT it also has a black datewheel. The rep dw is white.

If it were meant to be the carbon black dial, then the chapter ring would be the same colour as the dial...

as far as i'm aware, the 7753 is the same ligne as the a7750; so it'd fit; but the 7753 datewheel is slightly larger than the 7750 datewheel - so you couldn't use the rep datewheel.

Also, the rep date window is slightly more inward (due to the DW) so you'd end up with offset font even if you did have a 7753 with correct font DW.

The factory would need to build a new B01 rep, with correct dial and a 7753, just to fix the DW issue. This would have to incorporate a new DW with the correct font.

The only realistic option is to have a DW overlay mod, to the current rep, to raise it. Someone really needs to make a kit for this!!

For those on the fence about this watch, repgeek member dtan888 has a review with some nice photos of the graphite dial B01 he just bought, this is probably the first review out there of this watch.

Well, it looks prety good, much better than dealer's pics, and has changed some people's opinions from negative to positive.

as far as i'm aware, the 7753 is the same ligne as the a7750; so it'd fit; but the 7753 datewheel is slightly larger than the 7750 datewheel - so you couldn't use the rep datewheel.

Also, the rep date window is slightly more inward (due to the DW) so you'd end up with offset font even if you did have a 7753 with correct font DW.

The factory would need to build a new B01 rep, with correct dial and a 7753, just to fix the DW issue. This would have to incorporate a new DW with the correct font.

The only realistic option is to have a DW overlay mod, to the current rep, to raise it. Someone really needs to make a kit for this!!

The A7750 Movement is also taller then the 7753. This means the movement holders are up higher and would need to be modified. As you said, the big issue is the Date Window location in the dial is too close to center compared to the 7753.

I can't get over everyone being upset about the sunken DW. We all knew this was going to be the case, yet some seem shocked by this. It is a rep, if the sunken DW is going to be the deal breaker for you, buy the Gen.

sunken DW is an issue but how obvious is it from a normal distance. If you wearing and hanging out people who aren't that rep savvy, would they be able to tell?

My experence has been that most people wont notice because they wont be looking for a SDW. Most people dont go around scrutinizing the dial of a watch and dont even know what a SDW Is for that matter. That being said, I know It annoys people like us watch enthusiast but most folks wouldn't know a "SDW" If It was to bite them on the a$$ :D Mike (I do wish the DW was at the three)

If you wearing and hanging out people who aren't that rep savvy, would they be able to tell?

Quite frankly, most people can't spot the $20 Rolex fakes they sell on Canal street - they probably don't even know if the B01 is supposed to have a datewheel or not let alone how deep it's supposed to be set.

And even if you know, you have to look pretty closely to see it. You'd look pretty stupid staring at some guy's watch on the bus trying to see if the DW is at the correct depth.

This is just "the guys" wanting everything perfect. On the street it makes no diff at all.

Hi RLudLowe, that was a rhetorical question... I'm with you on this... it would be hardly noticeable.

Quite frankly, most people can't spot the $20 Rolex fakes they sell on Canal street - they probably don't even know if the B01 is supposed to have a datewheel or not let alone how deep it's supposed to be set.

And even if you know, you have to look pretty closely to see it. You'd look pretty stupid staring at some guy's watch on the bus trying to see if the DW is at the correct depth.

This is just "the guys" wanting everything perfect. On the street it makes no diff at all.