When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement value

jmb

I want to "upgrade" my wifes favorite a21j Datejust with an ETA movement but at ofrei's price it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe if I can get the 4 for $200 (buy-it-now is $220 or make offer) I can use one then flog the rest...

No, the WM9 does not take the 2671. The date movement is much smaller, so the date wheel is not even close to the date wheel position on the sub. It uses the 2678-2 which is not even close in size.

JMB, make sure you have the proper spacer ring and dial for adding the 2671 to your spouses watch. They are different...By the time you buy the dial, spacer, and movement you would be better off just buying one (ETA 2671 rep)from one of the dealers for about $200. You could then just switch out the ETA for the tudor model and then sell the movement that came in the watch. Just a thought, but building a ladies date just from the asian movement to the ETA is not as easy as it sounds...yes I have done it several times and found out the hard way.

Why not? If I'm not mistaken, the WM9 Sub V2 uses a ladies size movement ETA 2671.... Talk to BK about it. He can tell you more

I can machine whatever spacer I need and I'll stick on the old dial with "dial dots" and I should have a set of hands in the "assortment" I bought from Cousins a while back.

Awesome on being able to machine spacers! I wish I could! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hands are easy...they even sell the 2671 ladies on the bay for $10 or so.

Sorry you missed out on the movements. The seller has listed several auctions for the last years or so. He has many...I know he says these are his last...but he says that every auction! :) He even listed a few for single movements so keep on the lookout.

I can machine whatever spacer I need and I'll stick on the old dial with "dial dots" and I should have a set of hands in the "assortment" I bought from Cousins a while back.

Awesome on being able to machine spacers! I wish I could! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hands are easy...they even sell the 2671 ladies on the bay for $10 or so.

p.s. Are you in the Dallas area or? Houston here. You should join one of our get together events sometime!

Sorry you missed out on the movements. The seller has listed several auctions for the last years or so. He has many...I know he says these are his last...but he says that every auction! :) He even listed a few for single movements so keep on the lookout.