When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: Carrera Calibre 1 V2

Hi guys!

Is this the limited edition one - or the black PVD one? If you Googled 'TAG Heuer Calibre 1', all the images look like the PVD one (or probably just the lighting). So am I right to say that, there is a limited edition one, and a normal Calibre 1?

Also, anyone tried this watch with a SS bracelet? How does it look? TIA!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've seen, held, worn and closely inspected the gen now; in a TH shop in Malaysia. The rep is actually amazingly close.

One kinda big flaw though - and this should have been obvious in the first place - The shapes on the deploy clasp should have the TH logo inside them - of course. Did anyone buy the V1? Does the clasp have said logo?

The gen come boxed with both the rubber and a black gator strap (that fits the deploy) and retails for about four-and-a-half G's.

tf108 - though I've seen the pics you're talking about, according to the AD this is a one off and no other colours are available.

Very good review, informative and refreshing. Allow me to point you to a similar thread at RepGeek, in which some other details of this so-called v2 in comparison with the v1 are discussed: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=94494&highlight=calibre+1

There you'll see that we called this present version as v3, because Time4Direct (PWC, Robert, etc) offered a v2 before the present one showed up everywhere. You'll also realise that a super-rep of this calibre v1 requires some parts of v1, v2 and this v3 (well, I call it v3) to be combined.

@mastrmindalliance: would you mind taking the time to take a photograph with the seconds hand pointing exactly to 22s? To be more specific, it would be very nice of you to take the same photo as your first one (gen and rep side-by-side), but with the replica's seconds hand at the same position as the gen's. This new picture would allow us to gauge the dimensional accuracy of the seconds hand on the replica.

I also noticed that the 45, 50, 55, and 60 seconds red markers seem to be "doubled". Maybe an artifact of photography?

Thank you.

And yes, both the v1 and the version from Robert have said logo. I have both versions, and will buy this new one to build a closer-to-gen franken. I love this Calibre 1! Oh, and the replica leather strap is PAPER thin; a customized leather strap is a nice compliment to this gorgeous watch.

Did anyone buy the V1? Does the clasp have said logo?

Edited by AstroAvia

And yes, both the v1 and the version from Robert have said logo. I have both versions, and will buy this new one to build a closer-to-gen franken. I love this Calibre 1! Oh, and the replica leather strap is PAPER thin; a customized leather strap is a nice compliment to this gorgeous watch.

Thanks for the tip-off AstroAvia. Very informative. I will take the pic as requested no probs in the next day or so.

I wonder, seeing as you have two correct buckles, what it would take for you to part with one of them? Though if cheap enough I might just buy one of earlier versions you mentioned for the other parts, particularly the hands.

Also a question... Do either of the other versions have a better logo marking on the rear (the one at six o'clock)?

Thanks for the tip-off AstroAvia. Very informative. I will take the pic as requested no probs in the next day or so.

I wonder, seeing as you have two correct buckles, what it would take for you to part with one of them? Though if cheap enough I might just buy one of earlier versions you mentioned for the other parts, particularly the hands.

Also a question... Do either of the other versions have a better logo marking on the rear (the one at six o'clock)?

My two buckles are in use, one in the Calibre 1 and the other with my Carrera Racing! Yes, I am using the Calibre 1 rubber strap on my Carrera Racing, which originally came with the bracelet. And since we're speaking of buckles, let me remind you that the applied logo on the buckles has to be glued at the risk of being lost without prior notice. It has been reported by many that their logos went MIA... mine almost went as well, but I was fortunate enough to find the logo on the ground where it fell.

As for the logo on the movement, I can not tell right now because I don't have the watches with me. What I do recall is that some other fellows have argued that the bridges are not decorated, they have a thin foil applied with the decoration instead.

Hey, here is the seconds at 22 shot as requested:

tag-shot22secs.jpg

As you can see this hand, like the others, is also a little shorter. But you can see it's not at exactly the same angle, the shot may make it look worse than it is.

Was hard to snare this shot with a non hacking movement.

Still, A great rep for the money!

Nice watch, I need one dress watch and will buy that Tag Cal1 v2 probably.

It is bigger then usually dress watch`es are. 43mm is ok for me.

edit: TAG CAL1 V2is ordered :thumbsupsmileyanim: , will wait a week or more and when watch is here then hopefully I can add some pic`s and comments also.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

beautiful watch with nice reliable movement, biggest flaw - this is a fantasy version, as the gen is PVD and that is a stainless steel version :)

Thanks for the tip off! I'll be sure to mention this to both the Authorised Tag Heuer Dealers who i've seen stocking this fantasy model.

:rofl:

In actual fact, there is no PVD version, and no white dialed version (those reps are fantasy's). There were 6000 Calibre 1's made by Tag Heuer and they all look a lot like the rep in this review. ;)

holy sh*t, then how's that watch in left is so BLAAAACK :bicycle::blink: oh yea, thats Marketing shot :rofl: ok, living and learning, thanks for clearing it :victory:

compar1.jpg

Thanks for the tip off! I'll be sure to mention this to both the Authorised Tag Heuer Dealers who i've seen stocking this fantasy model.

:rofl:

In actual fact, there is no PVD version, and no white dialed version (those reps are fantasy's). There were 6000 Calibre 1's made by Tag Heuer and they all look a lot like the rep in this review. ;)

• 1 month later...

Well, guys, I now have what once was sul's Calibre 1! I bought it a while ago but only received it here in Brazil this past weekend. The wait was worth it, as this version of the replica is VERY close to the genuine article. And now that I have this newer version in my hands I can firmly say that the two previous versions of the replica suck big time!!! This v3 is a whole new watch, mostly because of the correct bezel thickness.

The watch is substantially bigger, for a start. Not because the case is much bigger than before (it is slightly bigger), but as the bezel is now much thinner (and correct, by the way), the all-dial design makes the watch wear bigger than the other replica versions. And to accommodate the thinner bezel, a larger sapphire - and thicker as well, as it now sits higher than the bezel - and larger dial had to be produced. To keep the relative sizes of dial and hour markers, the latter have also increased in size, as as well as the prominent "12".

The AR is VERY good, but not the clear invisible treatment as the genuine; it's blue/purple hued instead, but again, VERY good and much better than before (the other versions of the replica).

Last, but no least, the lug size is 22mm, but I don't know what size the genuine is. Nevertheless, the strap tappers down to the correct size at the buckle, so the buckles are interchangeable (with a carrera racing, for instance).

The watch is gorgeous as a horological piece, and the replication is excellent.

Thank you Sul for the great deal.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...