When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Music Lovers - What are you listening to right now?

By-Tor

Well, you'll like this BT... I just set my iPod to randomize across all 8G of songs, and Freewill by Rush from the Permanent Waves album came on. And we'll have to agree to disagree about when Rush hit their peak. By the time A Show of Hands rolled around, Geddy's voice had lost quite a bit. But that was still a great tour, and I *was* there. :)

And of course, full collection randomization is - well - RANDOM!! Next in line was Brandenberg Concerto No. 5 in D Major - I Allegro conducted by the one and only Ton Koopman.

Rush_Permanent_Waves.jpg

I have been playing this album to death after hearing one of the tracks played at the end of the film Death Sentence.

6146EY2ASJL__AA240_.jpg

Its by Pilot Speed and the album is called Into The West, The track Alright is my favorite(the one that plays during the credits of Death Sentence)

Be lucky all :)

The B 52's were great, as much of the early 80's bands that came and went, Romeo Void, who did "Might like you better if we slept together", The Vapors, "I think Im turning Japanese", Talking Heads, Blondie, Ramones, Tears For Fears, Wall of Voo Doo, "I'm on a Mexican radio", Oingo Boingo, The Romantics, The Pretenders, even Haircut 100, "Love plus one". There was some fantastic and creative music in this period which was the birth of the music video and MTV. I watched MTV on it's first broadcast day in my Waikiki

condo on August 1st 1980. The next day I hooked my stereo up to my TV and a whole new way of life began. The music is what always takes you back.

I'm starting the morning with this prog classic: King Crimson: Red

King-Crimson-Red-266989.jpg

I'm working with my stepfather in the same office, and he can't stand my Zappa, Crimson and John McLaughlin albums... but today he's on a business trip... so rock on! :D

I am rarely able to make it through an entire album from most artists, but I have been listening to the Violent Femmes for most of the day, especially the song 'Blister in the Sun'. Great tune. At this very minute, I am listening to a demo recording of a tune I penned many moons ago that I just received from an old friend. With apologies to George Gershwin.......wacka-doo.......wacka-doo.