When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Music Lovers - What are you listening to right now?

By-Tor

RWG got me into John Mayer. What an amazing performer/musician! Bought his last 2 albums, but don't know this one. Is it the one with all the blues songs?

Really looking forward meeting you in Brussels, so we can talk a lot about watches and music (playing) :)

Yes, it's the guitar trio album with Steve Jordan on Drums and Pino Palladino on Bass...seriously awesome stuff, more like hearing John live, where he let's his guitar playing shine much more than he does in the studio. That dude is a savant or something...anyway, get the Try! album if you like Hendrix, he covers a couple of his tunes and the whole album feels like that kind of stuff. I'm also looking forward to Brussels, we'll talk more about this stuff then...I feel like I just hijacked this thread! :oops:

Dream Theater made some nice albums in the early nineties, like "Images and Words". But they have put out some disappointing efforts too. The newest one, Systematic Chaos is actually pretty good... and I've been listening to it quite a bit, just like now.

DreamTheaterSystematicChaosFinalCover.jpg

Ah!!! Dream Theater, a art-rock fan that we have here (influence by Rush). I can suggest in same style, PlanetX, Derek Sherinian, Liquid Tension Experiment, Arena, Joe Satriani, etc.

Rush was my favorite group when I in my 16 years old, but after discovered classic music, Yes, Genesis, and Italian progressive group, and some art-rock stuff, Rush are now far behind, I listen them just by nostalgia ;)

I listen now new-age stuff, George Winston, piano, with this bad/sad weather here. :(

.....anyway, get the Try! album if you like Hendrix, he covers a couple of his tunes and the whole album feels like that kind of stuff. I'm also looking forward to Brussels, we'll talk more about this stuff then...I feel like I just hijacked this thread! :oops:

Then I must have this album too :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

And to get back on topic I'm going to listen to his version of Axes, Bold As Love as we speak......

As I type I'm listening to a classic (or it should be) DMB Before these Crowded Streets...I forgot how great this album is...especially through some decent Grado cans!

Totally agree here. Their best studio work... even better than "Under the table and dreaming".

Carter is the man!!!

Hey Victoria New Order and Joy division are nice!!!

New order also plays a lot of JD songs.

Good eye, Manny. :)

Not sure if posting my selections have made people realise, but I love post-punk and reggae most of all. And I love "clean" sounds -- Joy Division are the epitome of that.

Check out Shiny Toy Guns, if you like that, Manuel!

(Can't wait to watch the DVD of "Control", the film about Ian Curtis)

I saw it at the Grosvenor Cinema in Glasgow. Afterwards, there was a discussion about it with Stuart Braithwaite of Mogwai and the head Psychiatrist of a local loony bin. Highly interesting and an excellent movie.