When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPS - the parcel that never arrived although signed for

Hi!

I have been very busy with my parcel problem and have found the following none-official result. It seams that the UPS guy left the parcel in front of my door, signed that I received it and then left. It lay there for half a day and one night, (most likely less), as I did not leave the house that day, because I work from at home!

The diver called me up today, as he was questioned on the case and offered me 100

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firsty it is a breach of his job description, along with fraud. Who knows how often he has done this in the past, the only reason he is showing any 'remorse' here is that he got caught. Were he in a cashier job at a supermarket he would be pocketing every 5th transaction rather than putting the money in the till. Fry him!

Yes that is true, so I now will get my baseball bat, go over and find out if he is lying or if I have to excuse myself for my slightly behaviour...give me 5 mins, I am right back!

No, he does not have it! I allready asked the neighbors before posting this thread!

Ask UPS to get the "deliveryman" to physically in the place, indicate to which door he delivered the package.

Ask UPS to give you a written answer regarding the 100 USD refund and also to give you a copy of the written std procedure where it says about the (100 USD) refund.

BTW , these procedures can only be valid if they are made available when the service was contracted.

In any case , ...... it will be pretty hard to get anything out of them.

Ask UPS to get the "deliveryman" to physically in the place, indicate to which door he delivered the package.

Ask UPS to give you a written answer regarding the 100 USD refund and also to give you a copy of the written std procedure where it says about the (100 USD) refund.

BTW , these procedures can only be valid if they are made available when the service was contracted.

In any case , ...... it will be pretty hard to get anything out of them.

He left it lying in front of house and signed it himself! So end of story... until now!

tell him to find your stuff (maybe he kept it, and would rather give it back than pay 450 eur) or to reimburse what you paid for it, otherwise you'll be forced to deal with UPS. Maybe you even know someone personally at the local news station that would love this story, you might tell him.

NEVER us UPS unless you have absolutely no choice. Use USPS only, for everything/anything. If UPS loses your stuff, your a rat in a maze, and you're not getting out. Just trust me on this.

I would Personnaly settle this with the driver.

I am sure he has learned its lesson. But I will ask for the total value of your item + some more for the hassle! If he does not agree, get him fired.

It happen to me not too long ago, I order stuff every week from a store that uses UPS and the same drive always deliver to me or my secretary. But recently he delivered my order to another building next to mine. I was looking at the tracking and saw that the package arrived and was signed by someone not in my office. This funny enough, was the first time I did not use insurance to cover the full value but only 100$. Few hours later I did receive a call from the person who received the package and asked me if I could come pick it up.

The company I do business now is not using UPS as much as they used to and moved to Purolator. Good Thing!!

SOOOO many horror stories with UPS. THAT and Insane Custom fees. Ordered a 50$ items once and the custom fee of 70$ What the hell?

He left it lying in front of house and signed it himself! So end of story... until now!

ooops . .... didn' red cerafully the whole story. Sorry :bangin:

As others said. Ask him to pay you the 450 Euros. If not, report him to UPS, fill a claim, and then let him deal with the consequences of his acts.

• 4 weeks later...

No, nearly, but I will have to live with this! :wounded1: It got difficult and dirty and I did not want to black mail the guy!

Never a need for blackmail, but I would hope that he will be fired for what happened... Glad you got some returns from it all :good:

• 2 weeks later...

The world is full of wonders and miracles…

I just went out side to take the dog (11 year old red Cocker Spaniel) for a walk…and guess what is lying at my door!.....YES, my lost parcel……I am not sure who, what or why…but IT IS THERE! …out of the blue….I do not know what to say! And it is not even opened, the watch is inside!..... really, I am speechless! So now I will call the UPS guy and give him his money back…

I really would like to know where it came from after 6 weeks....

The world is full of wonders and miracles…

I just went out side to take the dog (11 year old red Cocker Spaniel) for a walk…and guess what is lying at my door!.....YES, my lost parcel……I am not sure who, what or why…but IT IS THERE! …out of the blue….I do not know what to say! And it is not even opened, the watch is inside!..... really, I am speechless! So now I will call the UPS guy and give him his money back…

I really would like to know where it came from after 6 weeks....

Good to hear that, maybe someone from RWG read this thread and returned you the same watch ;-)