When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat B01

fijiman

I decided to go with B01 inspite of the infamous sunken DW and mixed comments about it's look. I went with burgundy roman numerals and rubber strap. I think it gives it a dressy look yet rugged with the rubber strap. Plus I like the unconventional color.

First Impression

The AR is pretty decent. The blue tint does not show unless held in certain position.

The numbers of the bezels are very close to the gen. However, gen has rounded corners whereas this one has squared corners. It is barely noticeble unless you see it at a 6" distance and you are a "RWGfied"

The weight is heavy! It feels like a rock on your wrist which is what makes breitling a breitling. I think they did a good job with it.

The pearl is very impressive. They were able to nail it. Compared to other Breits, this one is very close to gen.

Beware

The infamous sunken DW. Yes, it is there but once you get over that fact, it's acceptable. Plus, it is not noticeable when you where. No one is going to stare at the datewheel to figure out if its gen or rep.

The white markers on dail (yellow circle) are not same as gen. In gen, every second marker it thicker than rest.

The 3,6,9 lumes are slightly smaller than gen (I think). In gen those lumes are same size as 12 o'clock lume.

I didn't get a chance to take marco photos yet. I'll do that this weekend, however, here are couple to compare with gen.

Enjoy! B)

post-26777-126955864999_thumb.jpg

post-26777-126955866239_thumb.jpg

post-26777-126955869301_thumb.jpg

Edited by fijiman

Damn that's an adventurous color. Congrats for having guts to be different.

I'm not sure if I like this model. But it has nothing to do with the rep, it's the design of the watch. Two things: Pearl is awful on both gen and rep, and also the way bracelet connects to the case is just weird.

But I guess this is another piece that takes time to get adjusted to.

The rep is pretty decent, apparently. The sunked dw thing is not an "issue" because there's no way to replicate it properly anyway. That wouldn't bother me.

Thanks for the pics. Very informative.

Nice work Fijiman!! This is exactly what I was hoping to do before I got hurt the other week!! Same colour as well, you have good taste bud!! lol

Thanks for sharing man, saved me a job anyways!! haha.

Sixx :bones:

Thanks, good for info fijiman

As to the colour "De gustibus non est disputandum".

I like the blue one with blue sub-dials but Roman numerals make it bit busy for me. Having said that after seeing multiple pictures recently I am warming up though ... .

lol

i'm crap at reviews! ...and at pics too, compared to the talents on these boards. ;)

I'll give it a try though....once i get it.

I was going to get the carbon black (aka blackeye grey) but from the official pics, the datewheel should be BLACK and not white as the rep!

• 3 months later...

I found a gen photo for dial color comparison. The rep dial color is not 100% accurate but it's not that much off, either. The gen dial seems to have a bit more matte, brownish tone on it.

u13049t1253608058-1.jpg

Hey guys, for those of you who are holding off on getting a B01 because of the sunken DW, I have one with the raised DW mod for sale on RWI: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fs-2x-rolex-1x-breitling-57129.html?t=57129 I hope it's ok for me to link to it. If not, my apologies, and feel free to delete my post.