When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2836-2 or Asian 3135, which the best one ?

falconeye

i would go with the Asian it being more similar to the rolex movement....but the ETA is a great and well proven movement...but really doesnt matter much..who will look inside your watch???.. but would guess service on the ETA is easier since every watchmaker knows it in and out

Why pay for an Asian clone "Rolex style" movement with mods that falls apart (and can't be seen unless you open the watch anyway) when you can get a true Swiss ETA movement for the same price? :bangin:

Seriously, it's a no brainer, get the ETA version! ;)

Asian Rolex style movements are one of the biggest rip off's on the rep scene today, factories must be making fat profit margins with them.....

Note: Before answering I will disclose that I have not opened any of the watches I will describe in my answer. So, I can only go by what the watch seller provided in the website description and what I ordered.

My first DSSD was the one with the clone 3135 movement. It ran perfectly and kept an average of 6 seconds per day. I kept this particular watch for about two months. The only thing was that it had the "incorrect 10" bezel and it nagged at me. But, I ran (between 4 and 6 miles) with that watch, and took it to the gym with no rattles and no issues. Needless to say, it was very reliable while I had it. But, again, I only had it for two months. I sold it.

Then, I got the ETA movment in another DSSD with the correct 10 bezel already installed. This particular watch keeps an unreal accuracy of 2 seconds per day. My gen Omega SMP, or Rolex Explorer II do not keep 2 seconds loss per day.

So, to be honest, both watches turned out great.

And how can we recognize a genuine ETA from a chineese ETA. I know the chineese ETA is more noisy but when I ask for serial number of the movement for checking if it is a genuine ETA, nobody answers :(

If I ask for pics and show you on the forum, will you be able to recognize if it's a true or false watch ?

Thanks.

/

ETA, the 3135 is nothing but a modded clone of the ETA, it is mechanicaly no different it just has parts that fall off.

I think they will make a better more reliable version may cost even more,but with ETA limiting supply they have so many

movements out there i dont think even some sellers know what quality they are selling i have had some gen etas give me problems and some asian 21j have been so reliable it must be the way they are put together but as you say the etas are easy to service i think the clones are being sold too pricy and if parts fall off ,the eta is the way to go or an asian

my self i prefer the movement to work like the gen i mean if its a vintage then to have a slow beat and slow date change if it a modern rep then have a fast beat smooth sweep as you said no one looks at the movement i have been replacing on vintage reps some of my 2836-2 s with used older gen eta that have the slow beat as they work close to the gen movements of the time.

The 3135clone is a reliable movement with out the bits on it as it is the same as an ETA

The issue with the 3135s is that they ARE an ETA clone with bits on them to look like a 3135 that means that they are as easy to service as an ETA, but why pay the price they are asking for a clone that looks like a 3135 but no one will see it and has the chance of being stopped by an addition that is not visible any way falling off. Just pay the prices for the standard clone, then if it breaks then it is interchangeable with a swiss eta, it is serviceable like an ETA and it costs less

I just dont understand why people are paying for them :bangin:

The 3135clone is a reliable movement with out the bits on it as it is the same as an ETA

The issue with the 3135s is that they ARE an ETA clone with bits on them to look like a 3135 that means that they are as easy to service as an ETA, but why pay the price they are asking for a clone that looks like a 3135 but no one will see it and has the chance of being stopped by an addition that is not visible any way falling off. Just pay the prices for the standard clone, then if it breaks then it is interchangeable with a swiss eta, it is serviceable like an ETA and it costs less

I just dont understand why people are paying for them :bangin:

Because that bridge looks good babe :clapping: looks are important for replica geeks :bangin: .....we want the replicas to imitate the real thing as much as possible so its a natural evolution....3135 proably a step in the right direction IMO :drinks: its replica evolution unfolding

That is the point though it is not a bridge both are cocks as they are not joined, it is like putting a huge spoiler and body kit on a 1.1L car, worse than useless.

If they had made it a propper bridge then it would have a use as it would be more stable and would not be hard for them to make it with adjustable height to get the correct end shake.

If they had made it a propper bridge then it would have a use as it would be more stable

I agree with this and hope this will one day come along...still its a step in that direction (I think)

That is the point though it is not a bridge both are cocks as they are not joined, it is like putting a huge spoiler and body kit on a 1.1L car, worse than useless.

If they had made it a propper bridge then it would have a use as it would be more stable and would not be hard for them to make it with adjustable height to get the correct end shake.

what do you think about the eta based customised movements? they are a single bridge with decoration not authentic looking

but using gen etas i think there are one or two selling them but a bit pricy they should be more reliable has anyone bought one of these? see on ETA911 site

+1 on andy. The screw attaching the "faux" bridge on the one I received was loose when I checked it so I removed but my rotor was tight, though. I removed the fake piece and the mounting for the balance is just a cantilever. If they do make this where it's one piece and attaches solidly at both ends then I would think it a plus. I suppose that with a dab of JB Weld... :whistling:

May as well buy a true Swiss ETA for the same cost, or a stock/untouched Asian clone (no Rolex style crap) for about $100 or so less....

These "Rolex style" Asian clone movements are just a means to inflate profits, they are a total waste of money. Sticky back plastic covering the rotor screw, some poor engravings, a couple of fake stuck on plates and coloured gears, all unseen too, they are just junk :rolleyes:

Can't say it enough....

• 7 years later...