When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did you ever get lucky on ebay?

praetor

• 1 month later...

@ 10 years ago I scored this on a BIN @ 3 minutes after it was posted for sale for $435.00...BNIB....It was 36 miles from where I was staying in Rhode Island...I drove there the same day and picked it up for cash before the seller got cold feet!!...

101_0078.jpg

An Omega Dynamic Chronograph BNIB with papers...It was @3 years old, still bearing the original Italian price tag.

I still wear it whenever I feel the need to wear a gen.....And it still looks and runs like new!!

I have turned down several offers to at least double my money on it over the years...

Since this model was only made for a short period, it'll only increase in value....My youngest grand daughter has already laid claim to it when my time to go comes!! ;) ;)

Edited by frankt

I just got lucky on a 16014 case. Looked pretty rough in the pictures, but when I got it I was amazed at how good of shape it was actually in when it arrived. Paid far less for the whole case (including crystal, crown and tube) than I would have just buying the white gold bezel, which is what I was really after.

Perhaps the seller cleaned it up before sending, but now I have a really nice second caseset to do something with ... :confused:

Have been looking at the 1016 Explorer threads as of late. Maybe will go that route ... :)

• 3 months later...

Only with the buy it now! too stressful and items such as vintage rolex sub tudor ect there is always someone that will bid more than my budget! so i only look at buy it now!

• 3 weeks later...

it's just like buying stocks... without hard limit and discipline, you could spend far more than you should. Some items do get bid up crazy. Some other time, the listing is done poorly (title lacks details, etc) bc people who want it don't find the item, or the photo is so bad (but the real thing is actually nice) - in these cases, you can score nice items for good price.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Put them flags out i actually won an item on ebay ! 7 bidders for a raymond weil dail and movement well my interest is in the movement it was listed as a eta 2892-2 21j

but after blowing up the photos its actually a 2892-A2 eta with 31 jewels i put my bid up to 70 usd in the last few minutes and got it for 46.10 usd plus 7 usd shipping

the watch dial looks like its from the 1970s when did these movements first come out? i wonder if these will work with a gen date sub? with regards to the date window alignment? i will need a dw

post-27094-0-81795300-1351499788_thumb.j

here is the dial that comes with the movement not a bad dial at all

post-27094-0-45025800-1351500193_thumb.j

she will get a full service

Edited by aeromatic

Well Put them flags out i actually won an item on ebay ! 7 bidders for a raymond weil dail and movement well my interest is in the movement it was listed as a eta 2892-2 21j

but after blowing up the photos its actually a 2892-A2 eta with 31 jewels i put my bid up to 70 usd in the last few minutes and got it for 46.10 usd plus 7 usd shipping

the watch dial looks like its from the 1970s when did these movements first come out? i wonder if these will work with a gen date sub? with regards to the date window alignment? i will need a dw

post-27094-0-81795300-1351499788_thumb.j

here is the dial that comes with the movement not a bad dial at all

post-27094-0-45025800-1351500193_thumb.j

she will get a full service

my question i meant to say will this movement work with a gen sub dial!

Well yet again i have been outbid at the last moment i dont think this is fair at all i put my max bid on a gen gmt dial i was way in the lead right up to the end then zero time i was outbid to late to do anthing about it, and after it ended then i get the outbid warning asking me to bid again WTF !

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I spent $425 on a first generation iPod about 10 years ago. I was stoked that I'd be one of the first ones to get it. Well, haven't gotten it yet. I think it's stuck in a sort facility or something. But it'll be sweet when that thing arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a couple SS Consellations at great prices 5-6 years ago.

Now days - it's different.

I am sure there have been times when I was getting lucky - and - just happened to be logged into ebay but I don't guess that counts. :)

my genstein 5513 build is entirely ebay luck. all gen parts other than the midcase and caseback were ebay purchases for a very "lucky" price. It's mostly about patience, and, looking on different country ebay sites, there are sometimes parts or items on international ebay urls that dont show up in .com and go somewhat unnoticed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...