When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did you ever get lucky on ebay?

praetor

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted a gen Ap Royal oak quartz movement and dial a few months ago with one bid and two days left. I made a bid of £50 out of instinct but never thought I would win it and I thought maybe the bids were going to go into the hundreds. A few days later when the auction was over i noticed it had gone for only £89. I was absolutely gutted .

I also bought a rep Rolex dial and eta movement which I believed to be genuine at first. It was my own fault for not reading the listing properly and I assumed it was gen as the seller had great feedback and they sold antiques. I tried to message the seller back a few weeks later and they ignored me. £365 down the drain.#

The majority of my ebay purchases have been pleasant with a few good buys like my gen AP ROO 2226 movement, Cartier Calibre 049 and a few Rolex cases for franken projects :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Jorge9

Guess you know the Chinese web www.melchic.es have very good prices now (although appear anywhere without shipping), cheaper than individuals.

I bought a while ago and I'm back to ordering  BMW、Bvlgari、CASIO、OMEGA、watch、north face jackets, if anyone is interested in quality, etc.. I upload photos and comment on it when they get things.

Guest jandr0

Bro , I buy everything there ( hostyles ) , and seriously, without problem. Luck . pardon me .. I also just registered and did not know this at forums subs thanks

• 1 month later...

I have had some decent buy years ago. The best IMHO opinion was in 2007 before gold went all kinds of insane. I was able to get a 50s era, hand wound Gerard Perragaux for around $270 if I remember right. It's 14K and signed in 3 inner parts. It's a thin 22mm sundial with average aging but the movement worked. I've looked recently and there isn't any great deals, especially on Gens with Gold cases. I've seen some Gen parts at decent price but always so much time left.

FYI, I'm new to the forum or let's say I haven't posted a lot. Just signed in through tapatalk, but have been active on RepGeek for almost a full year. I've been into gen and rep watches since 1992, back in the days of horrid canal street garbage date just and Gucci crap. Things are so

Much better post 2007 but prices have gone up markedly. Balancing that is better quality from the factories and TDs.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I was lucky but, have been looking for a gen Franck Muller strap that isn't neon croc and sub $300. I finally obtained a Gen FM alligator in Black with white stitching to match the white sunburst dial on my Casablanca for $250. It beats the $550+ I have been seeing all year.

That deal on the Gen planet ocean is superb as used 42mm in excellent can still fetch >$2500 with all the documentation... The PO was one of my favorites, so traded a very good friend in late 2007. Would have given it to him for sticking his neck way out for me. Nice score.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have more luck on Tinder than eBay... But I have bought numerous vintage items, well priced, on eBay in the past.

My best purchase ever was a Tudor Sub.

It was dated III-67 (same as me), and was a 7928/0, small rose, gilt dial beauty with a 7836 bracelet (380 ends), and a Rolex buckle for a leather strap thrown in for a bonus.

This was about 10 years ago, and the price...

$65.

• 2 weeks later...