When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By-Tor's All-Star Team 2010

By-Tor

Great post By-tor....my taste in watches really has become very similar to yours, because I consider each one of those a classic! I really miss my Exp2 (it was a bad decision to sell that one!)

I really do need to get hold of one of those Ebel's, I have read all of the great reviews, now I think it's time to try one! BTW, have you tried the new Aquaracer yet, I think it's one you might enjoy :)

Thank you for the interest, all!

BTW, have you tried the new Aquaracer yet, I think it's one you might enjoy :)

Oh yeah, I've been thinking about it. It's a great looker... but you know me, I love blue dials and the rep blue dial is absolutely NOTHING like the gen. It's totally off, and I'm not sure if the black one does it for me.

Do you still have yours?

Beautiful watches By-Tor... I know what you mean about the SMP Pros... I have my gen Bond on my wrist at the moment, my Ti Bond chrono got stolen years ago :(

That SFSO is screaming at me too ;)

Off topic, but in regards to your avatar, I saw Rush in a movie theater in framingham MA back around 1979... what a concert!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great post BT :)

Like many of the WISs on the forums, you've spent so much time, money and effort in testing and tasting the gazillions of watches out there. It comes as no surprise to read about how you came to own "watch x" after countless reps of "watch x". I sympathise with you there!

Its great to see that you have evolved your collection to something as close to perfection as you would like. The 10 watch philosophy seems to work well, as you said, the watches do get their fair share of wrist time. Although I thought it was 10 REPs, not including gens!! :bleh:

I noticed something else about your collection, they are all actually perfectly attainable watches! Granted, the gens are expensive - but there is nothing in the collection to suggest ostentation or flamboyance! Well done on achieving the right balance!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Importr

I noticed something else about your collection, they are all actually perfectly attainable watches! Granted, the gens are expensive - but there is nothing in the collection to suggest ostentation or flamboyance! Well done on achieving the right balance!

Thanks man.

Funny thing is, I'm a big fan of gold watches. But most of them are dressy and smallish, and I think that they wouldn't look good on me. I don't like to dress up that often and wear lots of sporty clothes. Gold watch with that kind of clothing style wouldn't look that good.

Gold isn't fashionable right now, but perfect balanced collection needs one TT/gold piece. Maybe one day I'll find something that I could comfortably wear.

Thanks again. :)

• 4 weeks later...

BY-TOR -

I've been admiring your watches and reviews for a year or so now. Thanks for all the help for us newbies. I am out to purchase a Sub LV, as well as a watch in ceramic white for my wife. First question is where would you get the best LV you can find. I've had great success through joshua and would use him again. Also, I like the Chanel J12 for my wife...any experience with that?

Thanks to anyone who may have some feedback.

Thanks Gentlemen.

I'm very happy with these watches and currently I don't even have any new purchases in mind.

Well, besides a 42mm Planet Ocean. But let's see how the new one turns out first.

Thanks Gentlemen.

I'm very happy with these watches and currently I don't even have any new purchases in mind.

Well, besides a 42mm Planet Ocean. But let's see how the new one turns out first.

Any idea on where to by a 50th Sub? Was thinking from Joshua but am open to suggestions. Thanks again fr all the info...awesome late night reading when I'm stuck watching some dumb show with my wife...

Seeker