When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Okabum

Let me tell you the end of an amazing story, a story of love for watches, friendship and art, yes art.

Last friday was a big day for me, after about 90 days I ws going to get my MM from Oka, all the morning at work I was really excited, I think guys you al know what I mean...

We got together for lunch, we were four people around a table talking about our watches, forums and other life stories...again, something you all have lived for sure. On the table there were two black bags, the maiale on them was promissing....

61521.jpg

I was really nervous at this moment, opened it and found this trave case, this goes better I thought...

61523.jpg

The Xª insignia was there....exciting, isn´t it?

61524.jpg

And once open the beast began to show herself...

61525.jpg

Let´s see the beast...

615214.jpg

If I only could let you know how I felt at tis moment....no words can describe my feelings at that moment, so let me tell you somethings about the watch and about the people who mae it possible.

THE WATCH

61527.jpg

On a DSN standard case was fitted an Okás crownguard. plexi front and domed plexi back. Ross dial and Oka´s molnija hands completed the piece that was propelled by a modde molnija....

61528.jpg

Please note the work on the movement and the crownguard insciption, don´t miss the seven marked at the old way with a punch...well really amazing isn´t it?, caeback is a DSN open standard. Inside there is the retention ring made by Vikingo99, you cannot see it but it is there and it is capital to keep the moevement in place. Case bars were as well made by Okabum

Let me show as well what Pablo (Okabum´s made for me

615213.jpg

Close caseback shows Xª Flottiglia inscriptiona and my initials... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This beautiful piece wuldn´t be complete without an acordding strap and buckle.

615210.jpg

Strap was made by Jacobs and the buckle is made of brass following original sizes by Vikingo99, all according to the origins...

Wow! I was forgetting the case lugs!!!

615220.jpg

615221.jpg

615211.jpg

And a last pic...

615212.jpg

THE PEOPLE

Let me say something about the people who made this watch real, Pablo and Jose, Okabum and Vikingo99. I consider them my friends and so don´t believe my words about their work...only watch the pics, With this watch I have got what I always look for with this hobby, enjoying myself with my friends talking about watches and about life...I got both things last friday, it was magic, and believe me guys that seldom happens...

Thanks Pablo and JOse

Thank you guys for rading

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...