When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ploprof in 10 days!

prdubis

There must be a TON of happy feet appliques for the factories to go through. Once exhausted, maybe then they'll produce the correct ones?

One thing's for sure... I don't think it's best for us to unload these criticisms on the dealers. It's not their fault per se (they're doing the best they can, I think). I do wish they would engage the collective knowledge and braintrust of the forum at an earlier developmental stage to help correct these small issues prior to going into full production. I think it would be a relatively small step that would be of great benefit to the factories, dealers and end consumer all said and done....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do wish they would engage the collective knowledge and braintrust of the forum at an earlier developmental stage to help correct these small issues prior to going into full production. I think it would be a relatively small step that would be of great benefit to the factories, dealers and end consumer all said and done....

one watch that this seemed to happen on was the big bang, which marked angus' return to the rep game. not sure how many people remember the 20+ page thread with updates and criticisms along the way, but that was one of the only watches where it really felt like the boards had a real impact on the final product (and look at what a high quality replication the big bang turned out to be).

anyways, i know we would love to participate in these replications; i just wonder how much hassle the factories are really willing to deal with...

deltatahoe

I would assume it'd be easier to make the logo without happy feet.

But has an Omega rep ever been made without happy feet? All of mine have happy feet, even the original 007 SMP 300M which doesn't have a separate logo from the dial. It is painted on lol.

With flat feet on the 42mm PO, I'd go on it. Without flat feet, debatable... Proplof? I don't know wasn't planning on purchasing it anyway but it would have been interesting to see the factories switching gears after all these many years of happy feet. Which I believe happy feet was the old fashioned original Omega logo and for some reason the factories keep shoveling them at us although it is no longer used, sans their web site.

Anywho... hoping for that 42mm PO next soon. It was said that it will come out in June. Hopefully that is within the next couple of weeks :) I've held onto my money this long and I can hold onto it a bit longer ;) especially if most of the flaws are fixed. I am totally guessing that the caseback this time will have the globe logo. It was amazing to see that on the Proplof rep!

But not trying to hijack the thread, back on topic with the Proplof.

Edited by amptor

But has an Omega rep ever been made without happy feet?

yes, see below my first 45mm planet ocean rep. it was a cheaper version that i ordered solely because of the logo. it turned out to have a lot more other flaws compared to the ultimate (which i also bought). because of the price point, i have since sold both and purchased the genuine. regarding the ploprof, i too am surprised to see this logo. anyway, i'm no expert but will be sure to post some pics when mine arrives!

DSC04429.jpg

wheaton26, that one looks really good and the font looks decent as well. I'm not sure if the date window is suppose to be framed on the 45mm or not though. It is on the 42mm.

silix claims to sell a better 42mm PO than the 4th generation right now too. nobody has become a guinea pig yet though.

So here are the flaws that we can see just from the pics:

- Omega logo has happy feet

- dial lume looks more green than blue

- bezel numbers and bezel itself appears more grey than white/black

- bezel numbers are too thinn

- the deployant buckle engraving is not deep/crisp enough

Will this turn me off buying it? Nah

But the information that this is the lite-version and there will be a 1:1 version soon stops me from buying this.

Allthough the price is very nice.

Makes me think again,

Theo

P.S.: Who knows the lug-size? :g:

I just clicked the order button! Now the wait begins. I just hope they'll rep the orange strap and the mesh bracelet too.

Too bad about the happy feet logo, but hey it's like half the price I expected it to be. If it's good I'll put a Swiss ETA in it and use it as a real beater and give it some nice battle scars.

I know it's a clone, I was saying that I'll wait for one with a Swiss movement and by that time someone will do a decent review of the case. I think the most important aspects of this watch are the case (with the bezel lock button) and the sapphire bezel.

I guess first thing is you never know if you are going to actually get ETA with the Cartel or any other dealers. The case has the bezel lock (just for show, doesn't work) and no sapphire bezel. You can't tell me that these factories don't have the ability to add both of those crucial attributes to that watch. I know a lot of people love this watch, and our demographic here is very small compared to their overall market; But it comes a point when you ask yourself are they just inept or that they think we will buy 5 versions of this to get the right one?

or that they think we will buy 5 versions of this to get the right one?

No bezel lock :shock:

That is exactly it....we tend to buy even if there will be 5 versions...

I guess the only solution is if all the memebrs of the replica boards decided to not buy a replica until it is acceptable....a sort of replica forum revolution....if we did not buy and gave the reasons why it would have to be fixed me thinks... ;) but it seems peole have already hit the button starting to buy this one before the details are out...

That is exactly it....we tend to buy even if there will be 5 versions...

I guess the only solution is if all the memebrs of the replica boards decided to not buy a replica until it is acceptable....a sort of replica forum revolution....if we did not buy and gave the reasons why it would have to be fixed me thinks... ;) but it seems peole have already hit the button starting to buy this one before the details are out...

Well the 5 versions thing, works great for apple lol,

That is a good idea, but does anyone know what percentage of total rep watch sales the forums make up?? The dealers advertise / sell on the web, so surely there are non-forum members also buying them?

I also agree with what Ubi said earlier. That surely the factories would benefit from a little research through the forums. They should have someone as a member of the forums taking notes on these little niggly annoying imperfections (yes I know, its a rep it will always have imperfections), but it will save everyone alot of time and money. Instead of bringing out a model with 10 imperfections, then fixing one imperfection and releasing a V1, then fixing another and calling it V2........VXXXX? Surely easier to do the research and get it as right as possible the first time.........

I have a feeling the 42mm PO will have happy feet..... :whistling: (but not such an issue as its easily modded).....

[

I also agree with what Ubi said earlier. That surely the factories would benefit from a little research through the forums. They should have someone as a member of the forums taking notes on these little niggly annoying imperfections (yes I know, its a rep it will always have imperfections

That is a wonderful idea :thumbsupsmileyanim: They should hire one of the experts on this forum to help them to this.

Even better if the factories themselves did som research on the forums :clapping:

Shame about the flaws.

Has anyone ever considered the idea that the flaws in the reps are there on purpose. Not so you by the next 3-5 variations but to keeps the Gen companies off the factories backs?

Think about it, if a rep was perfect there would be absolutely no reason to buy a gen (unless money was no object and it's purely for fashion) and the watch companies would probably put much more pressure on authorities to crack down on the rep factories.

Every now and then a true gem is released from the factories so we know what they are capable of creating. Is it just a coincidence that some super reps seem to dissapear from the traders? Cartier santos chrono with 7753? Breitilng soh v2? Why release an ultimate omega po and put the wrong logo on the dial? it wasn't a problem on previous versions.

I think that maybe these flaws keep the gen compaines complaining too much. We all sit at our computers wondering why nearly ever rep has flaws....Just a theory.