When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta Iwc Big Pilot

TmeShare

Longshot is 100% correct. I have reliable information that not only will the date wheel problem of the current BP rep be fixed, this rep will have a working power reserve as well.

The rumor is that the watch will be out before the end of the year

Some news about the watch everybody is waiting for ? :bangin:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

genuine has 38mm automatic movement?

which eta movement will used this watch? All eta automatic movements are 26mm and to small???

only unitas 6497 is possible but diffucult

it is possible to build a power reserve and a date in unitas (with module)... but i can´t belive it will be realized???

maybe they´ll used a asia movement?

genuine has 38mm automatic movement?

which eta movement will used this watch? All eta automatic movements are 26mm and to small???

only unitas 6497 is possible but diffucult

it is possible to build a power reserve and a date in unitas (with module)... but i can´t belive it will be realized???

maybe they´ll used a asia movement?

What about a 7750 asia is that not large enough and alow the seconds at 9 (might need spacing out a touch) and a PR modual, on trc the person who was supplying the info spoke about a PR of 4 days is this possible?? :g:

What about a 7750 asia is that not large enough and alow the seconds at 9 (might need spacing out a touch) and a PR modual, on trc the person who was supplying the info spoke about a PR of 4 days is this possible?? :g:

asia 7750?

with power reserve at 3?

hmmmmmmm :g:

7750 with date or gmt fuction on 3 o´clock exist (look chronoswiss), but power reserve?

Maybe a watch without working power reserve??? That is possible :whistling:

asia 7750?

with power reserve at 3?

hmmmmmmm :g:

7750 with date or gmt fuction on 3 o´clock exist (look chronoswiss), but power reserve?

Maybe a watch without working power reserve??? That is possible :whistling:

On TRC it did say working PR, from and enginering point of view any thing is possible, but will it work for long we know the swiss can do it so why cant the chinese?

On TRC it did say working PR, from and enginering point of view any thing is possible, but will it work for long we know the swiss can do it so why cant the chinese?

dear friend

all is possible, but if it worth it?

i think that chinese don´t build a movement special for one watch model???

Edited by tourbillon1801

Longshot is 100% correct. I have reliable information that not only will the date wheel problem of the current BP rep be fixed, this rep will have a working power reserve as well.

The rumor is that the watch will be out before the end of the year

And what say the rumor about the price - included working power reserve, "transferred" datedrive and same quality as existing best IWCs ?

sorry friends... i am mistaken

big pilot hasn´t small second on 9 o´clock... big second

it is possible... the movement must be the new eta A07.161 (VALGRANGES)

36.6mm and power reserve (46h) on 6 o´clock (and date on 3)... it is possible to rebuild this movement special for Big Pilot... power reserve on 3 o´clock and date on 6 o´clock

but not genuine eta... eta copy

:g::g::g:

look here longines with this caliber

Edited by tourbillon1801

sorry friends... i am mistaken

big pilot hasn´t small second on 9 o´clock... big second

it is possible... the movement must be the new eta A07.161 (VALGRANGES)

36.6mm and power reserve (46h) on 6 o´clock (and date on 3)... it is possible to rebuild this movement special for Big Pilot... power reserve on 3 o´clock and date on 6 o´clock

but not genuine eta... eta copy

:g::g::g:

look here longines with this caliber

142392-16585.jpg

Calibre Valgranges A07.161

The A07.161 version with date features a noble and useful complication, the power-reserve indicator; the ballbearing disconnecting-gear system relieves tension on the buffer indicator when the spring is fully wound.

Mechanical movement with lever escapement, automatic winding

28’800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz)

16 1/2’’’

24 jewels

Diameter: 36,60 mm

Thickness: 7,90 mm

Functions:

• hours, minutes, seconds

• power-reserve indicator

• date window

Index assembly: ETACHRON with fine rating adjustment

Power reserve: 48 hours

Jorge at timezone said

142392-16586.jpg

At Baselworld 2005, ETA introduced the Valgranges family of calibers to meet the growing demand for movements for larger cased watches. The Valgranges is based on the legendary Valjoux 7750 chronograph movement.

Here's the A07-161, which has 24 jewels, beating at 28,800 bph and measures 37mm X 8mm. It has a power reserve of 48 hours.

Functions include hour, minutes, seconds, power reserve and date window.

yes... date wheel is no problem... date wheel is wide like BIG PILOT... other date wheel on 6 o´clock is possible (only different print)

problem is the power reserve on 6 o´clock... it must go to 3 o´clock... this is only possible if you build this watch as savonette caliber...

Edited by tourbillon1801

I dont know, just for instance it is based on a 7750 or what ever the new movement is called, it is only a center seconds and a power reserve modual, they work on some of the pams dont they with 7750 based works???

The last I heard was that an attempt was being made to use an ETA 7753 with a power module and that the project has been shelved untill after the new year?

Anyone else?

The last I heard was that an attempt was being made to use an ETA 7753 with a power module and that the project has been shelved untill after the new year?

Anyone else?

Can any of the dealers shed any light on this subject at all???

Anyone else?

I do hope not, as this is probably the next most anticipated rep. Can't see what else will keep the PayPal tills ringing at Christmas for the dealers? :animal_rooster:

I dont know, just for instance it is based on a 7750 or what ever the new movement is called, it is only a center seconds and a power reserve modual, they work on some of the pams dont they with 7750 based works???

no no 7750?

IMPOSSIBLE to build a center second and a power reserve on a 7750

also problem with date wheel... date wheel on 7750 is to closed

• 2 weeks later...

Below is a snipit from trc about the Gran Turismo new release.

Copyed over from TRC, the expanation for the movement

"the gen one is using ETA-A07111 movement and only two watch brands are now using this movement and this movement is not sold to third parties like ETA-2836-2, ETA-770 and other ETA movements. So we can only use A7750 to replicate this, at least I see they are observable same in major ways"

it makes sence, and makes me think about the IWC Big pilot as we were wondering if the valranges ETA-A07111 was being copyed to run in the IWCBP. This one factory is not involved or they may have delayed release of this one untill the movement was ready. I still think that we will see the IWCBP with a modded 7750 ticking away inside it, can our experts confirm if a power reserve can be fitted to a 7750?

I know what the post above says but now we see the centre seconds on a 7750 so that is a step closer so just the PR and the date wheel, oh and also an attempt at increasing the PR of the standard 7750 from 2 days upwards.