When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Favorite line from a movie?

maxman

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Any woman built like that has got to be named Lucille".....George Kennedy 'Cool Hand Luke'

"What we got here.....Is a failure to communicate"........Struther Martin 'Cool Hand Luke'

"Rosebud" Orson Welles 'Citizen Kane'

"The Cans...He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!" Steve Martin 'The Jerk'

"No Prisoners! No Prisoners!" Peter Otoole 'Lawrence of Arabia' honorable mention, John Belushi 'Animal Houseclapping.gif

Yes all good in their own way, but for absolute power performance the exchange between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken in True Romance stands head n shoulders above anything else Ive ever seen:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Memorable quotes:

Vincenzo Coccotti: Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Clifford Worley: You're Sicilian, huh?

Coccotti: Yeah, Sicilian.

Clifford Worley: Ya know, I read a lot. Especially about things... about history. I find that [censored] fascinating. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not. Sicilians were spawned by niggers.

Coccotti: Come again?

Clifford Worley: It's a fact. Yeah. You see, uh, Sicilians have, uh, black blood pumpin' through their hearts. Hey, no, if eh, if eh, if you don't believe me, uh, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, uh, you see, uh, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are niggers.

Coccotti: Yes...

Clifford Worley: So you see, way back then, uh, Sicilians were like, uh, wops from Northern Italy. Ah, they all had blonde hair and blue eyes, but, uh, well, then the Moors moved in there, and uh, well, they changed the whole country. They did so much [censored]' with Sicilian women, huh? That they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became black hair and dark skin. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that, uh, that Sicilians still carry that [censored] gene. Now this...

[Coccotti busts out laughing]

Clifford Worley: No, I'm, no, I'm quoting... history. It's written. It's a fact, it's written.

Coccotti: [laughing] I love this guy.

Clifford Worley: Your ancestors are niggers. Uh-huh.

[starts laughing, too]

Clifford Worley: Hey. Yeah. And, and your great-great-great-great grandmother [censored] a [censored], ho, ho, yeah, and she had a half-[censored] kid... now, if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you, you're part eggplant.

Edited by narikaa

Yes all good in their own way, but for absolute power performance the exchange between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken in True Romance stands head n shoulders above anything else Ive ever seen:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Memorable quotes:

I have to agree with Narikaa, one of the most powerful scenes that I can remember. Two great actors at the top of there form. The script(writing) for this scene was also brillant. Great acting and great writing, dosent get much better than this Imho :good: Mike

Its ridiculous how good Walken is, he could read out my shopping list and scare the livin $hit out of me :lol:

Another fine example from the great man........ ;)

Not one of his more well known roles I'll admit, but still a superb performance.

How do you insert a youtube vid like the one above?

• 8 months later...

"I am just a pair of ragged claws, scuttling along the ocean floor of the silent seas"

Dennis Hopper in Apocolypse Now.

1) "You were only suppose to blow the bloody doors off !!"

2) "Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.........." (etc)

3) "Careful you idiot, I said across her nose not up it!"

"Sorry sir, doing my best."

"Who made that man a gunner?"

"I did sir. He's my cousin."

"Who his he?"

"He's an [censored], sir."

"I know that? What's his name?"

"That is his name sir, [censored]. Major [censored]."

"And his cousin?"

"He's an [censored] too sir, Gunner's Mate First Class, Phillip [censored]."

"How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow!?"

"YO!"

"I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes. ... Keep firing, Assholes."

4) The key here, I think, is to not think of death as an end. But, but, think of it more as a very effective way of cutting down on your expenses.

5) "We are outnumbered 20 to 1 !!! "

"twenty to one ?? Time for lunch!!"

6) "What's the password " "The password is what!".... (etc)

7) "Ladies and gentleman, this is your stewardess speaking. We regret any inconvenience the sudden cabin movement might have caused. This is due to periodic air pockets we encountered. There's no reason to be alarmed and we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

8) "Do you speak French, Lt. Drebin?"

"No, but I do kiss that way"

9) " A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums. "

"That's no way for a man to die".

"No... you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go! "

10) "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."